Astell&Kern Launches KANN ALPHA Digital Audio Player
Oct 28, 2023 at 11:47 PM Post #2,041 of 2,084
USB - File is 32bit 384khz - opened in the stock music player, and Foobar (officially sanctioned sideload). Note the differences because one (Foobar, sideloaded) uses the stock Android audio stack and resampled the output to 24bit 48khz. Just like Apple Music.

Attachments

• AKFoobarApp48k.jpeg
    AKFoobarApp48k.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • AKStockApp384k.jpeg
    AKStockApp384k.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Dec 22, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #2,047 of 2,084
Hi friend!
I'm trying to install the APK of Apple Classical Music, but it not appear to install in Open Service. As this application that you installed does not appear either, I assumed that you installed it another way. Can you share the trick? :)

Thank you!!
Apple Classical Music is currently not supported on any AK player. It is in the process of being tested by AK's QA team for possible inclusion in a later firmware update.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Dec 22, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #2,048 of 2,084
Hi friend!
I'm trying to install the APK of Apple Classical Music, but it not appear to install in Open Service. As this application that you installed does not appear either, I assumed that you installed it another way. Can you share the trick? :)

Thank you!!

Kann Alpha (and SE300) run android 9 and target API 28, but Apple Classical makes api calls that A&K left out of the Android system image. Some USB accessories and DAC modes (USB input with iOS devices and the Noble Xmems IEMs, for examples) don't work for the similar or adjacent reasons. Unfortunately :frowning2:

Dec 22, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #2,049 of 2,084
Kann Alpha (and SE300) run android 9 and target API 28, but Apple Classical makes api calls that A&K left out of the Android system image. Some USB accessories and DAC modes (USB input with iOS devices and the Noble Xmems IEMs, for examples) don't work for the similar or adjacent reasons. Unfortunately :frowning2:

As best as I can tell, Apple Classical is just a front-end for music that is already available in Apple Music. At least everything that I have checked was on both apps.

Jan 4, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #2,051 of 2,084
Anyone have any experience with A&K KANN Max and Focal Bathys?

I'm looking to pair my Max with Bathys for a travel headphone but wanted to make sure the Focal App was supported. I'd probably have to side load it and I'm okay with that but wondering if anyone has tried and if it's functional.

Jan 4, 2024 at 9:02 PM Post #2,052 of 2,084
Anyone have any experience with A&K KANN Max and Focal Bathys?

I'm looking to pair my Max with Bathys for a travel headphone but wanted to make sure the Focal App was supported. I'd probably have to side load it and I'm okay with that but wondering if anyone has tried and if it's functional.

No the Focal app is not on the whitelist. Yet another reason to eliminate this frustrating restriction.

Jan 4, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #2,053 of 2,084
No the Focal app is not on the whitelist. Yet another reason to eliminate this frustrating restriction.
Shoot. Thanks for the response. I’ll skip the Bathys.

Jan 5, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #2,054 of 2,084
Shoot. Thanks for the response. I’ll skip the Bathys.

FWIW, I don't believe any of the companion apps for headphones/IEMs work with A&K DAPs. Perhaps @JasonNYC can clarify.

Jan 5, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #2,055 of 2,084
FWIW, I don't believe any of the companion apps for headphones/IEMs work with A&K DAPs. Perhaps @JasonNYC can clarify.
Good to know. I'm looking for a good noise canceling travel option. On my last vacation/flight I brought an Audeze Maxwell and that was okay but a lot of airplane noise came in. Before that I brought an Aeon Noire and it was a bit better but without EQ that headphone is a bit too bright for my tastes.

I was really hoping the Bathys would solve that problem but without the companion app it's kind of subpar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back