ZMF Spring Limiteds, CanJam NYC and Estimated Release Schedule for Caldera Closed and BOKEH Open!
May 17, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #436 of 441
That was a thing a few years ago before ZMF blew up into the behemoth that it is today. I don't think Zack & co could support that level of personal service with the volume of sales they have now. Today, you get an estimated delivery time and you just have to wait. And by "wait" I mean post here every day about how excited you are about your soon-to-arrive new toy. :wink:
I received a few emails while waiting for my Auteurs that I ordered towards the end of March and received the beginning of this month.

Order confirmation email —> “wood selected, machining starts soon” email —> “ Your ZMF is being sanded and finished” email —> order has shipped email

So 4 emails total, all about 2 weeks apart. Not sure if this is the norm for every order or if I got lucky, but I definitely appreciated the updates and I hope that’s something they continue to do.

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #437 of 441
I received a few emails while waiting for my Auteurs that I ordered towards the end of March and received the beginning of this month.

Order confirmation email —> wood selected, machining starts soon email —> being sanded and finished email —> order has shipped email

So 4 emails total, all about 2 weeks apart.
Nice! I've only ordered 2 ZMFs - one back when they did the email every step of the way thing, and once during last year's ZMF November, when one could not reasonably expect anything but a confirmation of shipping email. I love to hear that under normal circumstances there is still a back-and-forth during the production process. I recall that making my first ZMF purchase feel very personalized. :)

May 17, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #438 of 441
I know they had some of the burnt ash models ready to ship day one. In the Caldera closed thread one person posted they got their burnt ash already.

I ordered the LTD Shedua, within 45min of the sale page going live, and I don't expect an update email for at least another week to let me know what stage the order is in.
I was wrong about getting an update in a week.

I just got an email saying the blocks of wood have been selected for my CC and have begun the CNC process.

Yay!

May 17, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #439 of 441
I was wrong about getting an update in a week.

I just got an email saying the blocks of wood have been selected for my CC and have begun the CNC process.

Yay!
I just got a message that my ZMF is "being assembled". Sounds like that means CNC and sanding would have been done already for mine. This is for the Shedua as well.

This is the first message I got by the way.

May 17, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #440 of 441
I just got a message that my ZMF is "being assembled". Sounds like that means CNC and sanding would have been done already for mine. This is for the Shedua as well.

This is the first message I got by the way.
I have a feeling they are still working out some kinks in their notification system.

When I ordered my AC LTD I got the same message as today and then a day later I got an email they were shipped.

I don't expect to get a shipping message tomorrow as this is a new launch rather than an already existing model.

May 17, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #441 of 441
That was a thing a few years ago before ZMF blew up into the behemoth that it is today. I don't think Zack & co could support that level of personal service with the volume of sales they have now. Today, you get an estimated delivery time and you just have to wait. And by "wait" I mean post here every day about how excited you are about your soon-to-arrive new toy. :wink:
I got my update.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back