An exploration of Chord DAVE, MScaler, Qutest, and Holo May, HQPlayer
Apr 14, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #1,486 of 1,492
Every variable has been assessed, burn in etc the lot. I've seen this answered on various threads. He just doesn't like the May 😁
FYI I just moved from Dave to May and couldn't be happier. Richer. Denser. Meatier. More natural. Dave is superb. I really really prefer May. Not that you asked!
There are comparisons swinging both ways. I just think when people are comparing the two it must be the Level 3 KTE May.

Apr 14, 2024 at 7:05 AM Post #1,487 of 1,492
Currently testing some new Headphones out of the Dave and the sound is up there with the best but without having to buy an expensive amp.
Thats the downside with the May if only using headphone setup you have to use seperate Amp. Get the right Headphone that sounds great and easy to drive on the Dave and it is hard to beat.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 1:59 AM Post #1,488 of 1,492
SOLD

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #1,489 of 1,492
Has anyone gone in the wayback machine and compared the Chord TT to these other fine DAC's listed? Been listening to the Chord TT with an Aurouasound HEADA amp of late, and it's proving to be a very musical combination. It may not have the last bit of detail retrieval, but it damn sure sounds very good. Instruments and vocals sound natural, which too many DAC's can't seem to get quite right.

May 22, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #1,490 of 1,492
Has anyone gone in the wayback machine and compared the Chord TT to these other fine DAC's listed? Been listening to the Chord TT with an Aurouasound HEADA amp of late, and it's proving to be a very musical combination. It may not have the last bit of detail retrieval, but it damn sure sounds very good. Instruments and vocals sound natural, which too many DAC's can't seem to get quite right.
Im there, my two mid fi purchases stuck since 2016, TT after slapping antipodes before it with phoenix and wa 33 elite with tube upgrades after TT, serious class "A"stuff. also what scaled with TT is hd800s, another mid fi blocker. Im looking at a dac upgrade but none mentioned in this thread, but really? do I?

May 24, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #1,491 of 1,492
@Redwingnine great to see another HEADA fan here. Can't tell you anything about TT but with TT2 HEADA sounds sublime, hence I'm not surprised you like it with previous iteration. For me adding HEADA to TT2 chain has been more essential upgrade than adding M-Scaler, especially with particular headphones. Which headphones were you pairing HEADA with if I may ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back