Symphonium Titan - Impressions and reviews
May 16, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #406 of 420
Just wanted to say that the teams at both Symphonium and Headphones.com are incredible! Special shoutouts to both @Thracian at Symphonium and Alan Lin from Headphones.com for helping me out with my Titan issue.

Last month I left a comment here that I was getting unbalanced sound from my Titans and Felix (Thracian) immediately reached out to help troubleshoot. When we couldn't solve it that way, he had Alan contact me to send the unit back to Headphones for testing. Unfortunately, their testing rig wasn't working, so they sent the unit back to Symphonium to see if they could find any issues. As it turns out, the polarity was reversed on one of the crossovers which they were able to fix.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier with how both parties handled this and helped me with my issue. A+ scores for customer service!

I ran my unit through its paces last night and I definitely understand the hype on these. The bass goes deep without overpowering the other frequencies and is non-fatiguing even after hours of listening while maintaining plenty of detail with a wide soundstage to boot. I will say that this iem is very tip-dependent with some pretty significant changes in sound between tips. YMMV, but I found that the stock blue tips made the bass too boomy, so after plenty of tip rolling I finally settled on the Azla SednaEarfit Xelastic as it seemed to offer the greatest balance between treble clarity and precise, deep bass.

May 16, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #407 of 420
My Titans arrived today :ksc75smile:

I have connected them to my Shanling M6 Ultra and after a little tip rolling have settled on the yellow stock tips for the time being, I have set the M6U to a medium gain as this seems to be the most pleasing to my ear so far.

Quick initial impression while listening to Berghain 03 Dj mix by Len Faki, holy smokes the bass on these IEMs is incredible, track 6 Lowdown Brittle has some really interesting bass action that caught my attention.

I think I’m going to enjoy working my way through my music library with the Titans, there is so much sub bass on offer but it doesn’t seem to be at the expense of any of the other frequencies further up the range. I will add further impressions as I get more time with the Titans, but right now after just a few hours I can tell you that I do not think I am disappointed with this purchase 😁

May 16, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #408 of 420
As it turns out, the polarity was reversed on one of the crossovers which they were able to fix.

I thought Symphonium tested every single crossover/driver/iem at all stages of construction and before it was packed ready for sale?, how could they miss this?

May 16, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #409 of 420
I thought Symphonium tested every single crossover/driver/iem at all stages of construction and before it was packed ready for sale?, how could they miss this?
It happens to every company, even those with the best qc. I've had multiple qc issues (none with Symphonium) across various companies this year and last year.

What's more important is how the company responds to the issues imo. It looks like Symphonium went above and beyond in Farrellc's case, at least compared to some of the responses I've had from other companies in the past.

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #410 of 420
It happens to every company, even those with the best qc. I've had multiple qc issues (none with Symphonium) across various companies this year and last year.

What's more important is how the company responds to the issues imo. It looks like Symphonium went above and beyond in Farrellc's case, at least compared to some of the responses I've had from other companies in the past.
Honestly, I get that things like this happen from time to time and Symphonium's QC has a pretty good track record. Like you said, their response to the issue is the most important thing and they responded and dealt with it much faster than most other companies out there. You can tell that they really value their customers and brand image which should provide plenty of peace of mind for anyone looking to buy from them.

May 16, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #411 of 420
Just wanted to say that the teams at both Symphonium and Headphones.com are incredible! Special shoutouts to both @Thracian at Symphonium and Alan Lin from Headphones.com for helping me out with my Titan issue.

Last month I left a comment here that I was getting unbalanced sound from my Titans and Felix (Thracian) immediately reached out to help troubleshoot. When we couldn't solve it that way, he had Alan contact me to send the unit back to Headphones for testing. Unfortunately, their testing rig wasn't working, so they sent the unit back to Symphonium to see if they could find any issues. As it turns out, the polarity was reversed on one of the crossovers which they were able to fix.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier with how both parties handled this and helped me with my issue. A+ scores for customer service!

I ran my unit through its paces last night and I definitely understand the hype on these. The bass goes deep without overpowering the other frequencies and is non-fatiguing even after hours of listening while maintaining plenty of detail with a wide soundstage to boot. I will say that this iem is very tip-dependent with some pretty significant changes in sound between tips. YMMV, but I found that the stock blue tips made the bass too boomy, so after plenty of tip rolling I finally settled on the Azla SednaEarfit Xelastic as it seemed to offer the greatest balance between treble clarity and precise, deep bass.
Glad to hear that everything worked out in the end. How long did the whole process take before you got a pair of working IEMs?

May 16, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #412 of 420
people are human after all; everyone makes mistakes...

May 16, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #413 of 420

Although I love finding good deals on used IEMs, nothing beats receiving great customer service from official retailers such as Headphones.com especially when you are dealing with a manufacturer that isn't located in the USA. Paying full retail price comes with some peace of mind in case something is wrong. Glad to hear everything worked out for you.

May 16, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #415 of 420
Hi folks!

My Titan arrived yesterday and oh god it sounds so damm good, I am impressed by the quality and quantity of the bass, it's punchy, rumbly and digs very deep. The other frequencies are veyr good too especially the treble that's airy and quite detailed. Soundstage is also quite good for an IEM, the music has a lot of depth and a holographic presentation, details I think it's above Mest MK II but half step below U12T, but quite impressive for this type of tunning.

Now the wait begins for the Crimson... And them I hope it's end game for quite some time.

I had some other Bass heavy IEMs in the past like Meteor and Mext and there is no comparison, the bass on Titan is just on a whole another level, actually is the best bass I heard on a IEM so far.

May 17, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #417 of 420
Just checking in to confirm that the Shanling UA5 dongle connected to the iPhone 14 Pro Max works just fine with the Titans, I have the UA5 set to high gain and the Titans are sounding fantastic.

Listening to Triola - Leuchtturm (Wighnomy’s Polarzipper Remix) with this combo, and all I can say is wow!! This bass reaches deep, but all the little micro details are right there in full clarity :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #418 of 420
I had some other Bass heavy IEMs in the past like Meteor and Mext and there is no comparison, the bass on Titan is just on a whole another level, actually is the best bass I heard on a IEM so far.

What genres do you mainly listen to? I am interested in the Titans because a majority of my library is hip-hop, Drum N Bass, dubstep, etc. Just trying to gauge how other HeadFiers music taste and subjective impressions can influence my decision to upgrade to the Titans or not.

May 18, 2024 at 2:36 AM Post #419 of 420
I am interested in the Titans because a majority of my library is hip-hop, Drum N Bass, dubstep, etc. Just trying to gauge how other HeadFiers music taste and subjective impressions can influence my decision to upgrade to the Titans or not.

My DnB listening was mostly in the 90s but I recall this Goldie - "Dragonfly" was one of my favorite tracks and I listened to it with the Titan from FLAC (lol, looks like I skipped CD1 entirely with the 60 minute "Mother" track when ripping, maybe I should give it another shot after all these years...).
Actually listening to it a 2nd time now as it's just such a versatile track with elements in perfect balance and it's never sounded as fine to me as with these Titan IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back