0.78 2 pin issues - Connection loose.
May 1, 2024 at 7:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Aevum

Headphoneus Supremus
Im having issues with 0.78mm cables.

Not sure if its becuase im using cables in the 20-30€ field, or just that chifi build quality is mid but im seeing a trend with the last 3 IEM´s i bought with surface 2 pin.

Blessing 2, Soundrhyme SR 5 and ZiiGaat dos cinco.

Basicaly the 2 pin just unplugs and the IEM falls off the cable, i also have the EM6L from Simgot but that has the KZ/QDC shielded 2 pin that has a piece of plastic apart from the 2 pin that grabs on to the cable,

Maybe cheap cables have this issue and i should get a good one, or maybe build quality is mid, or im damaging the connectors due to cable changes ?

any ideas ?

May 11, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 5
Im having issues with 0.78mm cables.

Not sure if its becuase im using cables in the 20-30€ field, or just that chifi build quality is mid but im seeing a trend with the last 3 IEM´s i bought with surface 2 pin.

Blessing 2, Soundrhyme SR 5 and ZiiGaat dos cinco.

Basicaly the 2 pin just unplugs and the IEM falls off the cable, i also have the EM6L from Simgot but that has the KZ/QDC shielded 2 pin that has a piece of plastic apart from the 2 pin that grabs on to the cable,

Maybe cheap cables have this issue and i should get a good one, or maybe build quality is mid, or im damaging the connectors due to cable changes ?

any ideas ?
I've had dozens of inexpensive IEMs and cables and not run into this except with .75mm cables in .78mm holes, or using a .78mm cable with a .75mm IEM then switching back to a .75mm cable.

May 12, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #4 of 5
Maybe you've just been unlucky with Chi-fi quality control. I've gotten some crappy ultra-cheap KBear cables that were wired out of phase.

But otherwise even very budget cables like TRN T2 have been fine. If you're doing a lot of cable swapping maybe the connectors in the IEMs are wearing out?

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #5 of 5
new doscinco doing the same thing here, with 2 cables, one new, one old that never had issues before.

had to bend the pins outward so it wouldn't slip off like this < so i wouldn't have to worry about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back