Symphonium Titan - Impressions and reviews
May 14, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #391 of 443
what else are you looking for that your mk3 and singularity don't do? just the big bass?
I think I'm just fomo haha, been some time eyeing Symphonium's like Crimson & Meteor, but the red color didn't resonate with me šŸ˜‚
I've scheduled to demo the Titan, maybe I will also get it šŸ¤§

May 14, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #392 of 443
I think I'm just fomo haha, been some time eyeing Symphonium's like Crimson & Meteor, but the red color didn't resonate with me šŸ˜‚
I've scheduled to demo the Titan, maybe I will also get it šŸ¤§
if you're in singapore, you can head down to zeppelin and co; they have all 3 of them. would make it really easy for you to decide which one you like sonically and/or aesthethically. having them side by side should make that choice much easier.

May 15, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #393 of 443
Titan on R4 works pretty well; especially for something that small (that isn't a dongle connected to your phone)

I don't have one yet but have tried and do intend to get one

p.s. it also works pretty well for Helios and Singularity
What are your thoughts on the Titan vs Singularity for bass-heavy genres?

May 15, 2024 at 3:07 AM Post #395 of 443
New Titan owner reporting in! Got my package yesterday and I've had a bit of time for testing and enjoying. I started with Nas - Illmatic album and the first thing that hits you is "smooth". Never heard anything as smooth (duly noted that I haven't even tried anything in this price category anyway :D). This thing is "smooth AF" as the kids say these days ( ? :ksc75smile:). I'm using this with Cayin N3Ultra with tubes out of 4,4mm (shoutout also to @EnigmaFotos who's also using this among others, I watched your Titan videos when waiting for my shipment, good stuff).

I've gone to large amounts of techno and psychedelic trance parties, raves and festivals throughout the past 20+ years but I've been kind of picky in my "home listening" of electronic genres. The Titan will probably increase my enjoyment of those in home/portable setting... I'll listen more and my feelings will be clearer then but so far I'm very impressed with the bass texture & quality. I mostly enjoy goa trance, old school rave & trance stuff, prog house and also some raw techno German & Detroit style :gs1000smile:The combination offered by Titan being smooth IEM with excellent bass texture is fascinating. These days I mostly listen at home to rock/psych/prog particularly from 60s and 70s, with mostly male vocals and it passed that George Harrison test as well so it works for me as an all-rounder IEM too.

Then I proceeded into scaling a bit with power and added my Cayin C9 and an appropriate record (Pet Shop Boys - Behaviour) and that's where the "clean" hit me in particular. Yes, clean it is. Damn, great stuff. But also fine with less power and more portability.

The accessories are pretty nice. The stock cable is light and pretty and perfects the portability as the IEM itself also feels quite light. There's a sturdy and cool metal case that I'll probably have some use for, and a pouch & ballsac. Also that eartip box is practical, I'll take it into some use... I did a bit of tip rolling with the included stuff and some of the other tips that I have and ended up with the stock premium tips, at least for now.

I don't have negative issues to point out, like I said I haven't really used anything else in the "kilobuck range" but I'm pleased that my semi-blind buy (noting that I read the comments/reviews here and impressions from Precogvision etc.) has been successful and I can concentrate in the music. One thing to point out is that the looks of the shells is nice and fits my DAP with navy blue leather case, but the gray part could have been more in line with rest of the aesthetic. But it all looks just like in the pictures so no surprises there.

Ordered straight from Symphonium / Singapore with a swift and professional experience.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #396 of 443
if you're in singapore, you can head down to zeppelin and co; they have all 3 of them. would make it really easy for you to decide which one you like sonically and/or aesthethically. having them side by side should make that choice much easier.
Got to add the Helios to the list as well.

Helios, Crimson, Titan, and Meteor are the order of my liking.

May 15, 2024 at 5:12 AM Post #397 of 443

Helios before Crimson?

81AE86E6-A3C1-4513-9E0B-A0B45C2F3C69.jpeg

May 15, 2024 at 5:13 AM Post #398 of 443

right; helios still stands strong even in this day and age

May 15, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #399 of 443
May 15, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #400 of 443
New Titan owner reporting in! Got my package yesterday and I've had a bit of time for testing and enjoying. I started with Nas - Illmatic album and the first thing that hits you is "smooth". Never heard anything as smooth (duly noted that I haven't even tried anything in this price category anyway :D). This thing is "smooth AF" as the kids say these days ( ? :ksc75smile:). I'm using this with Cayin N3Ultra with tubes out of 4,4mm (shoutout also to @EnigmaFotos who's also using this among others, I watched your Titan videos when waiting for my shipment, good stuff).

I've gone to large amounts of techno and psychedelic trance parties, raves and festivals throughout the past 20+ years but I've been kind of picky in my "home listening" of electronic genres. The Titan will probably increase my enjoyment of those in home/portable setting... I'll listen more and my feelings will be clearer then but so far I'm very impressed with the bass texture & quality. I mostly enjoy goa trance, old school rave & trance stuff, prog house and also some raw techno German & Detroit style :gs1000smile:The combination offered by Titan being smooth IEM with excellent bass texture is fascinating. These days I mostly listen at home to rock/psych/prog particularly from 60s and 70s, with mostly male vocals and it passed that George Harrison test as well so it works for me as an all-rounder IEM too.

Then I proceeded into scaling a bit with power and added my Cayin C9 and an appropriate record (Pet Shop Boys - Behaviour) and that's where the "clean" hit me in particular. Yes, clean it is. Damn, great stuff. But also fine with less power and more portability.

The accessories are pretty nice. The stock cable is light and pretty and perfects the portability as the IEM itself also feels quite light. There's a sturdy and cool metal case that I'll probably have some use for, and a pouch & ballsac. Also that eartip box is practical, I'll take it into some use... I did a bit of tip rolling with the included stuff and some of the other tips that I have and ended up with the stock premium tips, at least for now.

I don't have negative issues to point out, like I said I haven't really used anything else in the "kilobuck range" but I'm pleased that my semi-blind buy (noting that I read the comments/reviews here and impressions from Precogvision etc.) has been successful and I can concentrate in the music. One thing to point out is that the looks of the shells is nice and fits my DAP with navy blue leather case, but the gray part could have been more in line with rest of the aesthetic. But it all looks just like in the pictures so no surprises there.

Ordered straight from Symphonium / Singapore with a swift and professional experience.
Glad you like and thank you šŸ™šŸ¾ :beerchug:

May 15, 2024 at 6:14 AM Post #401 of 443
Helios before Crimson?

81AE86E6-A3C1-4513-9E0B-A0B45C2F3C69.jpeg
Oh yeah! Symphonium stuff scale with the chain. Ever since I got the alien hybrid below. The Helios has been singing. It's like the perfect Gaea.
7E01B4B2-A6ED-4CF3-B379-82F215276562.jpg

May 15, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #402 of 443

Thanks for the write up. Most of what I listen to is Berlin techno. Itā€™s so rare to hear audio reviewers talk about these genres, they just label everything under the ā€œEDMā€ umbrella. But David Guetta and Ben Klock are very different sounds.

May 15, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #403 of 443
Thanks for the write up. Most of what I listen to is Berlin techno. Itā€™s so rare to hear audio reviewers talk about these genres, they just label everything under the ā€œEDMā€ umbrella. But David Guetta and Ben Klock are very different sounds.

This playlist I enjoy a lot. The imaging, bass thump, staging, female vocals. You can use any of the Symphonium IEMs and it's a fun ride.

Except. Track 1 is something the Titan performs poorly in. The Helios stands out due to the air, the Crimson comes in a close second. The Titan does not have the resolution, and it ranges from mediocre to a blobby mess. Everything else is great.

https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/b1030fdf-3393-4e81-9c03-3a61edfdea34

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #404 of 443
Absolutely. What I used to check this IEM for techno was this Tresor Berlin compilation ripped in FLAC (especially CD2): https://www.discogs.com/release/32293-Various-True-Spirit . For more melodic and psychedelic, currently listening to Anoebis - "History of Goatrance 1995" DJ set (available as .wav from Soundcloud, I think).
I also dislike the EDM term, even if you could sort of slice it down to "Electronic Dance Music" and people have talked about dance music and electronic music and probably also about electronic dance music since the previous century. But most of the time it's quite unclear what they even mean by that and probably very much different from what I like.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #405 of 443
Later on this month, I believe I'm going to have the Crimson, Meteors AND the Titans in hand all at the same time thanks to my audio buddies in my tour group and I cannot WAIT. I think all of us have noticed that each IEM from Symphonium has a special sauce characteristic about them and they all have their own place in a persons library. I think Symph. might be the best brand at that - none of their sets are redundant. What a smart business model.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back