Hope this help you to explain Hi-Res music to your CD friends
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #271 of 517
I just did a test. I waited 30 seconds before I can hear the music.

May be it's related to my PC (32G, i7-13700HX, RTX4050 6G)

Screenshot 2024-05-06 231114.png

The shaper was definitely not that one. There was no "EC-Super" back then I don't remember if it was 7th or 5th order with it was last year or two that I had the chance to demo it. Then again, once music plays, there should be no delay after that unless your input has a different sample rate than before

May 6, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #272 of 517
You claim you have the skills to debunk pseudoscience, but this is an example of you engaging in it! You've just admitted you've made up this scenario of an optical illusion being a confirmation test. You yourself said the squares were a solid gray if they are rendered in the original image. Then you claimed that if the same image is scaled down, that if you say the squares are solid, you suffer from confirmation bias. It is amusing how much of a stretch you're making in trying to fit the definition with an optical illusion. As I said before, I'm trained in graphics, and know that the center column squares are solid values, but they look like gradients due to the other columns being gradients. Me knowing the answer isn't from a crowd of people suggesting my beliefs: it is me knowing what an optical illusion is and I explained how it works. The optical illusion is also the same if the image is 4000px wide or 300px.
Sorry for my poor communication skill. I cannot follow your analysis. It was my bad. Please ignore the activity. Cheers. :L3000:

May 6, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #273 of 517
Sorry for my poor communication skill. I cannot follow your analysis. It was my bad. Please ignore the activity. Cheers. :L3000:
Why won't I be surprised if you come back and ask someone else if they have confirmation bias, to then refer to the scaled down optical illusion?:beyersmile:

May 6, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #274 of 517
Why won't I be surprised if you come back and ask someone else if they have confirmation bias, to then refer to the scaled down optical illusion?:beyersmile:
Other are welcome to take part in the activity if they want. There is no obligation to do it of course. It is a free world.

Feel free not to do it if you don't feel comfortable or you don't agree what it does.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #275 of 517
BTW, he was also banned from ASR as he brought some incompatible info / facts to them. LOL.
Of course, Duh! If the so called “info/facts” are actually pseudoscience and falsehoods then how is it not obvious that is absolutely incompatible with a science discussion forum? And, if someone persists in bringing such incompatible pseudoscience/falsehoods then eventually they will of course be banned (and then they can pathetically play the victim) as you yourself also discovered. How is this not blindingly obvious, even after it happened to you as well? Do you have any answer to this question other than the obvious?
"Your calculation provided the correct result" <=== Cool, thanks for your verification. It is good that my calculation is correct but in different unit.
Now that’s funny. How on earth is it “good” if your “calculation is correct” but it gives you the WRONG answer? 5+5=10 is a correct calculation but it’s the wrong answer if the question is how many limbs do humans have! It is not just that your answer was in a different unit (which doesn’t specify a sound level), it’s that the result is wrong because it cannot not exist!
It is not a correct description. I would re-write like the following if I were you:
"I understand now, you can identify pseudo scientific claims in audio science because you have critical thinking and the knowledge …
But you do not have critical thinking or the knowledge, you’ve actually proven that YOURSELF with your own quotes! In light of your assertion, I should have written: “I understand now, you can identify pseudo scientific claims in audio science because you don’t have any expertise in audio science or the capacity for critical thinking”. Thanks for your input!
I think I have a weird background and somehow looks to me that it fits perfectly to debunk pseudo science claim.
A weird background would be an understatement! What background allows someone to promote pseudo science, falsehoods and BS and then lie that they’re doing the opposite, to claim critical thinking by not complying with their own quoted definition of it and not being subject to confirmation bias while following exactly their own quoted definition of it? A background which results in that level of delusion is so weird it’s almost unimaginable. Far more likely is a background which allows someone to be a troll or shill!!
BTW, if you were actually trained to identify pseudo science, you should demand a refund! lol
BTW, did you check if you have confirmation bias with my little test?
What you provided was not a confirmation bias test. I did check against your quoted definition of confirmation bias, I do not comply with it but you do!
I waited 30 seconds before I can hear the music.
Brilliant, not only don’t you “upgrade” anything, you pay for software not to upgrade anything and then have to wait 30 secs before you can hear the music. Ideal, where do I sign up? ROFL

G

May 6, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #276 of 517
Brilliant, not only don’t you “upgrade” anything, you pay for software not to upgrade anything and then have to wait 30 secs before you can hear the music. Ideal, where do I sign up? ROFL

G

Filter is crazy long (I think it's 16 million taps IIRC) just to have the most 89.9999 degree angle of attenuation at Nyquist so its linear phase preecho is craaazy long!

May 6, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #277 of 517
Other are welcome to take part in the activity if they want. There is no obligation to do it of course. It is a free world.

Feel free not to do it if you don't feel comfortable or you don't agree what it does.
There you go again: confusing an optical illusion (which I have described ad nauseam) with a cognitive bias test. Or now you're saying "activity" because it's been highlighted how you're making up conditions if the image is resized. Once again, the aspects of the image being an optical illusion does not change when you scale down the image size.

May 6, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #278 of 517
Filter is crazy long (I think it's 16 million taps IIRC) just to have the most 89.9999 degree angle of attenuation at Nyquist so its linear phase preecho is craaazy long!
So you get a good response to Dirac pulses which don’t exist in audio recordings! Who benefits from “not only don’t you “upgrade” anything, you pay for software not to upgrade anything and then have to wait 30 secs before you can hear the music.”?
There you go again: confusing an optical illusion (which I have described ad nauseam) with a cognitive bias test.
Yep, that’s what psychology training apparently results in. lol

G

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #279 of 517
So you get a good response to Dirac pulses which don’t exist in audio recordings! Who benefits from “not only don’t you “upgrade” anything, you pay for software not to upgrade anything and then have to wait 30 secs before you can hear the music.”?

Yep, that’s what psychology training apparently results in. lol

G
How long a person would wait in a McDonald for his burger :hamburger: vs
How long a person would wait in a Michelin 3-star restaurant for his main dish :shallow_pan_of_food: :thinking: Yummy

May 6, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #280 of 517
How long a person would wait in a McDonald for his burger :hamburger: vs
How long a person would wait in a Michelin 3-star restaurant for his main dish :shallow_pan_of_food: :thinking: Yummy

You crack me up no offense :)

May 6, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #281 of 517
It took a lot of memory too, around 10G main and 6G from GPU.

May 6, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #282 of 517
How long a person would wait in a Michelin 3-star restaurant for his main dish?
How long a person would wait in a Michelin 3-star restaurant for his main dish, if he then applied a 30 sec filter to a sauce which evaporates and therefore doesn’t even exist when he eats his meal? Yummy, lol

G

Edit: Maybe more analogous, how long would a person wait in MacDonalds for his burger and then applied a filter to effectively make it into the same Michelin 3-star burger?

Or:
How long would it take to drive a Ferrari from London to New York? vs
How long would it take a giraffe to learn to ride a bicycle?
I’m getting into this now, making up nonsense analogies that aren’t analogous is fun. I can see why @sunjam keeps doing it!

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #283 of 517
In your response to me earlier you said:

“….. Probably by now, you should know that I have Psychology background. One of the major thing I learned is to identify pseudo science …….

……. I can hear the difference between Hi-Res and CD. That's why I want to know more about Hi Res. I don't think I need someone to tell me I should hear the difference or not. From their comments, it looks to me that they just want to brainwash me to believe that "you cannot hear it", "according to science, you cannot hear it".…… “

You sidestepped the question about actual robust testing to confirm you actually hear anything. NO you have not even tested yourself to prove to yourself that you can hear a difference between CD and Hi Res and therefore if there is any basis to even start looking into the technical parts of the audio you believe you can differentiate between.

Do you not see the utter disconnect between claiming to have a psychology background and not having the awareness to assess how your own psychology may be influencing what you hear when you must know it can have a massive effect ?

You have no more basis for your theories than any other run if the mill ‘audiophile’ who claims they can hear better bass authority, sweeter midrange and more extension in the treble with a $1,000 USB cable.

You are delusional and have no scientific basis to even start a conversation that you proclaim to be focused on critical thinking, that is why they kicked you out of ASR.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #284 of 517
What he's demonstrated so far was that:
His persona thinks very highly of itself.
He can be top poster of the day on Headfi with messages that, upon scrutiny, have no content.

End of list.

He didn't address any legitimate point made against his Don Quixote narratives. I looked a little and could not find one instance. IMO, he's a hot air balloon.

May 6, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #285 of 517
Focusing intently on the details can lead to missing the bigger picture.

IMG_0431.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back