New Arrivals At Apos Audio: Upgrade Your Sound—Ray 12AX7 SELECT and CORE Vacuum Tubes
May 16, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #16 of 19
Folkvangr sounds magical with the ten Russian tubes that come with it and each cost less than an adapter.

Though your proposition is tempting, I am keeping my 5670 rolling to my Vali 2++.

I thought it sounded nice with the stock tubes but I did get a pronounced hum.

I tried the GE JAN 5670s as preamps and that helped, then Philips tubes in the other 8 slots and the hum went away.

Got a good deal on the WEs so decided to go for it and they sound amazing.

Plus now everything in the amp is American Made.

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 1:50 AM Post #17 of 19
Why is the seller liable for warranty repair and not the manufacturer?

What is the seller's liability? Return for cash? Exchange? Repair?

I don't understand. Are you saying the legal warranty does not require the manufacturer to repair the item unless the manufacturer warranty runs more than 2 years?
Many countries have this written in the law, so there are slight differences between countries. But that was not the point.
The point is that advertising the tubes with 12 months warranty is bollocks. Many countries will impose much more (often 2 years) on the seller, so if the manufacturer in a country with no such legal warranty period provides less than what the seller has to deal with, the seller will have to cover the risk. That makes these tubes less attractive for sellers or for people buying directly from the manufacturer.

May 18, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #18 of 19
I have a review of the Select series if anyone is interested:

May 26, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #19 of 19
Looks like good quality for a good price with the new line.

Are y’all ever going to release a 6922/6DJ8 tube? I know the 12 volters can be used with an adapter but some designed for a 6 volt heater would be nice.
I love the 12au7 the 6922 is a big family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back