Violectric V222 and V202
May 15, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #1,891 of 1,905
No DACs for now
I was told that there might be a DAC for 2025. I hope that this rings true because I feel like the Violectric Is missing a key component for their consumers in their lineup.

We have no option but to shop elsewhere for a DAC. Unless you feel like you can't contribute a decent sounding one or that you just don't feel comfortable making one. Maybe you don't feel like you would sell enough of these to justify putting one in your product lineup. I am unsure of what the business decision would be behind it and that is your business. It does seem like a lost opportunity, however. Especially when people are saying to take their money and just give us one.

May 18, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #1,894 of 1,905
how does it match the v222 with lcd x?
I have an extra LCD-X that I'm selling on eBay if you're interested. It's one of my favorite pairings headphones.

May 18, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #1,896 of 1,905
better than 660s2?
Not even in the same category my friend. LCD-X and HD800 S two of my favorite headphones and I sell a lot of them.

If they are not in budget then LCD-2, HD600 and HD650.

If your really tight for cash maybe a 6XX.

Those are my can't go wrong headphones. Well there are others I will suggest, but I don't want to over confuse you with too many models. Just really depends on your budget of course.

May 21, 2024 at 11:02 PM Post #1,898 of 1,905
Thank you very much for writing such a detailed review of your experience. I know the effort that goes into it and sometimes it takes a while to do because it's a lot harder than people think. We appreciate you.

I have a wish. I don't know who or why but the people at Chord need to be told that their products look like junk. For such quality components and the level of effort that goes into them, it's truly sad that they look like they do. I'm not a super vain person. I have no problem with using just Schiit product and to some people 's. Violectric is very industrial and maybe boring. Some people might like super flashy but I don't care for that either. But these chord products remind me of a '90s child's toy. I remember when I first saw them I said What! Anyways, I doubt that there's going to be any change just based on my complaint but their products are definitely worthy of a better styling and they will never be in my stacks because of the looks.
I hear you on that… The Qutest is a little more inoffensive than most, but it’s almost like they are testing people to see if they really care about sound quality enough to put up with the looks :beyersmile:

May 21, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #1,899 of 1,905
someone use v222 with dac mojo 2? how sounds?
Sounds excellent. It’s a strong combo. I think the Qutest is slightly better, but not by very much, and the Mojo2 is nice because it’s portable… With that said, the Mojo 2 is pretty great on its own if you don’t need a huge amount of power for the cans you’re trying to drive…

May 21, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #1,900 of 1,905
That was back when I was with Etymotic and Westone Audio. Over the years, one of the combos we used was Chord DACS and Violectric Amps. We often paired the Qutest with the 226 (although we could've used the 222) and the TT2 with the Nimbus or 590. It was way more power than IEMs needed, but I always felt it was a nice combo for showing off the product.
Listening to the V222 right now with the Qutest and my freshly patched-up Atrium. The repair looks fantastic, and they sound as great as ever! I appreciate you guys taking good care of them for me. So glad I stumbled into this combo - you’re right that it really makes the Atriums shine - it’s making the tubes super jealous…

May 23, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #1,901 of 1,905
Hello guys!
Currently I have this set-up: Fiio Q7 as a DAC+AMP, dt 1770 pro and Kennerton Heartland planar - headphones.
I am thinking about buying standalone amplifier. Most probably - going to buy one of Violectric, HPA one - without DAC. And later(in ~2 months after buying of amp) going to buy standalone DAC.
My question is - is Fiio Q7 will be okay as DAC for the first time? I see in settings that it has Line Out/Power Out for both SE and Balance outputs, and Fixed/Adjustable LineOut volume mods - so it should be possible, I believe, to use it as DAC only.
Maybe someone had such experience with Violectric HPA and Fiio Q7?

And other question - how good are DHA amplifiers with inner DACs? I personally like the idea to have separate devices, but maybe DHA amps have great DACs "on the borad" and it makes sense to buy DHA instead of HPA?

May 23, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #1,903 of 1,905
The V380 thread is pretty dead so I am posting it here.
I have upgraded all op-amps to Burson discrete. Four V6 Vivid single op-amps in the preamp stage of the headphone amplifier and two V7 Vivid duals in the input stage.
Great improvement in timbre and overall realism. Textures are fuller but I think that transients became a little slower.
IMG_20240502_144747-wm-39688.09999999404_watermarked.jpg
That looks awesome - are the OP-Amps pluggable or do they have to be soldered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back