aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Apr 4, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #31 of 2,173
Quick update, I received my KB8 and get ~120ms latency with the Edifier TWS1 Pro earbuds (AptX Adaptive, long red light). These earbuds have some connection problems, recently I could not get it to connect to the KB8 until I swapped USB ports (strange).

With the Sennheiser Momentum TWS earbuds I get ~60ms (AptX LL, blue LED with 2 red flashes each five seconds).

Another quirk: because my LG CX TV (used as my monitor) is always transmitting a Bluetooth signal as a transmitter--it can only be disabled by going into an engineering menu requiring a special remote control--and because the KB8 automatically goes into pairing mode, the two devices paired with each other automatically. I could block the KB8 from within the TV but I worry that now the KB8 has paired with it, and that the TV is always visible when powered on, this could be related to why the earbuds stopped connecting. But I might be very wrong.

In all I consider this a success. Kind of wish it had a pairing button. Glad it tells you the codec via LED. I have not used the software yet, will do that later, probably from a virtual machine. The KB8P I ordered arrived at my shopping agent's warehouse and is still on the way. I might order a second from aliexpress at that price!

Apr 4, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #32 of 2,173
If you have a Logitech remote you may be able to use it to get it to get you into the TV's engineers' menu, I had to do this years ago on a LG for a family member to try enable DTS as it did not have the license the higher range models had.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #33 of 2,173
Another quirk: because my LG CX TV (used as my monitor) is always transmitting a Bluetooth signal as a transmitter--it can only be disabled by going into an engineering menu requiring a special remote control--and because the KB8 automatically goes into pairing mode, the two devices paired with each other automatically. I could block the KB8 from within the TV but I worry that now the KB8 has paired with it, and that the TV is always visible when powered on, this could be related to why the earbuds stopped connecting. But I might be very wrong.
My LG G1 displayed an allow or block dialog. I chose block. Had to do this with all of these adapters.

Apr 9, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #36 of 2,173
This is what I can see on iPhone:

8-F293-DE1-D7-A9-4907-A3-DD-23-FAB66-DE3-BD.jpg

I can’t remember what it said when first attached to my Mac… as it will remember a device’s last settings if I manually changed it to 24/96. I would not expect setting this within a computer changing anything within the dongle itself. Only its own tools would know how to do that. They did have a tool called 24-bit but it only has “bind” and “unbind” buttons (besides the pair/unpair buttons) and I didn’t try it.

Just checked on my work Android, Samsung A21… it too claims to be outputting 24/96. Exact same image as above. It also looks like the A21 supports 24/96 natively with its built-in speaker. So, it may depend on the exact Android device you are using; what the default is.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #37 of 2,173
qiyi kb8p mobile phone package has arrived. The dongle does not support the microphone function on the PC. Is there a solution?
I only use for music playback. So, I do not know. One of the tools did appear to refer to calling but I wasn’t interested.

Apr 9, 2022 at 11:31 PM Post #39 of 2,173
Unfortunately, I tried connecting to 5 different PCs. When connecting for the first time, all are set to 16/48 by default. I checked all Android phones LG v40, Galaxy Fold 3, and Samsung s10 5g, and even though it is a Galaxy flagship phone, the built-in speaker output is 48kHz. When I checked the next phone directly with the power amplifier, I was able to confirm that kb8p was set to 16/48.
And what is the name of the app that shows the output like the image you sent me above?

The adapter you mentioned is currently being tested.
내가 iPhone에서 볼 수 있는 것:

8-F293-DE1-D7-A9-4907-A3-DD-23-FAB66-DE3-BD.jpg

내 Mac에 대한 공격으로 말하세요... 매뉴얼 24/96에서 기기의 설정을 기억하세요. 너의 내 님, 그 방법은 만 알 수 있습니다. 24비트는 "바인드" "바인 드 류" 버튼만 깐깐한 손에 걸리세요.

내 작업 Android, Samsung A21에서 확인했습니다. 96년 24시간을 주장합니다. 다음 이미지입니다. A21은 96년 24월 24일부터 지원하는 것처럼 보입니다. ④ 서비스에 대한 서비스는 계속됩니다. 이인스타그램.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2022 at 5:55 AM Post #40 of 2,173
Amazon Music

Apr 10, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #41 of 2,173
Unfortunately, I tried connecting to 5 different PCs. When connecting for the first time, all are set to 16/48 by default. I checked all Android phones LG v40, Galaxy Fold 3, and Samsung s10 5g, and even though it is a Galaxy flagship phone, the built-in speaker output is 48kHz. When I checked the next phone directly with the power amplifier, I was able to confirm that kb8p was set to 16/48. The 24/96 output is only possible by changing the output plug-in of the power amp. Alternatively, you must activate it using the xtreme muisc app.
And what is the name of the app that shows the output like the image you sent me above?

The adapter you mentioned is currently being tested.

I think I know what’s happening here. You’re looking for Sample Rate Checker to say ENCODING_PCM_24BIT_PACKED. It actually says ENCODING_PCM_FLOAT which is actually an indication of being able to go up to 32-bit. It’s better than ENCODING_PCM_24BIT_PACKED. Google says:

To achieve higher audio bit depth than a signed 16 bit integer short, it is recommended to use ENCODING_PCM_FLOAT for audio capture, processing, and playback. Floats are efficiently manipulated by modern CPUs, have greater precision than 24 bit signed integers, and have greater dynamic range than 32 bit signed integers.

Ref: https://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/AudioFormat

What comes out of the KB8P will depend on what you feed into it up to 24-bit/96KHz. The firmware will limit the abilities to 24-bit/96KHz probably for thermal/power reasons. It’s very small and anything higher will probably cause it to burn out.

Apr 10, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #42 of 2,173
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back