ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
May 21, 2024 at 4:26 AM Post #2,446 of 2,460
If you want to consider some beautiful headphone stands consider: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1615223173/black-hornbeam-and-padauk-headphone?ref=yr_purchases. I got this one for my Bokeh.

He also has some other color and wood options.

IMG_0370.jpeg

P.S. I think someone else on this thread originally posted this option, so my apologies if I am not giving proper attribution!
I have one now, not as nice but is working. Considering placing the headphones on the platform. Like some colleagues hier. Looking good too.

May 21, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #2,447 of 2,460
Got my Bokeh today and couldn't be happier with the medium brown color and features! Breaking them in now, but so far I'm happy without buyers remorse!

Attachments

• image_123650291.JPG
    image_123650291.JPG
    822.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #2,448 of 2,460
Got my Bokeh today and couldn't be happier with the medium brown color and features! Breaking them in now, but so far I'm happy with buyers remorse!
Killer looking pair!

May 22, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #2,451 of 2,460
Mine arrived yesterday. At first listen, I was like "oh no". I assumed the Fiio BTR7 would drive them ok. I then tried my Hiby R6 Pro DAP and they now sound pretty good. I'll burn them in a while and see how it goes. So far, I don't know if I should even try pad swapping. I'll read up on impressions, but I don't think I even needed the "tuning kit".

May 22, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #2,452 of 2,460
Mine arrived yesterday. At first listen, I was like "oh no". I assumed the Fiio BTR7 would drive them ok. I then tried my Hiby R6 Pro DAP and they now sound pretty good. I'll burn them in a while and see how it goes. So far, I don't know if I should even try pad swapping. I'll read up on impressions, but I don't think I even needed the "tuning kit".
You are having issues driving the Bokeh with the BTR7? I tried that last weekend and didn’t experience any issues that I remember, but will have to try again…

May 22, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #2,454 of 2,460
My thoughts after owning the Bokeh now for a few weeks.

Stock (perforated mesh and leather pads) these are quite mid bassy. Certainly more than any of my other headphones. With the optional tuning kit you have more pads and an unperforated mesh to combine in any way you like. I did most of my pad comparisons with the perforated mesh in place. Suede pads reduce the bass and make things more mid focused. Initially I thought this would be my preferred tuning. Hybrid pads are in between with reduced bass from full leather and more than full suede. However, with all 3 I felt like there was a slight persistent veil. I did leave this burning in between listening sessions and they probably got 40 - 50 hours total burn in before I settled. The perceived veil did seem to improve with burn in but didn't entirely lift.

I then decided to try removing the mesh entirely as the mesh seems to tame the highs. For me it was like the veil was lifted! I ended up settling on the leather pads for the bass but now nicely balanced by no mesh for increased airiness. I was specifically looking for a bassier set to add to my collection so this combo with the Bokeh fits the bill nicely. I particularly like them with more electronic styles like electronica, IDM, drum & bass etc.

IMG_20240309_113318.jpg
I may give this a try...

May 22, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #2,455 of 2,460
That may be where I end up too! [Without break-in] The stock pads had less perceived bass than my HD650 with ZMF solid pads. The bokeh with the tuning kit perforated solids now has more bass, which I what I want. I don't hear a veil, but then didn't expect the bokeh to be as detailed as say atrium. I'll try removing the mesh.

I'll add that I can easily drive Bokeh with RU7, Little Dot ii, and Singxer SA-1. I think I actually prefer them without tubes, so I'm excited to hear them with my upcoming Homage.

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #2,456 of 2,460
That may be where I end up too! [Without break-in] The stock pads had less perceived bass than my HD650 with ZMF solid pads. The bokeh with the tuning kit perforated solids now has more bass, which I what I want. I don't hear a veil, but then didn't expect the bokeh to be as detailed as say atrium. I'll try removing the mesh.

I'll add that I can easily drive Bokeh with RU7, Little Dot ii, and Singxer SA-1. I think I actually prefer them without tubes, so I'm excited to hear them with my upcoming Homage.
I listen to them exclusively with the Homage - a great pairing!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back