using android tablet as transport
May 4, 2024 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

magicalmouse

500+ Head-Fier
I have a kindle fire 10hd and installed foobar/wavelet (all files resampled to 48Hz in realtime by foobar) to play music.

I use mainly lossless files and a dac dongle, i am pleasantly surprised at the SQ, the soudstage is larger than through my n3pro.

Any thoughts, i did it simply to have one less electronic gadget to take away with me as I use the tablet for news/films etc.already.

May 5, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 3
I have a kindle fire 10hd and installed foobar/wavelet (all files resampled to 48Hz in realtime by foobar) to play music.

I use mainly lossless files and a dac dongle, i am pleasantly surprised at the SQ, the soudstage is larger than through my n3pro.

Any thoughts, i did it simply to have one less electronic gadget to take away with me as I use the tablet for news/films etc.already.
If you use Tidal, you might also want to consider using UAPP app for bit perfect output.

I’ve also used Hiby Player app and it’s good for playing offline files bit perfectly

May 5, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 3
Onkyo HF can upsample your file to DSD128 if yoour DAC supports it. Local files only though.

For aroound $10 USB Audio Player Pro w/ bitperfect is a notch up from Hiby. Especially if you do streaming. However its local and network file support is top notch too. But its in USB attached DAC is where it truly shines. One of the original music players supporting USB DAC and bypasing the Android sound mixer back in 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back