New Dali iO-12 ANC Headphones – Impressions Thread
May 16, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #1,141 of 1,142
May 17, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #1,142 of 1,142
Today I don't have my iO-12 so I'm using my 7 years old B&W P7 Wireless (P7W) --- I never selling this headphone because I think is a classic and the sound, even when not reference, is still very good. By the way, my pair is looking like the first day I receiving, with beautiful design and excellent construction quality. I using this headphone a lot for 3-4 years.

So, because I don't have my iO-12 now (and for few more days), and even when the P7 Wireless is very nice, I'm missing the more reference sound of my iO-12, so I decide using my excellent wired-only, very reference and now classic Sennheiser HD800. And because my 2021 MacBook Pro can driving difficult-driving (high impedance) headphones (prior MBP models can't doing this) I decide using my HD800 without an amp and just plugging directly to my MBP. Wow! I forgetting how good my 2021 MBP can driving my HD800s!

Anyway, the sound is obviously very better than my P7W, but at the same time this is reminding me just how good is the iO-12. I saying before that the iO-12's tonal balance isn't far from the reference sound of my HD800. Right now I don't have both at the same time for corroborating one more time this , but I know very well that, again, I'm enjoying the music with my HD800 very similarly to my iO-12. And this is comparing my HD800 in wired-only mode with the iO-12 in BT mode (!).

One more time is very clear for me that Dali doing an excellent job with the R&D of the iO-12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back