Rank the IEM's you've heard
May 26, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #5,161 of 5,175
Thought I would update my list here.

1. Noble Onyx and FatFreq Maestro SE
2. A64 U4S
3. A64 U12T / FatFreq Scarlet Mini
4. 7hz Zero 2
5. 7hz Aurora

Onyx for the surround sound/soundstage feel while Maestro SE for the exciting but real punchy sound and insane details.

U4S is just cause it’s the easiest to listen IEM I have. Other then a smaller soundstage, it can pop into my ear and call it a day.

7hz Zero2 to me is like the U4S but cheaper.

If I was to rank every single IEM I heard before, then substonic storm maybe my 2nd or 3rd place for easy to hear and big sound but to me not special enough for a 1st.

Then there’s also softear Cerberus which can be my 4th or 5th place for its absolutely beautiful vocals.

There’s also the symphonium Helios which I can also slot to 4/5 place for being real easy to listen with a lot of good technicalities done well.

I have heard many other IEM so far and I actually think 7hz zero 2 really can hold its own for being an enjoyable sound for me haha.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #5,162 of 5,175
Thought I would update my list here.

1. Noble Onyx and FatFreq Maestro SE
2. A64 U4S
3. A64 U12T / FatFreq Scarlet Mini
4. 7hz Zero 2
5. 7hz Aurora

Onyx for the surround sound/soundstage feel while Maestro SE for the exciting but real punchy sound and insane details.

U4S is just cause it’s the easiest to listen IEM I have. Other then a smaller soundstage, it can pop into my ear and call it a day.

7hz Zero2 to me is like the U4S but cheaper.

If I was to rank every single IEM I heard before, then substonic storm maybe my 2nd or 3rd place for easy to hear and big sound but to me not special enough for a 1st.

Then there’s also softear Cerberus which can be my 4th or 5th place for its absolutely beautiful vocals.

There’s also the symphonium Helios which I can also slot to 4/5 place for being real easy to listen with a lot of good technicalities done well.

I have heard many other IEM so far and I actually think 7hz zero 2 really can hold its own for being an enjoyable sound for me haha.
Interesting your ranking, especially at the high end where I was thinking of landing.
Onyx might be my teacup,though to my skin a bit darker sounding than KK (at least reading the rewiews).
Also very interesting is your appreciation to 64 Audio U4S, an in ear that I've been eyeing for some time.
If I stay with Noble KK I think I will want to try 64 Audio U4S to compare it with Isn Est50

May 26, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #5,163 of 5,175
My actual ranking, based on my most used IEMs for a while ..

by a significant margin after many years
1. IER-Z1R

then for sleeping
2. IER-M9
3. Sleep A20

for trips
4. Aviot TE-ZX1 PNK

....I didn't use the next one for almost more than a year, but I would still enjoy them if I had to do.
5. IE600
6. IE800s
7. XBA-N3
8. Zetian WU
9. EXT
10. IE900

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #5,164 of 5,175
My actual ranking, based on my most used IEMs for a while ..

by a significant margin after many years
1. IER-Z1R

then for sleeping
2. IER-M9
3. Sleep A20

for trips
4. Aviot TE-ZX1 PNK

....I didn't use the next one for almost more than a year, but would still enjoy them if I had to use.
5. IE600
6. XBA-N3
7. Zetian WU
8. EXT
9. IE900
10. WF-1000XM5
I would have considered the IER-M9, due to its isolation, ideal for trips :xf_eek:

May 26, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #5,165 of 5,175
Thank you for the clarification
☺️.
So with the right configuration you find Annhy "superior" in the bass compared to KK?
Reading various rewiews I understand that Annhy has the best highs out there.
Do you also find Annihilator superior in other places compared to KK?
Given a chance I would keep both of them,however if I buy Annihilator or something else I will have to sacrifice KK 😞.
I have had so many headphones, but until now KK and Sennhy Ie600 have been the only headphones that have always given me a smile with all the albums listened to date....everyone.
I don't want to sacrifice money and time to change and then regret....
Yes. I’m not a big fan of mids. I like the U shape of KK and to me, the Anni is a similar signature with better highs and lows. The highs are by a pretty big margin but the lows are close. I got rid of my Traillii once I head Anni.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #5,166 of 5,175
Yes. I’m not a big fan of miss. I like the U shape of KK and to me, the Anni is a similar signature with better highs and lows. The highs are by a pretty big margin but the lows are close. I got rid of my Traillii once I head Anni.
Thx 😉

May 27, 2024 at 4:30 AM Post #5,167 of 5,175
Hi guys :) would you be able to recommend an endgame iem? I would like to sell (almost) all of mine and just keep a top quality all rounder. I'm quite a basshead but also care about open 3d sound and good timber and details.
I tried the mkiii but I found jt quite piercing and, if possible, a bit too precise on the way it localizes sound.

May 27, 2024 at 5:27 AM Post #5,169 of 5,175
Also I tried oriveti oh700vb but was quite unsatisfyed by the lack of punchiness in the bass.

My budget would be around €1000..
64 Audio U4S.
If I don't upgrade Noble KK I want to try one.
For what you are looking for you might also like sennhy ie600/900.

May 27, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #5,170 of 5,175
I would have considered the IER-M9, due to its isolation, ideal for trips :xf_eek:
Unfortunately, I tried it, I agree for SQ there is absolutely no doubt that there is huge gap between IER-M9 and 100% of TWS available in 2024 .. but a DAP+Cable+IEM can be real a pain to be used outdoor (street, train, planes, Airports, Stations) => so these days, I prefer to use a TWS like Aviot TE-ZX1 PNK .. a rather versatile way for music outdoor.

Last edited:
May 27, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #5,171 of 5,175
Hi guys :) would you be able to recommend an endgame iem? I would like to sell (almost) all of mine and just keep a top quality all rounder. I'm quite a basshead but also care about open 3d sound and good timber and details.
I tried the mkiii but I found jt quite piercing and, if possible, a bit too precise on the way it localizes sound.
Singularity

May 27, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #5,172 of 5,175
U4S. When you mean MkIII you mean monarch ? If it’s the case then U4S is way easier to listen for me

May 27, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #5,173 of 5,175
Current top 5:

1. Myer Audio CKLVX D41/Soundrhyme SR5 (I really can't decide which I like more, they're both great)
2. Audiosense T800
3. EPZ K5
4. CCA Hydro
5. TRN ST7

Aful Performer 8 would probably be somewhere in the top 5 as well but I don't own it anymore so I'm not going to rank it.

May 28, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #5,174 of 5,175
LAST UPDATE: 29 MAY 2024

FIRESIGN IEM RANKING:

1) 64audio U4s
(fun! great all-rounder, and versatile with Apex modules)
2) Penon Voltage (practically as good as number 1)
3) ThieAudio Monarch MK3 (a little too much bass and too much treble, but very fun)

4) AüR Audio Neon Pro (good for metal, although it lacks subbass)
5) UM Mest MK2 (EQ needed - increase the bass 2 dB and increase the mids 1 dB)

-----------

- Empire Ears Nemesis (EQ needed - reduce the bass and the treble)
- Oriolus Isabellae
- 7hz Timeless
- ThieAudio Clairvoyance
- Shuoer S12
- 64audio U12t
- Shure KSE1200
- FiiO FH7
- AüR Audio Aurora
- CCA CRA (EQ needed)
- SoftEars RSV
- iBasso IT07
- Beyerdynamic Xelento
- Itsfit Fusion
- IMR Opus Mia
- Sony XBA-N3AP
- IMR R2 Aten
- Campfire Audio Solaris
- Dunu DK2001
- KZ DQ6 / DQ6S
- Campfire Audio Andromeda
- Tangzu Wan'er
- 7hz Salnotes Zero
- Moondrop Quarks DSP

I hate them: Hifiman RE2000Pro Silver, JVC HA-FDX1, IMR Dark Matter, Sennheiser IE300, IMR R1 Zenith

IMPORTANT:
I only listen to hard rock, progressive and metal. And that I don't like the "flat" and boring sound at all.

Last edited:
May 29, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #5,175 of 5,175
LAST UPDATE: 29 MAY 2024

FIRESIGN IEM RANKING:

1) 64audio U4s
(fun! great all-rounder, and versatile with Apex modules)
2) Penon Voltage (practically as good as number 1)
3) ThieAudio Monarch MK3 (a little too much bass and too much treble, but very fun)

4) AüR Audio Neon Pro (good for metal, although it lacks subbass)
5) UM Mest MK2 (EQ needed - increase the bass 2 dB and increase the mids 1 dB)

-----------

- Empire Ears Nemesis (EQ needed - reduce the bass and the treble)
- Oriolus Isabellae
- 7hz Timeless
- ThieAudio Clairvoyance
- Shuoer S12
- 64audio U12t
- Shure KSE1200
- FiiO FH7
- AüR Audio Aurora
- CCA CRA (EQ needed)
- SoftEars RSV
- iBasso IT07
- Beyerdynamic Xelento
- Itsfit Fusion
- IMR Opus Mia
- Sony XBA-N3AP
- IMR R2 Aten
- Campfire Audio Solaris
- Dunu DK2001
- KZ DQ6 / DQ6S
- Campfire Audio Andromeda
- Tangzu Wan'er
- 7hz Salnotes Zero
- Moondrop Quarks DSP

I hate them: Hifiman RE2000Pro Silver, JVC HA-FDX1, IMR Dark Matter, Sennheiser IE300, IMR R1 Zenith

IMPORTANT:
I only listen to hard rock, progressive and metal. And that I don't like the "flat" and boring sound at all.
I keep thinking of selling my U4s and then I put them in and listen for at least an hour and remember why I kept these in the first place. Such a good set for a decent price. Does everything I like from the 7A Supernova plus it has bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back