Study your enemies and make peace with them, or better yet, money!!!
Oct 1, 2003 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SENOR4Q

100+ Head-Fier
First the flat pads, then the emmeline amps, then the Meier amps. Next thing you know we'll be buying Audio Technica hedphones with ASL and MAD amplifiers, or maybe an Ear Max Pro or RKV. Way to go Todd!! Next stop, Alessandro Headphones. It's sad these cans don't have more exposure.

P.S. What do you plan to do to fill the tube amp void in you catalogue, Todd? Hint hint, humble suggestions above
rs1smile.gif

Oct 1, 2003 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 8
Hi SENOR4Q,

Yes, the product line is growing. I hope to address the lack of tube amps soon (there is the tubed EAR HP4 for only $3495) and am working on a few possibilities.
I would expect to see the Audio Technica headphones being sold at the best price by Audio Cubes. I have tried to get them direct but failed, and failed miserably!!! We'll see what else comes along here at TTVJ.

Oct 1, 2003 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 8
Very nice Todd, thanks for the reply. I understand the whole japanese headphone thing and import implications. My real question was about the tube amps. I do think that carrying Alessandro Grados would be a good move though. I know that some people are intimidated by products that are carryed only in one place due to their lack of exposure. I think you could help remedy that. I think it would be a cool alternative to grado owners who want a tweaked sound, similar to the different aftermarket cables out there for Senns.

Oct 1, 2003 at 8:28 PM Post #4 of 8
What about the CD3000 and at least amps that match with it....on this you will have less competition at least....except Audiocubes, nobody else carry them....

Oct 1, 2003 at 8:35 PM Post #5 of 8
That's a slightly less reasonable request since sony demands that if you sell one sony product, you must pimp many others or not at all. Unless Todd decides he wants to sell MD players and all of that other sony garbage, no dice.

Oct 1, 2003 at 9:12 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by SENOR4Q
That's a slightly less reasonable request since sony demands that if you sell one sony product, you must pimp many others or not at all. Unless Todd decides he wants to sell MD players and all of that other sony garbage, no dice.

Not only that, but Sony Electronics Corp. of America considers the higher-end MDR-CD### series headphones to be their "premium" products. And in order for an authorized Sony reseller to even carry any of their "premium" products, that reseller must also carry - and actually post huge sales numbers of - their cheaper (and craptacular) products, such as their Street Style headphones (Blurgh!), w.ear's (
eek.gif
) and MDR-VCRAP series so-called "studio monitors" such as the V600 (
very_evil_smiley.gif
). Moreover, Sony Electronics Corp. of America would rather sell lots of the terrible V600's than the CD580's, even though the CD580's sound much better and are a bit cheaper than the nasty V600's - though even the CD580's are by no means the best headphones at their price point.

Eagle_Driver

Oct 2, 2003 at 1:04 AM Post #7 of 8
Well I got mine on eBay and the guys don't sell any other Sony stuff, Grey market? Black market? Who cares? I want my headphone, and period, Audiocubes sell all this crap also? Horror!!!! OTOH I'm not asking him to become a Sony dealer, just to sell the CD3000, or any amp to make it happy....

Sorry Todd, then NO, do not sell it, you don't need to get involved is such crappiness, at least not that soon....LOL

Oct 23, 2003 at 2:45 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Todd
Hi SENOR4Q,

Yes, the product line is growing. I hope to address the lack of tube amps soon (there is the tubed EAR HP4 for only $3495) and am working on a few possibilities.
I would expect to see the Audio Technica headphones being sold at the best price by Audio Cubes. I have tried to get them direct but failed, and failed miserably!!! We'll see what else comes along here at TTVJ.

A friend of mine makes tube headamps out of New York. He modified one of his preamp models to make me a fantastic EL84 SET headamp with a tube rectifier. Maybe you could consider his amp as one of the lines you are planning to launch. He is a nice guy but I'm not sure if he is a great businessman. PM me if you want his contact. BTW thanks for sending out the flat pads. They make a great combo with either my solid state or tube amplifiers.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back