SONY NW-ZX700
May 15, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #2,716 of 2,719
Yeah, silicone. But I don't hear anything bright with other DAPs and those silicone eartips (Azla Crystal). The foam eartips will surely help but I usually can't stand it. I'll give a try to Symbio's

May 15, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #2,717 of 2,719
I'm looking on Ebay at a few Zx707 if the words High gain are in the settings does this mean it's uncapped. Are the words high gain in the UK/EU models just not active?

May 15, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #2,718 of 2,719
I'm looking on Ebay at a few Zx707 if the words High gain are in the settings does this mean it's uncapped. Are the words high gain in the UK/EU models just not active?
There is no "high gain" setting in the menu of the capped players.

******************************************************************************************************************************
https://thewalkmanblog.blogspot.com...x700-and-nw-a300-walkmans-not-only-in-eu.html

The manual says there is a beep and you can cancel it, but the main issue is there is no high gain in the menu for the US model, and the specifications only mention a maximum power output of 0.4-1.1mW (32Ω), which is no where near what it should be, like the Japanese version which is 50mW+50mW (3.5mm) and 230mW+230mW (Balanced).

This post lists all the countries with high gain enabled and those with no high gain.

EU version : NO high gain
US version : NO high gain
Japan version : High gain
Singapore version : NO high gain
Malaysian version : High gain
Hong Kong version : High gain

Canada version : NO high gain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back