5th Annual 'HeadRoom & Friends' Hits Los Angeles CA Sunday Aug.7!
Aug 4, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #16 of 39
Hi Mr.Big,

The official end time is 4pm, but i'm sure there will be plenty of folks hanging out until 5pm ....
bigsmile_face.gif

Hope to see u there!

Cheers,
jorge
HeadRoom Operations / Sales Manager

Aug 7, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #17 of 39
Lol, just lurkin around the forums this AM and noticed this! I'll try to come by today. If I don't bring my own source material, how would I get to listen to the same type of music on various pieces of equipment? Say I wanted to listen to some classical music, almost any classical would be fine, but to do comparison listening across the range of equipment...I'd need to bring my own source player, no? ...and I don't have anything worthy of that :frowning2:

****, if I had only seen this thread a week ago.

Aug 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #18 of 39
Hmmm, too bad Whiplash Audio won't be represented, I'd like to listen through one of their cables/see them in person. Hope someone brings a pair on their personal rigs so I can just look at them.

Quote:
 As you'll note, we've amassed a stellar array of heavy hitters for our 5th Annual to make it the most intensive headphone-dedicated spectacular yet for LAOCAS! We have also provided 2 tables for the Head-Fi.org headphone hobbyists group exhibiting their personal high-end headphone rigs & uniquely individual (non-commercial) headphone amp creations. Of course, all are welcome!  
1. HeadRoom~Headphone.com = 3-4 tables / 8ft or 12ft [mix is fine]
2. CEntrance DACs    = 1 table / 12ft
3. Sennheiser             = 1 table  / 12ft
4. Audeze                    = 1 table / 12ft
5. Eddie Current Amps = 1 table / 12ft
6. HiFiMan             = 1 table / 12ft
7. Ultrasone          = 1 table / 12ft
8. Phiaton              = 1 table / 12ft
9. DXC Store (HR Dealer) = 1 table / 8ft
10. Spider             = 1 table / 12ft
11. Maximo           = 1 table / 8ft
12. Head-Fi.org Headphone Hobbyists Assoc =  2 tables / 8ft [do we need more?....]

Aug 7, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #19 of 39

Quote:
Lol, just lurkin around the forums this AM and noticed this! I'll try to come by today. If I don't bring my own source material, how would I get to listen to the same type of music on various pieces of equipment? Say I wanted to listen to some classical music, almost any classical would be fine, but to do comparison listening across the range of equipment...I'd need to bring my own source player, no? ...and I don't have anything worthy of that :frowning2:

****, if I had only seen this thread a week ago.

Hello MulberryMadness,

Just bring a couple of fave CDs; most tables will likely have a CD player source of some kind we figure, including HeadRoom!

Cheers,
jorge
HeadRoom Operations/Sales Manager

Aug 7, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #20 of 39
I'll be travelin light, no CD's or anything else...might bring some Persian mulberries with me from the Hlly Farmer's mkt if I get going *now*, seeya later

Quote:
Hello MulberryMadness,

Just bring a couple of fave CDs; most tables will likely have a CD player source of some kind we figure, including HeadRoom!

Cheers,
jorge

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #22 of 39
I enjoyed listening to CEntrance DACmini today through the T1. Their new speakers also had very good imaging. Hope it was a little quieter... so I could better listen to headphones like the HD800, LCD-2, and HE-500. 

Thank you for organizing the event! (srry no pictures from me =/)

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #24 of 39
I was running late but still made it there just after 3pm.  I was pretty excited to get in on the raffle for the great prizes.  Unfortunately when they say "raffle at the end of the day" and say the end is between 4-5pm, they really mean the raffle starts at just after 3pm. 

But at least I saved myself a lot of money in the future - listened to the top of the line Senns and Ultrasones and realized they didn't sound that much better than the lower models!  Ultrasone Edition 10 - $2,749 - really?  No, really?  Crazy.  I'll stick with my HD595's and a small portable amp.

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #25 of 39
Why is there virtually no feedback on this meet, no discussion of what people listened to and what they liked?  It certainly looked as if there was enough equipment there that was worth commenting on.

Maybe someone who attended should start a thread in the forum on meets?

Aug 10, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #26 of 39

Quote:
Why is there virtually no feedback on this meet, no discussion of what people listened to and what they liked?  It certainly looked as if there was enough equipment there that was worth commenting on.

Maybe someone who attended should start a thread in the forum on meets?

There were a lot of people, but I think they were mostly affiliated with the LAOCAS than head-fi. I saw a head-fi table, but only about 2 to 3 members were there. 

Aug 10, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #27 of 39
Hello Everyone,

HeadRoom just wanted to extend a big, wet THANK YOU to everyone who came out to the show. It seemed like lots of folks turned out and had lots of fun on a perfect So Cal Sunday. We do hope to make the event at least an hour longer next year (beginning at 11am?) to allow for even more listening time for all the folks that wanted to hear more, more, more! Our 10 HeadRoom listening stations from portable entry-level to uber high-end 'Triple-Stack' BUDA/UDAC balanced goodness were packed all day, so the plan is for even MORE stations next time around. From what we could see in our corner, many of the other tables looked pretty busy as well and all 2,000 raffle tickets sold-out (one guy bought 150!
rolleyes.gif
), which was the first time that's happened in LAOCAS 18-year history. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Southern California headphone lovers and we'll hope to see u again next year for the 6th Annual HeadRoom & Friends!

tongue.gif

Cheers,

jorge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back