Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 5, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #10,531 of 10,770
I'd like to buy a planar headphone for the Mojo 2 and I'd like to know if they're easy to drive? I listened to Sundara yesterday and I liked it but I had to push the volume... I'd like something like this (easy on the ears, musical) but a bit more sophisticated in every area. How about ananda Nano, Arya Organic, HE6se V2? I loved Audeze Sine (with Cypher cable) sound signature, which was a Planar headphone too. I would appreciate to hear your experience with Planar headphones with Mojo 2.

Well, in general, the Mojo2 can handle pretty much any planar headphone except for crazy to drive headphones like the Abyss 1266 and Susvara.

I use the DCA stealth, Diana V2, and Aeon 2 Noire with excellent results.

May 5, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #10,532 of 10,770
I'd like to buy a Planar headphone for the Mojo 2 and I'd like to know which ones could be driven with ease? I listened to Sundara yesterday and I liked it but I had to push the volume... I'd like something like this (easy on the ears, musical) but a bit more sophisticated in every area. How about ananda Nano, Arya Organic, HE6se V2? I loved Audeze Sine (with Cypher cable) sound signature, which was a Planar headphone too. I would appreciate to hear your experience with Planar headphones with Mojo 2.
I really like my Empy2 with the Mojo2. Even at a loud volume, there’s plenty of headroom.

May 5, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #10,533 of 10,770
Well, in general, the Mojo2 can handle pretty much any planar headphone except for crazy to drive headphones like the Abyss 1266 and Susvara.

I use the DCA stealth, Diana V2, and Aeon 2 Noire with excellent results.
Definitely, with its voltage doubling it’s excellent with the Stealth. Boosting the sub and mid-bass through the built-in EQ I like the Stealth off the Mojo often as much as my main $10k setup with the Feliks Envy & Sonnet Morpheus DAC. Having owned both Mojos, both Hugos and the TT2 the Mojo 2 is really quite an achievement.

May 5, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #10,534 of 10,770
I'd like to buy a Planar headphone for the Mojo 2 and I'd like to know which ones could be driven with ease? I listened to Sundara yesterday and I liked it but I had to push the volume... I'd like something like this (easy on the ears, musical) but a bit more sophisticated in every area. How about ananda Nano, Arya Organic, HE6se V2? I loved Audeze Sine (with Cypher cable) sound signature, which was a Planar headphone too. I would appreciate to hear your experience with Planar headphones with Mojo 2.
Sensitivity on the Sundara is 92dB, so that's the likely culprit. Mojo 2 generally seems to do fine with planars, so I'd just keep an eye out for higher sensitivity specs than the Sundara's. I can drive the HE6se v2 with the Mojo 2, and while it gets plenty loud, it's definitely underpowered (loses bottom-end weight).

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 11:53 PM Post #10,535 of 10,770
Got a mojo 2 a few days ago, it's been brilliant with Rokit5 studio monitors, monarch mk2 and my ancient HD800. Just of the heck of it I let the eq loose on the HD800, 125 up almost all the way, a notch or two on 3k, they've never sounded better, fun even. They are officially out of storage!

I did one A/B test, Diana Krall - Like someone in love.

Was previously using a moondrop dawn pro, the mojo 2 was just on another level with the voice on that, it opened up her voice, the dawn pro sounded flat/compressed with the voice on that track. Musical bass etc. What I think I'm not crazy about it the laid back highs on cymbals and crashes, I think eq is my friend there, I does turn on the slam with even on db add at 3k. I have more listening to do.

I'd replace this mojo 2 if something happened to it. My only regret is that I wish I'd have done this earlier.

I don't know about people saying DACs don't matter after a point, RME Babyface Pro to Dawn Pro to Mojo 2. The Mojo 2 is clearly much better than the other two to my ears, no blind test etc.

Another thing I was impressed with is the build and how easy the color interface was to learn, took 20 mins to get all the features down. Pictures do not do it justice, the unit is substantial in the hand, feels solid and the case is lovely, I'm fighting the urge to put the soft side of velcro on the back, like we do on guitar pedal boards with industrial strength glue backing.

I did get a moment of white noise from my m1 mbp. I also had a notification of shutting down a usb device do to using too much power, I was watching a show on netflix at the time. I'm going to try the optital out from my RME today, I read it sounds a little better, maybe it was a q&a with Rob Watts, not sure.

edit: the optical sounded meh via my rme babyface pro, so that's settled to backwards compatibility unless i get some specific "hifi" gear with optical, I think in that case the sound will be better compared to the RME. I tried a DSD256 stream, the down sampling was just a massive downgrade, totally lifeless, this is I presume a worst case test.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #10,536 of 10,770
Got a mojo 2 a few days ago, it's been brilliant with Rokit5 studio monitors, monarch mk2 and my ancient HD800. Just of the heck of it I let the eq loose on the HD800, 125 up almost all the way, a notch or two on 3k, they've never sounded better, fun even. They are officially out of storage!

I did one A/B test, Diana Krall - Like someone in love.

Was previously using a moondrop dawn pro, the mojo 2 was just on another level with the voice on that, it opened up her voice, the dawn pro sounded flat/compressed with the voice on that track. Musical bass etc. What I think I'm not crazy about it the laid back highs on cymbals and crashes, I think eq is my friend there, I does turn on the slam with even on db add at 3k. I have more listening to do.

I'd replace this mojo 2 if something happened to it. My only regret is that I wish I'd have done this earlier.

I don't know about people saying DACs don't matter after a point, RME Babyface Pro to Dawn Pro to Mojo 2. The Mojo 2 is clearly much better than the other two to my ears, no blind test etc.

Another thing I was impressed with is the build and how easy the color interface was to learn, took 20 mins to get all the features down. Pictures do not do it justice, the unit is substantial in the hand, feels solid and the case is lovely, I'm fighting the urge to put the soft side of velcro on the back, like we do on guitar pedal boards with industrial strength glue backing.

I did get a moment of white noise from my m1 mbp. I also had a notification of shutting down a usb device do to using too much power, I was watching a show on netflix at the time. I'm going to try the optital out from my RME today, I read it sounds a little better, maybe it was a q&a with Rob Watts, not sure.

edit: the optical sounded meh via my rme babyface pro, so that's settled to backwards compatibility unless i get some specific "hifi" gear with optical, I think in that case the sound will be better compared to the RME. I tried a DSD256 stream, the down sampling was just a massive downgrade, totally lifeless, this is I presume a worst case test.
Awesome. And yeah, DACs absolutely matter. They just don't matter as much as headphones. For my needs and my gear, I see no reason to go beyond a Mojo 2. I'd likely have to spend substantially more to reap audible benefits.

May 6, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #10,537 of 10,770
How does the mojo 2 work when usb c to usb c from iPhone 15 Pro with usb c and or my usb c MBP? Any issues with software or unshielded noise problems? And when used with poly? Any more or less power vs SP3000, LPGT, etc?

May 6, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #10,538 of 10,770
How does the mojo 2 work when usb c to usb c from iPhone 15 Pro with usb c and or my usb c MBP? Any issues with software or unshielded noise problems? And when used with poly?
Can't speak to using it with a Poly, but I use my Mojo 2 regularly with an iPhone, a PC, and occasionally a MacBook Air. Each has its own quirks in terms of setup, but sound quality isn't very different from one to the other. Biggest issue for me is that if I don't turn the Mojo 2 on before connecting it to my iPhone, I get massive distortion. But sound quality with the iPhone is only a small step down from my PC setup (which uses a USB isolator). Sound quality on the MacBook Air is another small step down from using the iPhone (likely attributable to processor/power noise). Each source also uses different interconnect cables and connection types, so it's not really a fair like-for-like comparison. But overall, all three sources sound good.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #10,539 of 10,770
How does the mojo 2 work when usb c to usb c from iPhone 15 Pro with usb c and or my usb c MBP? Any issues with software or unshielded noise problems? And when used with poly? Any more or less power vs SP3000, LPGT, etc?

If you intend to use it with good, stable WiFi, the poly is second to none. Sound quality is considered one of the best combinations for the Mojo2 by many here.

May 6, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #10,541 of 10,770
Awesome. And yeah, DACs absolutely matter. They just don't matter as much as headphones. For my needs and my gear, I see no reason to go beyond a Mojo 2. I'd likely have to spend substantially more to reap audible benefits.
I agree, I think I'm good for a long time, mojo2 + mmk2 would be hard to beat without a substantial outlay. I really don't need headphones. I literally broke my ears in with the mmk2, the left one was a very tight, bruised my inner ear lobe, but I know it would heal, heal it did. And it was worth it, like old shoes now. I don't know if the current generation of kids have ever heard of a shoe bite!

May 6, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #10,542 of 10,770
Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #10,543 of 10,770
I agree, I think I'm good for a long time, mojo2 + mmk2 would be hard to beat without a substantial outlay. I really don't need headphones. I literally broke my ears in with the mmk2, the left one was a very tight, bruised my inner ear lobe, but I know it would heal, heal it did. And it was worth it, like old shoes now. I don't know if the current generation of kids have ever heard of a shoe bite!
Seriously. Kids these days. Even Doc Martens come already broken in now. Man, I remember blood for weeks before those things got soft! Those boots were (eventually) more comfortable than I'd ever imagined a boot/shoe could be. All it took was putting up with a couple weeks of pure agonizing foot torture.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #10,544 of 10,770
Seriously. Kids these days. Even Doc Martens come already broken in now. Man, I remember blood for weeks before those things got soft! Those boots were (eventually) more comfortable than I'd ever imagined a boot/shoe could be. All it took was putting up with a couple weeks of pure agonizing foot torture.
I'm not a parent but I have nieces and nephews, I think they are all too mollycoddled these days, but It's probably not my place to speak. A hard life makes for good character building, my life was a lot more brutal growing up, military school from an early age, basically thrown to the wolves, friends and stories for life, and we're all emotionally self sufficient, a tad too much maybe, no therapy required. I see most of my nieces and nephews need therapy, I don't understand why this lack of coping characteristic being encouraged. A little institutionalised brutality can go a long way.

May 6, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #10,545 of 10,770
I'm not a parent but I have nieces and nephews, I think they are all too mollycoddled these days, but It's probably not my place to speak. A hard life makes for good character building, my life was a lot more brutal growing up, military school from an early age, basically thrown to the wolves, friends and stories for life, and we're all emotionally self sufficient, a tad too much maybe, no therapy required. I see most of my nieces and nephews need therapy, I don't understand why this lack of coping characteristic being encouraged. A little institutionalised brutality can go a long way.
No. Sorry. I was being sarcastic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back