Violectric V222 and V202
May 5, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #1,771 of 1,896
I know of them, no need to blow this up with big vague postings that basically help nobody.

Next week we will even have photos.
Thank you for this. I'm excitedly awaiting Munich High End. I currently own the v222 and v281LE. I was debating selling those to fund the US5. I'm going to wait a little bit and see what comes out.

May 5, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #1,773 of 1,896
I have never revealed too much in my lifetime. I understand what goes in behind these things. The time and energy spent. Our company has been trusted with much bigger information before and never let on. A few little tidbits never hurt anyone and sometimes helps. Sharing too much does not help. Anything. I could have shared more but that would go against the confidence of the people I spoke with which I respect and don't plan to burn any bridges over that.If I really wanted to I could have just posted to our site that has millions of followers and readers and leaked it all. It was said in confidence so I just teased it here.
Well I hope one of them is a V380 with XLR+RCA input instead of 2 RCA. Personally I have considered getting a 380 as a possible all-in-one endgame, but want the flexibility of XLR+rca on an endgame amp. If I would go with a 590 then I would want the pro volume control and the price just spirals.

May 5, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #1,775 of 1,896
Well I hope one of them is a V380 with XLR+RCA input instead of 2 RCA. Personally I have considered getting a 380 as a possible all-in-one endgame, but want the flexibility of XLR+rca on an endgame amp. If I would go with a 590 then I would want the pro volume control and the price just spirals.
I think some updated 300 models sounds pretty reasonable.

May 5, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #1,776 of 1,896
I have arranged an appointment with Fried. Let's hope that a new DAC is coming...
I don't think this is the year for it...

May 5, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #1,778 of 1,896
New DAC designs, ideas need manpower. Digital expertise is sought after in all other businesses too and they are way way bigger than audio could ever be, so people flock there naturally, especially in this economy. We are in special times now. Some things just need more patience.

DACs will definitely come and they will have more (very useful) features than before. There are some cool designs that I hope to see and some will probably never see the light of the day but it's best to sit back, relax and look a bit forward to next week.

May 5, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #1,779 of 1,896
New DAC designs, ideas need manpower. Digital expertise is sought after in all other businesses too and they are way way bigger than audio could ever be, so people flock there naturally, especially in this economy. We are in special times now. Some things just need more patience.

DACs will definitely come and they will have more (very useful) features than before. There are some cool designs that I hope to see and some will probably never see the light of the day but it's best to sit back, relax and look a bit forward to next week.
Is this Fried? Or someone from Lake People / Violectric?

May 6, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #1,780 of 1,896
Yes, I paid in GB pounds, VAT included - nothing else to pay and it's sat on the desk beside me so no chance of customs holding it hostage
thomann do have uk site as well as DE.
so i expect stock is held in UK also

May 6, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #1,781 of 1,896
still considering this amp, but it wont be used with the Qutest as i have sold it now.

i tested myself , by buying a cheap used Topping dac (E30) to compare with my Qutest, as i had suspiscions!!
i literally could not tell them apart, so could not justify keeping the Qutest.
had wondered about this for a long time.
no more overpriced dacs for me.

May 6, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #1,782 of 1,896
still considering this amp, but it wont be used with the Qutest as i have sold it now.

i tested myself , by buying a cheap used Topping dac (E30) to compare with my Qutest, as i had suspiscions!!
i literally could not tell them apart, so could not justify keeping the Qutest.
had wondered about this for a long time.
no more overpriced dacs for me.
topping makes excellent dac:)

May 6, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #1,783 of 1,896
thomann do have uk site as well as DE.
so i expect stock is held in UK also
I recently bought the V222 from Thomann UK and the unit was shipped from Germany, so I think it's just an English front end for the German seller. It was nice in that I paid in GB pounds and the price included VAT, there was nothing else to pay and the parcel arrived in three working days.

LoL, I just realised you were quoting me :D

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #1,784 of 1,896
I recently bought the V222 from Thomann UK and the unit was shipped from Germany, so I think it's just an English front end for the German seller. It was nice in that I paid in GB pounds and the price included VAT, there was nothing else to pay and the parcel arrived in three working days.

LoL, I just realised you were quoting me :D
i am looking to buy from audio emotion and hopefully trade in my Phonitor SE on part-ex.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back