ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
May 16, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #2,431 of 2,489
I was considering the Caldera lambskin thick for my Bokeh. But they are perforated. Is that bad for the Bokeh?
I can try that after work tonight. I have both the pads and Bokeh :) I actually tried all the Bokeh pads on the AC and CC last night, but didn't want to introduce the Bokeh headphones into the comparison. Exterior perforations should be ok with the Bokeh, just not interior perforations.

May 16, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #2,432 of 2,489
That's just my impressions. The Bokeh has deeper bass and is more lively than the Atticus to my ears. Especially on my Feliks Echo Mk2 tube amp.
I'm not doubting you, but only the AC has bigger bass than the Atticus in my experience. I recently received the Bokeh and I was expecting bigger bass than it has, so it's a bit odd that you're perceiving it as vice/versa.

May 16, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #2,433 of 2,489
I'm not doubting you, but only the AC has bigger bass than the Atticus in my experience. I recently received the Bokeh and I was expecting bigger bass than it has, so it's a bit odd that you're perceiving it as vice/versa.

Well I'm not sure what the issue would be then. Just seems to me that the Bokeh is more full sounding than the Atticus. Especially on tubes.

May 16, 2024 at 11:03 PM Post #2,434 of 2,489
Well I'm not sure what the issue would be then. Just seems to me that the Bokeh is more full sounding than the Atticus. Especially on tubes.
Are the suede pads perforated? That could make the Atticus sound very thin. Or a myriad of other oddities.

Definitely send them in for a quick check up if desired and we will make sure we get them to spec. Atticus is a very warm headphones for sure.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 17, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #2,435 of 2,489
Just got these in! Great timing as i’m getting ready to travel. These and my iBasso stack will be joining me in my travels. Haven’t listen to it yet, still burning in the Auteur and Caldera.

IMG_4797.jpeg

edit: ok, I lied, I had to get a couple of songs in. I’m liking it so far listening to The Beatles.

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #2,436 of 2,489
Just got these in! Great timing as i’m getting ready to travel. These and my iBasso stack will be joining me in my travels. Haven’t listen to it yet, still burning in the Auteur and Caldera.

edit: ok, I lied, I had to get a couple of songs in. I’m liking it so far listening to The Beatles.
Ibasso stack with Bokeh will be awesome. You will have bass impact that will be second to none.
I'm using PB5 with my Walkman

May 18, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #2,437 of 2,489

IMG_4797.jpeg

Great looking pair you got there!

May 18, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #2,438 of 2,489
This song on the Bokeh, oh my...

In an attempt to show the difference between my Bokeh and Auteur Classic, if there is a song the Bokeh can sing to Auteur Classic, this is the song. 😎

Image 5-18-24 at 5.31 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #2,439 of 2,489
This song on the Bokeh, oh my...

In an attempt to show the difference between my Bokeh and Auteur Classic, if there is a song the Bokeh can sing to Auteur Classic, this is the song. 😎

Image 5-18-24 at 5.31 PM.jpeg

That whole album is very solid

May 20, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #2,441 of 2,489
Nice, really nice.:thumbsup:
Not just the headphones, just noticed the stand. Hm, hm, hm yammie.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #2,442 of 2,489
Nice, really nice.:thumbsup:
Not just the headphones, just noticed the stand. Hm, hm, hm yammie.
Those headphone stands are great, but have been discontinued for a while now sadly. I do have eyes on maybe a stabilized Salire, or a mega Salire (or both) depending on what ZMF brings to CanJam London though. In the meantime, you could also just use the case as a makeshift stand lol:

IMG_3063.jpg

May 20, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #2,443 of 2,489
:relaxed: no, no, the case is not a stand.
Indeed they are very nice. The white color is as well a good choice, although i noticed the stand after i posted the comment. Almost invisible. Or i am getting blind :beyersmile:
I am waiting for the AC LTD 2024, but wil not use the case. Strictly for home usage only.

May 20, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #2,444 of 2,489

Users who are viewing this thread

Back