Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 14, 2024 at 11:53 PM Post #24,661 of 24,664
I was on it about the lack of strategy, characters compared to the book - which is what 1150 pages? So it was never going to stack up in that way. As far as technically, it seemed like a good TV production, but well short of a full blown high budget movie type technology/film.
That's something I read online on reddit. I read that the producers weren't all that familiar with the source material.

This had me intrigued. They consistently say 'Attack on Titan' is the greater anime they've ever seen. I guess I will have to try to sit through it again to see if it hooks me. It already failed me once. I

What is it about this is so popular I wonder

Surprised that the host says Attack on Titan. lol I may probably fail again if I see, and say over-rated. I agree with the host, Slam Dunk is the best anime! lol He got good taste. lol Or we're probably a bit old-fashioned in our taste.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #24,662 of 24,664
That's something I read online on reddit. I read that the producers weren't all that familiar with the source material.
So they skimmed the Cliff Notes? Often popular books don't resonate with me, but Shogun is classic. Not to mention Tai-Pan, Noble House and King Rat.

May 15, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #24,663 of 24,664
The Courier - 7/10

New one on Netflix. Worth watching, but barely.
One thing that surprised me was the amount of sex/nudity in this one.
There is one scene that I couldn't believe Netflix allowed.

PS Still hoping Amazon Prime decides to release more seasons of "Documental".
They stopped airing them in the USA most likely because they were too "vulgar".
They're up to Season 12 in Japan and they're pretty hilarious.
My favorite is the all female version called "Joshimental".
Season 1 is better than ANY season of Documental!

It's a competitive reality comedy show where you have to eliminate other people by making them laugh.
The hard part is you yourself can't smile or laugh at your own jokes. If you do, you're out.
The winner gets a ton of money as a prize.

It's a rather bizarre show and some of the jokes are way over my head, but it's still very funny.

It seems to be so popular that fans made English subtitles for every season.

May 17, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #24,664 of 24,664
Docs like these are quite interesting.

It's interesting to hear about how Japanese Luxury vehicle came about. It's interesting what analysis went in to figure out the market.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back