NEW HiBy R4
May 18, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #541 of 873
Er..... I have had no issues figuring everything out with the R4.
I've had an R3 and an R5, so I'm pretty au fait with the Hiby ecosystem.

But I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to correctly attach the wretched strap!

Edit - I've sorted it.
Me neither. How have you done it in the end ?

May 18, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #542 of 873
Just
Won't be an issue at all. Just connect your R4 using the headphone out (either 3.5mm or 4.4mm) to the line-in on your amp, and away you go. Quality will be more than fine. You'll be able to adjust volume with both the R4 and amp.
Arrived here... great DAP but with a big issue... overheating... after playing two/three song on my SD card... Just emailed to HiBY... I'm really disappointed and sad cause DAP seemed really amazing at all...

May 18, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #543 of 873
I’ve been debating between the R4 and M300 as my first DAP. I want to try some of the android apps and features, but I won’t be using the internal DAC or amp - usb-c out to external devices. I also don’t have much music to put on a memory card. If it’s just for Apple Music and some dongle apps, will I gain anything from the R4 over the M300? Thanks for the info, all!

May 18, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #544 of 873
Greetings
Same problem, I sent an email to hiby... mine also gets very hot, I can hold it in my hand, but it gets really, really hot... not to hurt... but very annoying to always keep in my hand in case I'm walking or somethin
g

May 18, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #545 of 873
Ok so I’ve navigated to the plugin links @Joe Bloggs sent out and now they are downloaded on to the R4 but not showing up in the available plugins. Is there another step I am missing other than just downloading them into the browser? Thanks for the help!

May 18, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #546 of 873
May 18, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #548 of 873
I’ve been debating between the R4 and M300 as my first DAP. I want to try some of the android apps and features, but I won’t be using the internal DAC or amp - usb-c out to external devices. I also don’t have much music to put on a memory card. If it’s just for Apple Music and some dongle apps, will I gain anything from the R4 over the M300? Thanks for the info, all!
Well, no, if your USB output apps support bitperfect themselves (as many do).
Ok so I’ve navigated to the plugin links @Joe Bloggs sent out and now they are downloaded on to the R4 but not showing up in the available plugins. Is there another step I am missing other than just downloading them into the browser? Thanks for the help!
Please see steps 2 and 3 in "the process". Are the plugins not showing up?

Been playing songs from the SD card for about 5 hours now and no overheating. Delighted with mine @Joe Bloggs 😎
Thank you.

And to those who do have an overheating unit... email hello@hiby.com . Let me know by dm or whatever if you encounter any issue with that.

Again:
1. They will go through a few step(s) with you to confirm the issue
2. Pending (1) they will then instruct you on sending the unit back
3a) You will receive a full refund including your shipping cost
3b) Or they will send out the replacement unit (with a bonus gift) within 1-3 days of your return parcel showing tracking updates since lodgement, and then your shipping cost will also be refunded.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 18, 2024 at 10:59 PM Post #549 of 873
They finally showed up. Coming from someone who as mostly used FIIO BTR7 I am in disbelief at the customization options and I am in a whole new world of rediscovering music and my IEM’s. With all the plugin options, MSEB and PEQ it’s simply wonderful to hear what these IEMs can truly be capable of. Happy man right now

May 19, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #550 of 873
Well, no, if your USB output apps support bitperfect themselves (as many do).

Thank you.

And to those who do have an overheating unit... email hello@hiby.com . Let me know by dm or whatever if you encounter any issue with that.

Again:
1. They will go through a few step(s) with you to confirm the issue
2. Pending (1) they will then instruct you on sending the unit back
3a) You will receive a full refund including your shipping cost
3b) Or they will send out the replacement unit (with a bonus gift) within 1-3 days of your return parcel showing tracking updates since lodgement, and then your shipping cost will also be refunded.
Standout service WOW 👌

May 19, 2024 at 3:00 AM Post #551 of 873
May 19, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #554 of 873
I've already sent an email to hiby, the overheating is real, I can hold it in my hands but it's really hot!
the charging after hours and hours and at 30%
what a shame, I trust in hiby's professionalism😊
in the end I believe that unexpected events can happen, but if the customer service is professional I still feel calm 😊

May 19, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #555 of 873
I don't recall there being downloadable preset tunings (Hot Monster, Digital, Ultra Hifi, Analog) in the MSEB when I had my R5 gen 1.

Where are these located @Joe Bloggs as the R4 finds them online instantly.
Are there plans to add more, as they're a good starting point for playing around with MSEB?

In other news, the R4 just about powers my Sundaras, albeit with high gain, balanced output and volume cranked up high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back