The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
May 24, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #22,501 of 22,507
I find it sounding unnatural and strange this way. I much prefer controlling the subwoofer bass by leaving a gap at the back. You tilt it inwards and this way you also focus the stage in front of you rather than behind. That’s always my default tilt position
I do it similarly or angled with gap towards the bottom back
How are your pads oriented? Thick part on the bottom back?

May 24, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #22,502 of 22,507

I also wanted to know what position is 3 o'clock, the thick part in front?

May 24, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #22,504 of 22,507
I got a new Norne cable today and what great cable it is! The ergonomics of the stock JPS cable were not for me, so I went with this one.

SkygqqK.jpg

May 24, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #22,505 of 22,507
Correct, too uncomfortable at the temples the other way around.

May 24, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #22,506 of 22,507
I got a new Norne cable today and what great cable it is! The ergonomics of the stock JPS cable were not for me, so I went with this one.

SkygqqK.jpg
Looks stellar! What model is it? Thick 8w looks good on 1266, any comments on the sound?

If you want to know the pad position mentioned, I would rotate one notch up (so that the stitch is one step higher). Then bend the headband slightly in the other way, so that the drivers are angled towards me. Then with the width it’s possible to control bass with the gap at the back. Works for my head at least

May 24, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #22,507 of 22,507
Looks stellar! What model is it? Thick 8w looks good on 1266, any comments on the sound?

If you want to know the pad position mentioned, I would rotate one notch up (so that the stitch is one step higher). Then bend the headband slightly in the other way, so that the drivers are angled towards me. Then with the width it’s possible to control bass with the gap at the back. Works for my head at least
Thanks- It's called the Drausk 17.6 AWG in clear copper. Sound- Excellent, but I'm not exactly sure that it's any different than the great sound quality I had with the stock cable. I'll likely do a proper multi-day brain burn-in, get used to this cable, and swap on the JPS stock cable to see if can hear any difference. Measurement data I've seen on-line says no difference, but I'll also hear for myself to see what I conclude.

Thanks for the tip on the pads. I'll give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back