The discovery thread!
May 6, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #100,606 of 102,072
May 6, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #100,607 of 102,072
The Celest Relentless is a 6 BA + 1 DD hybrid.
In case you are wondering, the term "Relentless" does not refer to a certain brand starting with K that relentlessly pushes out IEMs weekly.
Kinera lost my interest, with their incessant production of new lines. At times, the steam doesn't have the chance to cool of off one pile, before the next dookey is dropped. So pardon my ignorance, when I ask: Is Celest now a standalone subsidiary/"economic" line, like how Jade Audio is to FiiO ?
At Can Jam Singapore, the rep was saying this Relentless is around $100 - 200 USD. Final pricing and release date TBC though.

If it is truly at $100ish USD at release, I think that it will be very competitive in this bracket.
I trust your assessment on the playback and will probably buy, if the Relentless is in the $200 ballpark.

May 6, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #100,608 of 102,072
Kinera lost my interest, with their incessant production of new lines. At times, the steam doesn't have the chance to cool of off one pile, before the next dookey is dropped. So pardon my ignorance, when I ask: Is Celest now a standalone subsidiary/"economic" line, like how Jade Audio is to FiiO ?

I trust your assessment on the playback and will probably buy, if the Relentless is in the $200 ballpark.

Actually Kinera has 2 other sister companies:
1) Celest - yes this seems to be a budget sub-brand compared to the more pricey Kinera offerings. Interestingly, most of the Celest gear are tuned darkish in the treble, except for this Relentless which is a bright V-shaped (Relentless might be a tinge fatiguing for treble-sensitive folk here).

2) Queen Of Audio - seems to be catered to the female audiophile population? A lot of their gear are very beautiful and the designs are kind of colourful or feminine in looks. I've seen pink and purplish shells, which personally I won't wear outdoors haha.

Kinera actually doesn't release gear much as the other brand starting with K haha. That brand releases spam every week literally!

Bros, not sure when my CCA Hydro video will launch, cause I got baby momma drama other reviews to do, but it's easily as good as many 300 dollar products that I've heard. But suffice it to say it's mindbendingly awesome for the price and gets a full recommendation. I was listening to it, just losing myself in the music, not many iems can do that for me. Like, if you are at a show and someone has one to let you listen to it. I'd recommend it very highly. It's just stupid wonderful. I will say this... any positive talk to that iem is warranted. It deserves it. It's a remarkable product. Great fit, great cable. Not only one of the best CCA products it is easily on par with many 1000 dollar iems, it is very very good.

Speaking about the other brand starting with K, and their sister company CCA.

Their rep and boss will be very pleased that this IEM can compete with $1000 IEMs, as per their usual marketing spiel. (Cough cough Kril*) Haha but jokes aside, look forward to your review.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 7:49 AM Post #100,609 of 102,072
Hello Friends,

What gear so far in 2024 has interested you guys the most?? I have created this video today where I discuss about the ones that I personally liked so far. i hope you guys watch the video, but for my friends who are not interested here are the names I mentioned in the video.

1. Kefine Delci
2. Artti R1 and T10
3. Letshuoer Cadenza4
4. Elysian Pilgrim
5. Cayin N3 Ultra

Thank you!!

May 6, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #100,610 of 102,072
What gear so far in 2024 has interested you guys the most??

1. Simgot EA1000. This IEM took me by surprise with its staging and bass texture.
  2. Elysian Pilgrim. Better than I expected, particularly in the tuning department.
  3. AFUL Snowy Night: singlehandedly revives my interest in dongle form factor. Also shout out to W4.
  4. The mythical AFUL Cantor. It’s meme for me at this point. But fingercrossed that they will meet the expectation.
This year I want to try more IEMs with odd driver topology.

Edit: I expect the AFUL Explorer would pull another surprise like the Magic One.

May 6, 2024 at 8:05 AM Post #100,611 of 102,072
  1. Simgot EA1000. This IEM took me by surprise with its staging and bass texture.
  2. Elysian Pilgrim. Better than I expected, particularly in the tuning department.
  3. AFUL Snowy Night: singlehandedly revives my interest in dongle form factor. Also shout out to W4.
  4. The mythical AFUL Cantor. It’s meme for me at this point. But fingercrossed that they will meet the expectation.
This year I want to try more IEMs with odd driver topology.

Edit: I expect the AFUL Explorer would pull another surprise like the Magic One.
haha EA1000 I also love but that one came out late last year. All others I also Agree, Cantor needs a bit more refinement. I am fingers crossed for that one. AFUL Exploreer hmmmm let's see, I am also excited for the DaVinci to come out.

May 6, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #100,612 of 102,072
  • HIBY R8 II - lost interest in new DAPs after.
  • Letshuoer Cadenza4 - suprisingly well tuned and ergonomic set
  • 634ears new flagships - still not here and I'm waiting every day for it to finish and get tracking 😁
  • AüR Audio Aehta - also not here yet, waited for a long time and is shipped out today.
  • Denafrips Ares 12th-1 - this model is not new this year, but new for me and my desktop setup. Didn't expect a R2R DAC to elevate my music listening, but it clearly gave me the analog sound I was missing on desktop and speaker setup.
  • FranQL Nexus - metal earbud from my hermano. Lovely timbre and resolving sound.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #100,614 of 102,072
  • HIBY R8 II - lost interest in new DAPs after.
  • Letshuoer Cadenza4 - suprisingly well tuned and ergonomic set
  • 634ears new flagships - still not here and I'm waiting every day for it to finish and get tracking 😁
  • AüR Audio Aehta - also not here yet, waited for a long time and is shipped out today.
  • Denafrips Ares 12th-1 - this model is not new this year, but new for me and my desktop setup. Didn't expect a R2R DAC to elevate my music listening, but it clearly gave me the analog sound I was missing on desktop and speaker setup.
  • FranQL Nexus - metal earbud from my hermano. Lovely timbre and resolving sound.
Man, this R8ii will get me to sell my kidney. C4 also in my list haha. 634 hmmmmm I want to try them. AuR Audio i don't think i can get my hands on one :frowning2: Earbuds I am kind of avoiding and also out of the desktop game so Ares is not going to be here :frowning2:

May 6, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #100,615 of 102,072
For me it has to be
1. Penon voltage
2. Alpha omega Ra
3. Sivga nightingale
4. iBasso dx180
5. Sound tiger sinfonia
What is DX180 :/ Is it something new coming out? Alpha Omega Ra <3 Clement is a genius with that brilliant IEM, I will save up and see if i can get one for myself. Penon Voltage I might get to hear in the next few days, let's see.

May 6, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #100,616 of 102,072
Yup!

BE82B11F-3915-4829-A262-9A9FEF8116BA.jpeg

Btw, these TRI Clarion tips are great. Nice fit and sound with both pilgrim and ea1000. I think I have a great seal because midbass sounds thicker with both IEMs.

Edit: @fidgeraldo I can’t quite understand your sentence about Elysian 😅 anyhow, from personal experience, I know some people literally hate this brand and a few others because of their price. You know, claiming they are scam and all that sorts of thing. With that mindset, no way an IEM can sound good to them.

My main gripe with the Pilgrim is that it was kept at $400 as it was touted to be for the masses. Having emphasized on that they should have gone with a regular cable with 2 pin connectors that the masses already possess instead of the the usual Elysian connector.

May 6, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #100,617 of 102,072
What is DX180 :/ Is it something new coming out? Alpha Omega Ra <3 Clement is a genius with that brilliant IEM, I will save up and see if i can get one for myself. Penon Voltage I might get to hear in the next few days, let's see.
1714999067436.png

May 6, 2024 at 8:42 AM Post #100,618 of 102,072
Hello Friends,

1) Miroak-ii from 634 ears. Terrific.
2) Waiting for Leonardfd's impressions on the new 634ears once he acquires it; think I shall bite depending on his review. It has replaced the Cantor in my mind.
3) Awaiting release of Aful Explorer (will decide between that and KZ Hydro, based on reviews)
4) HibyM300 dap, warm nifty lil thing that has helped me cut off mindless phone usage
5) CCA Trio: analogue cheapie that has been best value for money for me in this hobby thus far

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #100,620 of 102,072
Woah, iBasso is upping their game man. I recently sold my 260 to grab the 320 ahead. this one is more on the budget focused side it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back