What are the best iems for watching movies in 2024?
May 5, 2024 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JonIrenicus

New Head-Fier
Buying a low latency bluetooth transmitter with aptx adaptive to send low latency bluetooth audio to some wireless iems, but I need to figure out which iems would sound the best for movie watching?

Some combination of clear vocals, decent base for explosions as they may arise, good sound separation, and if possible, some potential compatibility for surround sound / spatial audio if that is ever sendable.

May 5, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #2 of 5
Sennheiser Momentum 3 are my favorite for movies. Well tuned and bass is just right for explosions without being too much, or artificial sounding like the Sony ones.
Moondrop makes a wireless .78mm kit that clip on to make any .78mm IEM wireless, then lots of options are open.
They're fast enough for gaming as well.

May 7, 2024 at 8:52 AM Post #3 of 5
I like 1DD and 1BA drivers for movies. But even my KZ Pr1 planars sound good with movies too.

May 7, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #4 of 5
Z1r. Only reason I have them.

May 7, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #5 of 5
Buying a low latency bluetooth transmitter with aptx adaptive to send low latency bluetooth audio to some wireless iems, but I need to figure out which iems would sound the best for movie watching?

Some combination of clear vocals, decent base for explosions as they may arise, good sound separation, and if possible, some potential compatibility for surround sound / spatial audio if that is ever sendable.

I've just read @NymPHONOmaniac's review of the BGVP DMA today, and there's this line that you might find relevant:

"That's something that always impresses me with BC, how it suddenly makes it super easy to track vocals and improve word spelling in whatever language. I tend to use UM Mext for movies because of this, yet it doesn’t sound as clean, fun and crisp as DMA so I don’t use it often for music (the bass issue again)."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back