RAAL 1995 Immanis
May 17, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #346 of 353
How was the EF1000 with Immanis?
Not even close to the Pass amp (though it must be said the Pass amp was designed largely to sound like a tube amp without tubes). Overall, the immanis sounded very thin with disjointed staging on the EF1000. I noticed the same thing with LCD-5s. It just isn't a good pairing.

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #347 of 353
2 amps:

- Pass Labs X250.5 (which is a good notch or two below the VM-1a, which just left for repairs) + TI-1b with the Immanis.
- Hifiman EF1000 (best amp I have ever personally heard with Susvara).
- I tried the Susvaras with the X250.5 using a custom headphone transformer, but the EF1000 was significantly better. That amp gives Susvara so much more subtlety, delicacy, grip and coherence compared to every other amp I have heard.

In addition, here is the rest of the chain:

DAC - T+A 200
Source - Custom Server/Streamer
Software - Roon + Foobar2000
Playback mode - Native DSD
Files - locally stored DSD256 .diff/.dsf

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #348 of 353
In addition, here is the rest of the chain:

DAC - T+A 200
Source - Custom Server/Streamer
Software - Roon + Foobar2000
Playback mode - Native DSD
Files - locally stored DSD256 .diff/.dsf
Awesome DAC!

May 17, 2024 at 8:33 PM Post #349 of 353
Let's be real - this is an audiophile forum. We are all old men here, to one extent or another. :wink:
Low 30s here. There are a handful of us trying to keep the hobby going in spite of being the Beats by Dre and AirPod generation :smile_phones:

May 18, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #350 of 353
Let's be real - this is an audiophile forum. We are all old men here, to one extent or another. :wink:
I feel like I've seen plenty of young people in my 3 visits to Canjam. I am 26, and I don't think it was uncommon to see people even younger than me, though I guess I don't know how many of them are active on forums.

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 4:34 AM Post #351 of 353
Low 30s here. There are a handful of us trying to keep the hobby going in spite of being the Beats by Dre and AirPod generation :smile_phones:
He said one way or the other.
I'm in my mid thirties but was basically born in my fifties... I guess this is sort of what he meant

May 18, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #352 of 353
I gave my impressions of the Immanis vs Susvara on the Feliks Envy on this other thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/feliks-audio-envy.960600/post-18120782

In shorter worlds, The Immanis are a different beast (or complementary) compared the Susvaras, they are more vivid/exciting with great dynamics and slam (I believe more than Utopias) and they have some impactful, deep and unbounded bass that never experienced on any other headphone (Susvaras and Utopias lack quite bit on that department without EQ). Resolution-wise is as or more resolving than Susvaras (hard to tell exactly because the treble has a different presentation on the Immanis, a bit more pronounced which I also believe make them feel more aired). Soundtage-wise it felt bigger and more 3D compared susvaras with a superb separation of instruments and insane clarity (susvaras also but presented differently, less vivid).

I tried the Immanis on both, Envy PE and AE and is a killer combo with both, but don't ask me about differences between these two amps, they were using different tubes (stock tubes for each version).
I have an ENLEUM 23R and wonder how well it would drive the Immanis as a as amp often stated to have tube-like qualities.

May 18, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #353 of 353
He said one way or the other.
I'm in my mid thirties but was basically born in my fifties... I guess this is sort of what he meant
Everyone is welcome, and I am happy to say that I notice more and more young people every year at CanJam. Tbh, I was just making light of the meme that audiophilia is an old man's hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back