Burson Soloist 3X Grand Tourer Head Amp/Pre Amp w/Sub out - 10W XLR
May 19, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #2,282 of 2,327
My Burson unfortunately refuses to turn on now, it just suddenly lost power and the blue light will not turn on. I put all the stock opamps to be sure and it still refuses to turn on. Anyone know what I can do?

May 19, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #2,283 of 2,327
My Burson unfortunately refuses to turn on now, it just suddenly lost power and the blue light will not turn on. I put all the stock opamps to be sure and it still refuses to turn on. Anyone know what I can do?
Make sure the lid is on the right way and completely flush. It can only go on one way and if it’s not flush, the amp won’t turn on (safety feature).

May 19, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #2,284 of 2,327
make sure all the silent power modules are PERFECTLY straight up and down when putting the lid on and put it PERFECTLY straight down and they should squeeze in place with the little foam on the underside of the top cover. had it happen and about crap my pants but everything was fine.

May 19, 2024 at 12:30 AM Post #2,285 of 2,327
Make sure the lid is on the right way and completely flush. It can only go on one way and if it’s not flush, the amp won’t turn on (safety feature).
I am going to check the power modules and the lid but it did not occur after me moving it or opening it up, it goes turned itself off after some hours of listening.

May 19, 2024 at 12:34 AM Post #2,286 of 2,327
It’s the 2021 model and nothing looks particularly bad, I think it might have something to do with the power delivery.

IMG_8016.jpeg
IMG_8017.jpeg

May 19, 2024 at 2:14 AM Post #2,288 of 2,327
Nope the actual supercharger went out, that is interesting because when I used a generic power supply the blue light turned on. I have to find a supercharger 5a now.

May 19, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #2,290 of 2,327
I'd talk to Burson. They're really really helpful. I've had a couple issues with some of their stuff in the past and they just handled it no questions asked.
Thanks, do you think they would send me a new one as I was going to request for a refund for the whole amp because a supercharger 5A is not cheap.

May 19, 2024 at 3:08 AM Post #2,291 of 2,327
Thanks, do you think they would send me a new one as I was going to request for a refund for the whole amp because a supercharger 5A is not cheap.
If it's in warranty, the supercharger is covered but I had a Funk die on me out of warranty and they sent me a replacement board for free and I just slapped it in and it was fixed. I think they'd much rather just replace the supercharger than refund the amp and either way they're still not losing money.

May 19, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #2,292 of 2,327
Definitely speak to Burson. My soloist 3xGT is currently in for repair, and communications has been spotty at best. I think there's a Charles who seems to respond more frequently, but its been 2 months since my amp stopped working, and I currently don't even have an ETA for the return. It's quite frustrating. I hope you have a better experience than I do.

May 19, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #2,293 of 2,327
Definitely speak to Burson. My soloist 3xGT is currently in for repair, and communications has been spotty at best. I think there's a Charles who seems to respond more frequently, but its been 2 months since my amp stopped working, and I currently don't even have an ETA for the return. It's quite frustrating. I hope you have a better experience than I do.
Thanks, I got mine used so it seems it is best to refund it at this point. I will wait to hear back from them because it is just the supercharger, the amp has no issues, seeing if they can replace it.

May 19, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #2,294 of 2,327
Thanks, I got mine used so it seems it is best to refund it at this point. I will wait to hear back from them because it is just the supercharger, the amp has no issues, seeing if they can replace it.
Good luck! I think Burson should take care of you.

May 19, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #2,295 of 2,327
Going to run this for a bit. So far, tonality is similar to running Vivid in voltage, Classic in input, and Muzg in volume, but it’s definitely a tad warmer.

Attachments

• IMG_2563.jpeg
    IMG_2563.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back