ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
May 23, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #6,361 of 6,369
Speaking of pads, has anyone done measurements of the Atrium with the Caldera Ultra Perfs (both the lambskin and suede)? I'm curious how much they raise the upper mids and lower treble compared to the stock universe.
I would like to hear more general impressions of the Ultra Perforated Suede pads as well.

May 23, 2024 at 4:20 AM Post #6,362 of 6,369
Quite surprised Caldera Ultra Perf take the 3rd spot. I should try it when i get the chance
Caldera UP lambskin pads are really great with Atrium, they give Atrium more technicalities (detail, better imaging), in exchange for losing some universe mids magic.
I am curious about Auter pads, I have to try them (was recommended to me more times).
Speaking of pads, has anyone done measurements of the Atrium with the Caldera Ultra Perfs (both the lambskin and suede)? I'm curious how much they raise the upper mids and lower treble compared to the stock universe.
I am not able to measure them, but I think Caldera UP lambskin pads lower the upper mids and raise the treble, so it is more neutral in comparsion with universe pads.
Anybody have experience with suede?

I have to say in the poll there should also be BE2 suede perf pads - prefered by DMS, its quite good!

May 23, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #6,363 of 6,369

i have seen some official measurements of the different headphones and i think with different pads aswell on the ZMF Measurements page.
but sadly my browser currently blocks that part of the website and i don't know why :') (adblock disabled)

https://www.zmfheadphones.com/measurements

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #6,364 of 6,369
i have seen some official measurements of the different headphones and i think with different pads aswell on the ZMF Measurements page.
but sadly my browser currently blocks that part of the website and i don't know why :') (adblock disabled)

https://www.zmfheadphones.com/measurements
I can see it but Caldera UP lamb measurement is not there for Atrium.

May 23, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #6,365 of 6,369
IMG_7933.jpeg

First ZMF headphone and she is a beauty, pairs wonderfully with my other headphones.

I would like to give a big shout out on how insanely good ZMFs customer service is.

I've recently upgraded my desktop source chain and decided it's now time to purchase my first ZMF headphone. I was initially leaning towards buying the canarywood Atrium LTD. However just before pulling the trigger, I came across the above post by @awesomenatorrad and immediately fell in love with how that cocobolo pair looked. I later found out the cocobolo LTD run was in 2022 and was heartbroken :triportsad:. I tried to convince myself to just get the canarywood pair (as it also looks very beautiful), but was still hesitant as it wasn't the one I really wanted and I don't wanna have buyer's remorse down the line.

I decided to try my luck and and reached out to ZMF to see if they could do a cocobolo pair for me. I was put in contact with the production manager Katharine who did a check and to my delight there was still cocobolo left in stock and they were able to make me a pair :astonished::sob:. I have since made the purchase for a pair of cocobolo Atriums.

So really a big shout out to Katharine and the rest of the ZMF team for their wonderful customer service. They truly go the extra mile for the customer. While I haven't heard any ZMF headphones yet, this experience has already made me a customer for life 🙌🎉.

May 23, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #6,366 of 6,369
I would like to give a big shout out on how insanely good ZMFs customer service is.

I've recently upgraded my desktop source chain and decided it's now time to purchase my first ZMF headphone. I was initially leaning towards buying the canarywood Atrium LTD. However just before pulling the trigger, I came across the above post by @awesomenatorrad and immediately fell in love with how that cocobolo pair looked. I later found out the cocobolo LTD run was in 2022 and was heartbroken :triportsad:. I tried to convince myself to just get the canarywood pair (as it also looks very beautiful), but was still hesitant as it wasn't the one I really wanted and I don't wanna have buyer's remorse down the line.

I decided to try my luck and and reached out to ZMF to see if they could do a cocobolo pair for me. I was put in contact with the production manager Katharine who did a check and to my delight there was still cocobolo left in stock and they were able to make me a pair :astonished::sob:. I have since made the purchase for a pair of cocobolo Atriums.

So really a big shout out to Katharine and the rest of the ZMF team for their wonderful customer service. They truly go the extra mile for the customer. While I haven't heard any ZMF headphones yet, this experience has already made me a customer for life 🙌🎉.

ZMF support is beyond excellent! Hope you enjoy them. Canare wood is gorgeous too, but hard to beat cocobolo.

May 23, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #6,367 of 6,369
ZMF support is beyond excellent! Hope you enjoy them. Canare wood is gorgeous too, but hard to beat cocobolo.
With a Janka hardness of 2,960 lbf (14,140 N), it truly is hard to beat Cocobolo :)
African Blackwood gets there, but I don't think I've ever seen an Atrium in that species ... absolutely in love with my stabilized Maple Atrium, but one can dream

May 23, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #6,368 of 6,369
I'm sure everyone has heard this already but this live album sounds absolutely fantastic on Atrium. Meaty, huge sound. For whatever reason I don't think I've listened to this album yet with these headphones. Too much good music!

As usual Youtube compression sucks so definitely find a good source and enjoy.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #6,369 of 6,369
I'm sure everyone has heard this already but this live album sounds absolutely fantastic on Atrium. Meaty, huge sound. For whatever reason I don't think I've listened to this album yet with these headphones. Too much good music!

As usual Youtube compression sucks so definitely find a good source and enjoy.

Gave this a brief listen this morning. You are right.......good stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back