Anyone interested in an amateur 10-way cheap chi-fi IEM shootout/review?
May 6, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #16 of 17
I never heard the F1 Pro but I am a fan of the Artti T10 most of the time just costing $55 it is competitive

Screenshotted from Akros his video

Otherwise I am not that interested in the posted IEMs you will review but that shouldn't be a reason to stop you. Get some experience reviewing them and it may lead to something good!

Funny you mentioned the T10s, I could not find where to buy one outside of aliexpress, which I am hesitant to use since it keeps converting all my purchases into Euros and the exchange rate means I end up paying more than what is advertised. Weirdly, I added it to my cart again today and it allowed me to pay in america bucks, so I purchased it. Also weirdly, when I tried to buy the KBEAR Rosefinch it went back to being stuck in Euros only again. Whatever, managed to nab the T10 at $53. Let's see how it compares with the melody (whenever the hell it arrives)

May 6, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #17 of 17
Oh I am so down to follow this, although I'm more in an over-ear era at the moment. But the siren call of chi-fi is always there, it's a bit like gambling because for very little outlay one can hit a sonic jackpot - much more often than in actual gambling - and sometimes, well... at least in either instance either the documentation or a slogan on the marketing somewhere will be amusing, and that is said with all the love in the world. I have to think that at this point companies without a fluent/native English speaker just lean into it.

Do you mind if I ask you where you ordered them from, @kneelthepetal ? Ama? Ali? And thank you for sharing your journey with this 'little' haul haha. Are you planning on keeping them? No judgement as I recently blew past any level of "I've just got enough sets of headphones/earphones for each specific use case" into "I collect audio gear" territory myself, and that little transition was more or less enabled by the good folks hopefully earning something resembling a decent wage over in China.
Mainly buy from Amazon since I get 5% back and quick delivery, but I just made my first aliexpress purchase today since I could not find the ARTTI T10s, another planar set I really wanted to try, on amazon. Heard the customer service for ali is terrible but w/ amazon it's amazing, so I mainly try amazon first.

And yes, I probably do intend to keep them. I dunno, they are kinda like little gems/pieces of jewelry I just like looking at. I'm planning on getting a display case of some sort to show them off. I also just like grabbing a random pair and listening to them, even though I have objectively better headphones I could use, it makes the music sound different and when I do switch back to something like my Arya Stealth, it makes it sound so much better (gotta eat a few fast food burgers to appreciate a good steak).

I totally relate to the gambling/amusingness nature of the purchases, which is why I try to keep it low-stakes price wise (also why the Kiwi Ears made me a bit salty, did not like the sound and packing was crap). It really is fun opening a new set every few days and seeing the differences in packaging, design, accessories, and even stuff like artwork, odd little extras, and yes, the Engrish. The BLON x HBB Z300 I opened yesterday had some of the funniest Engrish I have ever read in the little instruction booklet. Even the front of the box has some baffling text, what the heck does "Oppoty & Driams pt2" mean?!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back