Schiit Lyr+ : Impressions Thread
May 21, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #1,351 of 1,355
I’ve had the Lyr+ for a little over a week and I’m really loving it. No problems so far, about to buy a new tube for it. The stock Tung sol isn’t bad, but not very tubey sounding very neutral
From what I've gathered hybrid tube amps won't sound very tubey. That said I put the Psvane CV181-T mk.ii and really enjoy it

May 22, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #1,352 of 1,355
I’ve had the Lyr+ for a little over a week and I’m really loving it. No problems so far, about to buy a new tube for it. The stock Tung sol isn’t bad, but not very tubey sounding very neutral
... you will get more 'tubeyness' with an RCA 6SN7. Just know that as a hybrid VT / SS headphone amplifier, Lyr+ has a limit to the 'tubeyness' presented to the listener.

Yes agree with the "hybrid" aspect, so it will always be half solid state sounding, that being said, the stock JJ tube and stock Tung Sol tube are pretty neutral.

So yes getting some NOS tube will help. :relaxed:

May 22, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #1,353 of 1,355
Quick question, hoping to save a little time from searching through this topic - where's a good source for the Psvane tubes? Thanks, all!

May 22, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #1,355 of 1,355
Quick question, hoping to save a little time from searching through this topic - where's a good source for the Psvane tubes? Thanks, all!
I ordered mine from Viva tubes
I’ve heard a lot about that tube, how would you compare it to the stock Tung sol?
I never got to hear the stock tung sol. I bought a Psvane UK6SN7 and upgraded to the CV-181 which is certainly worth the price over the UK. Bit of warmth, detailed but not too bright. Spacious, holographic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back