RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
May 16, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #1,846 of 1,855
While I sometimes hear things the way GS does, I've also reached very different conclusions on some gear. He panned the Valkyria if I remember correctly. But that HP kicks-a$$ to my ears. Having owned the Immanis for about a week, I struggle to avoid concluding that anyone who isn't blown away is just crazy. Like anyone who doesn't like pineapple on pizza is crazy. But that's my problem. I just need to learn to accept that some people have terrible taste different but perfectly valid opinions. :ksc75smile: (Tongue planted firmly in cheek on this--before anyone gets offended. Except Immanis is amazing--serious about that part)
Comparing Immanis to pineapple on Pizza, that's a unique take for sure. :D

May 16, 2024 at 2:09 AM Post #1,847 of 1,855
May 16, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #1,848 of 1,855
GoldenSound wasn't a big fan of Immanis (Though he did say they are good, just not for the price) and he's a fan of Susvara's. Vitaliy from Flux Lab Acoustics also didn't seem to be super hyped (Said they are interesting headphones but that's about it) about it, and he likes X9000 better than Susvar
I find that a bit odd, but opinions are just that. I would say that if you enjoy a very large, incredibly dynamic, impactful, well-extended and more "live-ish" presentation...the immanis are an outstanding choice, particularly if you enjoy the ribbon sound.

Will definitely write a few words about it, I'll be there for a whole day 10am to 8pm, maybe a bit less most likely, but definitely for more than half an hour :p
Then it seems you'll get a fair shot. With great gear nonetheless! Remember to try and enjoy the music :p

May 16, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #1,849 of 1,855
I understand Golden Sound is not a Sus fan but loves the Tungsten DS. I have the DS and they are good, particularly at their cost, but not up to the Sus level IMO. I may not have GS ears or following, but I know what I prefer.
When I get the Immanis I will see what may go up for sale......... DS, LCD-5 (getting almost 0 time right now) or my beloved Sus!
Last I've heard, GoldenSound is still on his Susvara on his Zahl and so on and so forth.

Also an interesting question, would you guys say Immanis is worth the 2x + the price compared to Susvara?

May 16, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #1,851 of 1,855
GoldenSound wasn't a big fan of Immanis (Though he did say they are good, just not for the price) and he's a fan of Susvara's. Vitaliy from Flux Lab Acoustics also didn't seem to be super hyped (Said they are interesting headphones but that's about it) about it, and he likes X9000 better than Susvara

Will definitely write a few words about it, I'll be there for a whole day 10am to 8pm, maybe a bit less most likely, but definitely for more than half an hour :p

My experience with Susvara is from an inferior setup, though a tube amp, I think Cayin HA3 with iFi DAC, I didn't feel that it was lacking, from the same setup both headphones side by side (Caldera) were different in presentation but similar in performance, maybe Susvara was a bit ahead, it had a bit of a more articulate/ethereal sound, while Caldera was cleaner and more natural. From my current setup it's obviously better than Susvara on that other setup with really great stage and imaging (On better recordings) and great texture and bass that feels like it is actually produced by the instruments playing instead of the tube bloom that was from that other setup.
I take it as a positive that there is a reviewer who says he likes but doesnt love the Immanis compared to the susvara...it would be kind of strange if everybody felt exactly the same...the complaint being price is totally subjective of course and to me means nothing in the aggregate...we are playing in the big leagues here people lol...ultimately it is all subjective...I for one simply love the Raal ribbon sound and performance..I also can understand those who prefer planars etc...that is why choice is so great

May 16, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #1,852 of 1,855
Immanis is great, Ideally I would want to own both, but after plenty of listening sessions with Envy and Envy AE in Munich last week and already having Susvara I dont feel like I miss much and rather invest in the chain to further push Susvara to the limits than investing almost 10 grand in Immanis. Maybe I get Immanis at some point when the price drops. Right now I could have it for around 8k, which is still too much considering it would be just a (great) sidegrade to Sus.

Regarding Caldera, its is not in the same league Im afraid, I love the headphone, it was my daily driver for around a year and a relative currently have it, so I have access to it anytime, regullary trying it with new chains. The biggest "issue" with it simply doesnt scale on higher end chains, its outmatched by something like Verite Open, (which scales very well) on an Envy / May chain, not to speak of Susvara.

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #1,853 of 1,855
If you all want to sign a petition for me to get my Immanis sooner I'll happily review it vs Susvara and X9000 for the good of everyone :smile:

May 16, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #1,854 of 1,855
@Aleksandar R. I just wanted to say congratulations on the monumental achievement that is/are the RAAL 1995 Immanis headphones. I suspect the lucky few that currently own them are afraid to publicly state what you probably already know. I'll just leave it there:)

You've accomplished something truly remarkable here and I both congratulate and thank you. I only hope they bring you and your partners commensurate financial success.
Thank you for the compliments!
I did everything I could...I think it's my best work so far, combining everything I learned for almost 30 years and I'm very grateful for the interest it generated.
It doesn't get any better than this in a life of an audio gear designer.

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
May 16, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #1,855 of 1,855

Users who are viewing this thread

Back