Sony Z1R....listening impressions only
May 16, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #9,646 of 9,652
Yes it sounds nice byt i am surprised the sloppy build from the sony kimber versus the axios. As rhe weavings interloks on the sony KK are looser and in the axios are more tightly weaven, smaller interlocks and plus the axios has no y-splitter piece, the cable itself bifurcates from alone very cool

Sorry to resurrect a very old post. Obviously I was searching for a specific topic. :) My question is, what happens with the Axios no-splitter cable medium or long term? Is there a risk that the cable starts pulling apart into two cables further and further down? How has yours aged?

Just received mine today.

May 18, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #9,649 of 9,652
Sorry to resurrect a very old post. Obviously I was searching for a specific topic. :) My question is, what happens with the Axios no-splitter cable medium or long term? Is there a risk that the cable starts pulling apart into two cables further and further down? How has yours aged?

Just received mine today.
Hey mr. fantastic, looks like you're asking about the axios cable, which I have. I used to have the copper axios, but I liked it so much I upgraded to the silver Axios. The quality of the cable is incredible and the no splitter design is very strong and cannot be split unless one is extremely forcefully pulling the ends apart. The cable has been treated very well and still looks great and flawless, even tho I have accidentally tugged the cable when it was hooked in my desk drawer handle before.

May 18, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #9,650 of 9,652
Hey mr. fantastic, looks like you're asking about the axios cable, which I have. I used to have the copper axios, but I liked it so much I upgraded to the silver Axios. The quality of the cable is incredible and the no splitter design is very strong and cannot be split unless one is extremely forcefully pulling the ends apart. The cable has been treated very well and still looks great and flawless, even tho I have accidentally tugged the cable when it was hooked in my desk drawer handle before.

Thanks for the response! Great to hear they hold up great. In fact, I see now that it might even be impossible to split them further, as the cables intertwine when they join up. I guess this is a great solution: no weight from a splitter and perfect durability.

How has the change between the copper and silver versions been? Wouldn't silver in theory lead to a small accentuation of the treble?

May 18, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #9,651 of 9,652
Thanks for the response! Great to hear they hold up great. In fact, I see now that it might even be impossible to split them further, as the cables intertwine when they join up. I guess this is a great solution: no weight from a splitter and perfect durability.

How has the change between the copper and silver versions been? Wouldn't silver in theory lead to a small accentuation of the treble?
A properly built cable with OCC silver (which the AXIOS doesn't use) actually smooths out the highs, widens the soundstage and extends the low end.

May 18, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #9,652 of 9,652

The Cu Axios was fantastic, thanks mostly due to its incredible build quality and complex braid geometry. Looking back on it now, I really think material is the most fundamental element, the Silver is a perfect conductor and it makes the copper sound very lower fidelity in comparison, because yes, the treble seems to be accentuated and the silver seems to magically make resolution endlessly good, maximizing enjoyment level. I agree that it is a great concept with awesome durability. I can't go without mentioning how amazingly clear all frequencies are with the Axios AG, there's no loss in bass as there is no loss in anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back