Singxer SA-1 / Balanced Amplifier Fully Discrete Class A - beyond THX 888 ?!
May 18, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #2,581 of 2,587
I probably mentioned this previously but i do think the SA1 sounds tighter with a bit more focus and detail when left on.
Even a few hours after being initially turned on it is still not at its best. Of course its a subtle change but noticeable especially on a more relaxed sounding headphone such as the ndh30.
Have done this many times with the same observations.
I generally leave mine on throughout the day, and only turn it off overnight. I can’t tell much difference between morning and night (when it’s been on for 12+ hours), but I definitely enjoy my evening listening more than morning. Could be a subtle difference that only registers subconsciously.

May 19, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #2,582 of 2,587
I probably mentioned this previously but i do think the SA1 sounds tighter with a bit more focus and detail when left on.
Even a few hours after being initially turned on it is still not at its best. Of course its a subtle change but noticeable especially on a more relaxed sounding headphone such as the ndh30.
Have done this many times with the same observations.
mine has been on for a few years not really noticing any difference these days although would have to turn it off to hear, which would interrupt the burn in

May 19, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #2,583 of 2,587
Unfortunately, in my case...can't turn it on when I'm not using it. My case is when I listen to music, it'll be like less than an hour...rarely more than 1 hour and when I stopped listening, all audio gears are off. I do enjoy the SA1 at normal gain and currently pairing it with the Gustard P26 (preamp)

May 19, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #2,584 of 2,587
Unfortunately, in my case...can't turn it on when I'm not using it. My case is when I listen to music, it'll be like less than an hour...rarely more than 1 hour and when I stopped listening, all audio gears are off. I do enjoy the SA1 at normal gain and currently pairing it with the Gustard P26 (preamp)
I wouldn't worry about it at all. Even though this amp is marketed as a "Class A" amplifier, it's actually Class AB and very likely works exactly the same cold as it does after it's been warmed up. Mine certainly never gets so much as warm to the touch--let alone hot--even after it's been on all day (and, as I said above, it's on all day long every day). In other words, there's no temperature advantage to leaving it on, which means there's also no sound quality advantage to leaving it on.

May 20, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #2,585 of 2,587
My michi m8s don't seem to suffer from being powered on and off by the kids in the lounge when they want to watch Netflix or something and I think they are class AB. As raif71 said nothing to worry about, I was sort of not being too anal about the burn in. In fact I might be wrong /alone on this, but after a few years surely my ears would have changed in what they can hear?

May 20, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #2,586 of 2,587
I tend to turn mine off from the front as it gets pretty toasty when I have left it on for 2-3 hrs not being used. I suspect not enough ventilation around mine if others do not get hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back