Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
May 16, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #4,036 of 4,089
Why does the music itself always start playing when I plug in an IEM?
This function cannot be turned off at all. :rage:

May 16, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #4,039 of 4,089
May 16, 2024 at 11:28 PM Post #4,040 of 4,089
Maybe the SP3000 just isn't for you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

May 17, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #4,043 of 4,089
Music doesn’t start playing on mine when I plug in an IEM. It starts when I press the play button. Maybe you’re a fake person sent here by the gods of annoyance?

May 17, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #4,044 of 4,089
I've had my SP3000 four weeks now replacing my SP2000. I love it. I find it a bit bulky but that's my only complaint. The new interface is a big improvement. I find the sound just as detailed as the old model, but with a better sense of the music hanging together. My feet tap more with the new model.
It's also worth noting that I am using InEar's PMXs with a SIN Audio cable. This is a magical combination with the SP3000. I really didn't expect it to be so good. The PMXs have a wooden shell which adds just a little warmth and body to the sound, which makes vocals really stand out. These are €2k IEMs and I was expecting to have to spend a further €4k on IEMs such as Odin, Raven, etc. but now I'm not so sure I need to do so. The SP3000/PMX combination is so musical I recommend it for those who don't have a huge budget.

May 17, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #4,045 of 4,089
I've had my SP3000 four weeks now replacing my SP2000. I love it. I find it a bit bulky but that's my only complaint. The new interface is a big improvement. I find the sound just as detailed as the old model, but with a better sense of the music hanging together. My feet tap more with the new model.
It's also worth noting that I am using InEar's PMXs with a SIN Audio cable. This is a magical combination with the SP3000. I really didn't expect it to be so good. The PMXs have a wooden shell which adds just a little warmth and body to the sound, which makes vocals really stand out. These are €2k IEMs and I was expecting to have to spend a further €4k on IEMs such as Odin, Raven, etc. but now I'm not so sure I need to do so. The SP3000/PMX combination is so musical I recommend it for those who don't have a huge budget.
In your opinion, which dap has the best low frequency extension, sp2k or sp3k?
I’m talking about how low the bass can go, not about the quantity of it.

May 17, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #4,047 of 4,089
Music doesn’t start playing on mine when I plug in an IEM. It starts when I press the play button. Maybe you’re a fake person sent here by the gods of annoyance?

I bought it new,so I don't know what the problem is with this amazing-playing DAP. :frowning2:
I considered returning it to the seller, but nothing that plays better is sold in this country even at an extra cost. :neutral_face:

May 17, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #4,048 of 4,089
Another small issue with the SP3000. :thinking:
The display lights up when charging. :scream:
Why?
You seem to have a lot of issues I have not had with mine.

May 17, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #4,049 of 4,089
I bought it new,so I don't know what the problem is with this amazing-playing DAP. :frowning2:
I considered returning it to the seller, but nothing that plays better is sold in this country even at an extra cost. :neutral_face:
Could you have a faulty unit or perhaps it needs a hard reset?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back