The Sound Kitchen, Rotterdam
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2023 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Wyville

Headphoneus Supremus
I wanted to start a dedicated thread to a unique store in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, called The Sound Kitchen. There are only a few good head-fi stores in the Netherlands and this one stands out thanks to its unique concept of being a high-end audio store with an equally high-end coffee bar.

Sound_Kitchen_01.jpg

The Sound Kitchen offers an excellent selection of head-fi brands such as (among others), Campfire, 64 Audio, FiR, Hifiman, Dan Clark, Meze, HEDD, Shanling, Lotoo, as well as (very) high-end desktop brands like Feliks, Violectric, Niimbus, Enleum and Viva.

Sound_Kitchen_06.jpg

I know the guys behind the store a little bit and had a chat before they opened their doors. The concept of the Sound Kitchen has been six years in the making. The owner Michael even travelled to Singapore to meet up with Kristy from Zeppelin & Co and see how they did things over there. He then took the concept to a new level by selecting the very best quality coffee and treats he could find. I am talking about sweets made by a 2-star Michelin chef, coffee by champion roasters and tea by someone who couldn't find a good enough cuppa in the UK (I lived there, and know how mad the Brits are about their tea).

Sound_Kitchen_04.jpg

I have not yet been able to visit the Sound Kitchen myself, but it looks like such a great place that I wanted to share it here. For head-fiers in the Netherlands it is a unique store because head-fi is not big in this country to begin with and even in the world it doesn't have an equal when it comes to the high-end experience they have set out to provide. I also think it is a location with great potential for local meets.

Sound_Kitchen_05.jpg

Sound_Kitchen_02.jpg

Sound_Kitchen_03.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #3 of 7
Very nice, thanks for sharing. I'll definitely go there and check it out. I hope they offer good discounts too.. :)

Jan 4, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #5 of 7
Jan 4, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #6 of 7
Ev'ryone is trying to get to the bar
The name of the bar
The bar is called Heaven Sound Kitchen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back