[FiiO KA17] Mini desktop-class amp, flagship dongle is officially released!
May 18, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #721 of 747

May 20, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #723 of 747
Hey guys, I got mine yesterday and downloaded the 2.00 firmware. It works and sounds very good. I also use it as a dac into a Schiit P-Max, upsampled to 8X dsd by JRiver 32. Is there a volume setting that is close to a LO function? I read the whole thread and didn't see it mentioned.

Thanks!

May 20, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #724 of 747
Hi I have 2 questions regarding the Fiio KA17,

1. I have adjusted the EQ settings on the Fiio Control Website on my Windows laptop on Chrome browser. Does the EQ settings carry over to the Fiio Control app on my S22 Ultra, or not?

2. When i boost the EQ settings on the 1kHz to 16kHz range using Fiio Control, my IEMs begin to have some distorted/clicking sounds coming from it. Is this normal, or is this a problem with the Fiio KA17?

PS. the app seems to be really buggy. When plugged into my laptop and PEQ is on, the sound is leaning towards the right side now. At this point, there seems to be too many problems with the KA17, even on the V2.00 Firmware. 🤦‍♂️
Hi @FiiO, can you address the questions that i posted earlier? Are these actual problems with the KA17 hardware/firmware, or is there a defect with my KA17 unit?

Thanks.

May 20, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #725 of 747
Hi @FiiO, can you address the questions that i posted earlier? Are these actual problems with the KA17 hardware/firmware, or is there a defect with my KA17 unit?

Thanks.
Head-Fi isn’t a support forum (it is more of a social media platform - think facebook for audio), so getting quick and relevant answers is a bit touch and go…

You might want to look at resources here: https://www.fiio.com/supports

May 20, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #726 of 747
Again, you're measuring everything with bare power. If you can't hear the difference, then I can envy your hearing, which will allow you to save money and buy any DAC for 5-10 $.
I have to suffer and buy an expensive, but one of the best DACs in sound
Correct I can't hear any major difference even when A/B testing as had both devices in my hand and I'd be surprised if you could as well if you were honest with yourself. But I'm sure I could find a cookie for you to reward your incredible hearing.

May 20, 2024 at 11:44 PM Post #727 of 747

Thanks.
Dear friend,
Hi,
1. Yes.
2. Did you adjust the whole gain for the certain frequency? And did you adjust the EQ via the website? Currently, adjusting EQ via website link will have dada sound.
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 21, 2024 at 12:37 AM Post #728 of 747
Hey guys, I got mine yesterday and downloaded the 2.00 firmware. It works and sounds very good. I also use it as a dac into a Schiit P-Max, upsampled to 8X dsd by JRiver 32. Is there a volume setting that is close to a LO function? I read the whole thread and didn't see it mentioned.

Thanks
@FiiO

May 21, 2024 at 3:16 AM Post #729 of 747
Dear friend,
Hi,
1. Yes.
2. Did you adjust the whole gain for the certain frequency? And did you adjust the EQ via the website? Currently, adjusting EQ via website link will have dada sound.
Best regards
Hi @FiiO ,

I used the Fiio control website link to adjust the EQ, and I'm experiencing distorted sounds.

This is my EQ settings, for reference,
30kHz: -5.5
43kHz: -5.0
92kHz: -1.0
1600kHz: 1.2
3000kHz: 1.2
4000kHz: 2.0
9500kHz: 1.6
11500kHz: 2.5
13000kHz: 4.0
14250kHz: 4.0

Also, when using V2.00 firmware, with KA17 plugged into my laptop, at max volume, there is no sound coming from the left side, only on the right side.

May 21, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #730 of 747
Dear friend,
Hi,
1. Yes.
Best regards
In the next update, the option to deactivate the filters could be included, in the equalizer there is this option, in the filters we are forced to use it even though we think they are all very bad

May 22, 2024 at 2:34 AM Post #731 of 747
In the next update, the option to deactivate the filters could be included, in the equalizer there is this option, in the filters we are forced to use it even though we think they are all very bad
If you referring to the digital filters (Minimal Phase, Fast, Slow, etc) - those can't be disabled. They are part of the ESS DAC chips internal oversampling process for decoding digital signal to analog sound. You can only pick which to use, but there is no option to bypass it.

May 24, 2024 at 12:28 AM Post #733 of 747
Very much enjoying my KA17 with all my in ear monitors. It provides a substantial boost to my re2000 in terms of how well they are driven compared to my V60. The Fiio's THX amplification is FAR superior giving the bass some more powahhhh.

@FiiO A 5000mah power bank from Fiio especially suited to the ka17 would be amazing (taking the leather case into account also). My Anker 5000mhz Nano (their smallest) is quite bulky in comparison.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 1:34 AM Post #735 of 747
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back