Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
May 29, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #8,057 of 8,061
How are you liking the combo with SP3000T? That thread is surprisingly quiet and I've been debating about whether or not to get it.
@goldwerger had the 3000T for an audition and also has a Traillii. Can you please provide some insight as to what you thought of the 3000T and also what you thought of the combo with the Traillii ( good and or bad ). Tks.

May 29, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #8,058 of 8,061
@goldwerger had the 3000T for an audition and also has a Traillii. Can you please provide some insight as to what you thought of the 3000T and also what you thought of the combo with the Traillii ( good and or bad ). Tks.

Sure thing. I first heard the 3kT at CanJam NYC and loved it. Been looking for a successor to my SP2000 and all the releases in between were lacking its warm full-textured presentation and, finally, it seemed a worthy successor has come.

I got one and had it with me at home for a week. With sadness, due to use case (will detail below), I let it go.

For me, the 3kT is all about the tube amp option. In SS, I found it lean to my taste, as I did the prior recent AK models, and that held true across all IEMs I tried with it. But in tube mode, it's great: rich, lush, and textured; while offering excellent technicalities in terms of resolution and imaging.

As far as synergy with the Trailli - with a big caveat this is based off only a few days and my memory fades quickly - it was good. It let the Trailli shine through on its merits, but at the same tiem it didn't add or complement it in any notable way. I do remember comparing it to the SP2000 and found I liked the Trailli on both of them equally well, which was plenty. I ended up switching to the WM1Zm2 and, to my ears, that combination is better for the Trailli - the 1Zm2 with Trailli, for me, offers extra bass, a bigger sound stage, and an ever more liquid mids (I had all 3 DAPs on hand for a few days).

as an aside, I loved the new Ux of the 3KT - finally... a modern and snappy operating system that is a joy to use and just makes sense. I do miss it a bit..

PS
The use case.. the 3KT tub amp is great with low sensitivity IEMs, but the tube amp is too noisy for sensitive IEMs, and I need a DAP that's good for both (per above, I was only interested in its tube amping). Also, the tube amp will ring for a few seconds until things settle and is definitely not intended for use while in movement.

Last edited:
May 29, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #8,059 of 8,061
I would like to share my experience with the 3000T.

I have been using it with the Traillii JP for some time now, and I agree that it pairs exceptionally well with both the hybrid and tube amplifier options. I have not encountered any noise or ringing issues with any of my current IEMs (Traillii, Annihilator 2023, u12t, final A5000, Diva).

However, I do have one minor complaint: the 3000T's Wi-Fi connection is not very strong in order to avoid interference with its tube. This can sometimes lead to minor hiccups when streaming music.

Pairing it with pb5 Osprey really make the bird sings

Attachments

• 20240525_115212.jpg
    20240525_115212.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
May 30, 2024 at 3:42 AM Post #8,061 of 8,061
I will add that I tested the 3000T at CanJam with my Traillii and was not wowed by it. I felt my N8 BB in solidstate mode was superior. There were others who did like it though.
Got me curious here - we should have 3000T here in the coming weeks, I’ll try to audition it with Traillii and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back