Schiit Gungnir DAC
May 17, 2024 at 10:59 PM Post #7,156 of 7,161
What optical cable are you using? Glass? I just hooked up a decent optical cable from my cd player to Gumby and actually thought it sounded better than coax out. Maybe I'm crazy.
I kept cycling from coax to optical and back. Each time, it sounded like optical was slightly better. 🤷‍♂️
Thats how I felt on my A1 Yggy OG, the optical was just a tiny bit cleaner than the USB Gen 5. But my A2 OG has Unison and they sound identical.

May 18, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #7,157 of 7,161
I may be picking up a Holo Cyan 2 soon, and will be really curious to hear it compared with my Unison A2 Gumby. From what I hear, the Cyan 2 is as neutral and natural as they come in terms of R2R DACs, but I can’t imagine how I wouldn’t miss the Gumby’s personality. The bass slam, the way the vocals “pop,” and the expansive stage are so enjoyable. If it’s a trade for all that with some added resolution and smoothness, I’m honestly not sure which one I’d pick. Stay tuned…
Keep us posted. Interested to hear how Gumby stacks up

May 19, 2024 at 7:23 PM Post #7,159 of 7,161
Anyone know about this?
What is going on that it is not reclocking? Turning off and on is the only way reset Gungnir. If there is something else going on, it probably needs to be sent back to Schiit for diagnosis

May 19, 2024 at 9:45 PM Post #7,160 of 7,161
What is going on that it is not reclocking? Turning off and on is the only way reset Gungnir. If there is something else going on, it probably needs to be sent back to Schiit for diagnosis

well I was looking at this in the manual but perhaps I misread it. The clock mode LED is off on my unit which according to the manual seems like a good thing. Perhaps I have nothing worry about.

Attachments

• IMG_4015.jpeg
    IMG_4015.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 0
May 19, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #7,161 of 7,161
well I was looking at this in the manual but perhaps I misread it. The clock mode LED is off on my unit which according to the manual seems like a good thing. Perhaps I have nothing worry about.
Correct, if that LED remains off you’re all good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back