Elysian Pilgrim
May 15, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #211 of 437
And the Pilgrim have arrived. Quick first impressions. The shell is so much nicer than the prototype at CanJam - they really made the 'layering' on the shell look so much nicer and feel much nicer. They look lovely. I was worried about that.

Now to put them through their paces with a variety of music and feel the sound. And tomorrow the DC Elite gets here but I think the Go Blu and the RU7 are also perfect for these IEM's.

May 15, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #212 of 437
And the Pilgrim have arrived. Quick first impressions. The shell is so much nicer than the prototype at CanJam - they really made the 'layering' on the shell look so much nicer and feel much nicer. They look lovely. I was worried about that.

Now to put them through their paces with a variety of music and feel the sound. And tomorrow the DC Elite gets here but I think the Go Blu and the RU7 are also perfect for these IEM's.
Look forward to your impressions

May 15, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #213 of 437
Sub'd to thread - Noire Order is in!

May 15, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #214 of 437
Sub'd to thread - Noire Order is in!
I suspect the Noir is going to knock either the Xelento or the Bonneville out of current rotation. Thanks for the all the great comments here and creating all the anticipation!

May 15, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #215 of 437
Pilgrim and Noire onto the way to me for the California tour this week :)

Other units will be on there way to my usual receivers to kick things off soon too.

May 15, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #216 of 437
Been listening to these for a few hours now. At home for an hour. Then took them on my little mass transit trip to a date in the West Village - photo at the bar - and listening to them back at home again.

Tip rolled at home at first. The treble was just a smidge more present than I remembered it from CanJam NYC, so after trying five sets of tips to find a slightly better balance, the Dunu S&S or the Penon Liquer Orange really hit home and I've been rolling with them happily. Will tip roll more but these are an excellent pairing.

Listening to quite a variety of music with these from Indie Rock like Borns and Young the Giant to some jazzy tunes like Medeski, Martin & Wood, to beat driven Indie Pop from a smorgasbord of artists, these really sing with all of them. Haven't gotten to the '90's rock yet or some classic rock. I use the bass boost on the Go Blu for some tracks, it really adds a nice controlled bit of low end to these. Overall these are excellent all rounders to me. A very cohesive and balanced sound overall across all frequencies - dynamic and a nice and punchy bass. I do find the mids quite nice on various male vocals. The treble is crisp and present without going over the edge, at least with the tips I mentioned.

Will keep listening and see how they sound as the honeymoon period wears off. For now I like these better than the Bonneville. I did have a honeymoon period with the Bonneville, but there were some quirks in the mids and treble that reared their head too often. Of course that may happen with the Pilgrim after multiple more hours with them.

EDIT: But have to add, at $399, this should change the game a bit. 5K+ IEM? They should do your laundry, load the dishwasher, and walk the dog comparatively speaking. I have a feeling some other high end brand IEM makers may be sending someone to put a dead horse's head in Lee's bed - bro, you can't do this, we gotta keep fleecing the masses.

PXL_20240516_003308766.NIGHT-EDIT (1) (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 12:57 AM Post #217 of 437
Pilgrim and Noire onto the way to me for the California tour this week :)

Other units will be on there way to my usual receivers to kick things off soon too.
I love my Pilgrims. Even more excited to hear the Noir for the first time! :beerchug:

May 16, 2024 at 6:06 AM Post #218 of 437
May 16, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #219 of 437
For anyone in the UK, Elise Audio now has the pilgrim available for pre-order at £369:

https://eliseaudio.com/products/elysian-acoustic-labs-pilgrim?_pos=1&_psq=pil&_ss=e&_v=1.0

If you haven't dealt with Elise Audio before, Ahmed at Elise is a true gentleman to deal with and is an audiophile like the rest of us first and foremost and there service is always 1st class.
+1 Elise Audio is first class! Made a lot of purchases there last year and it’s always been a pleasure.

Ahmed and Zellous are great people.

May 16, 2024 at 6:34 AM Post #220 of 437
Been listening to these for a few hours now. At home for an hour. Then took them on my little mass transit trip to a date in the West Village - photo at the bar - and listening to them back at home again.

Tip rolled at home at first. The treble was just a smidge more present than I remembered it from CanJam NYC, so after trying five sets of tips to find a slightly better balance, the Dunu S&S or the Penon Liquer Orange really hit home and I've been rolling with them happily. Will tip roll more but these are an excellent pairing.

Listening to quite a variety of music with these from Indie Rock like Borns and Young the Giant to some jazzy tunes like Medeski, Martin & Wood, to beat driven Indie Pop from a smorgasbord of artists, these really sing with all of them. Haven't gotten to the '90's rock yet or some classic rock. I use the bass boost on the Go Blu for some tracks, it really adds a nice controlled bit of low end to these. Overall these are excellent all rounders to me. A very cohesive and balanced sound overall across all frequencies - dynamic and a nice and punchy bass. I do find the mids quite nice on various male vocals. The treble is crisp and present without going over the edge, at least with the tips I mentioned.

Will keep listening and see how they sound as the honeymoon period wears off. For now I like these better than the Bonneville. I did have a honeymoon period with the Bonneville, but there were some quirks in the mids and treble that reared their head too often. Of course that may happen with the Pilgrim after multiple more hours with them.

EDIT: But have to add, at $399, this should change the game a bit. 5K+ IEM? They should do your laundry, load the dishwasher, and walk the dog comparatively speaking. I have a feeling some other high end brand IEM makers may be sending someone to put a dead horse's head in Lee's bed - bro, you can't do this, we gotta keep fleecing the masses.

PXL_20240516_003308766.NIGHT-EDIT (1) (Medium).jpg
How do they campare to supermoon mid bass and sub bass ?

May 16, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #221 of 437
+1 Elise Audio is first class! Made a lot of purchases there last year and it’s always been a pleasure.

Ahmed and Zellous are great people.
Same, this is my third iem from Elise. Best I've ever dealt with, bar none!

Got my preorder in :gs1000smile:

May 16, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #222 of 437
That’s a fantastic deal you got there.
AE had been offering an unrestricted $50 discount coupon at the time for whatever reason,, and to my surprise it actually worked. Got the Hydro on the same day with the upgraded cable for $100 too.

The Pilgrim is just special. Haven't got a chance to pit it against the M5E, TSMR X, Canon 2 and Hydro yet. But I have a feeling it's gonna get so much burn for a good long while. Gotta dig up my sources and tips now. Velvet, Penons, S&S, Tri's, Renders etc. Sources... so far they sound VERY good on the KA17, M1P and Loxjie DO40 Pro.

Bass is different on these. Not big but incredibly effortless and correct, least with the included spinfits. Back to ore listening...

May 16, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #223 of 437
How do they campare to supermoon mid bass and sub bass ?
I did like the bass of the supermoon. I like planar bass done right. Based on memory which is a bit fuzzy I'd say they have a more similar quantity of bass than not. The planar bass is just a bit more tight sounding, not like the DD bass of the Pilgrim is loose or anything at all like that, it's the only word I can think of to characterize that sound. But I think they are similar in quantity.

Listening to the Pilgrim and Volur out of the DC Elite today and am very happy with this duo of IEM.

May 16, 2024 at 11:07 PM Post #224 of 437
Long listening sessions today. The Cayin RU7 and the Pilgrim are a fantastic pairing. The warmth of the Cayin really works well with these stainless steel bargains. Excellent sound for just under $700. The DC Elite also showcases the Pilgrim but with a bit less musicality and more technicality.

May 17, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #225 of 437
Did anybody compare Pilgrim vs Dita Project M? Which has better vocals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back