Benchmark HPA4 Headphone / Line Amplifier Impressions
May 31, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #1,143 of 1,410
Jun 1, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #1,144 of 1,410
Peter (Macedonianhero) he also uses it with the Susvara with a very high level of enjoyment.

Fixed it for you. :wink: And I don't listen quietly...normally 80dB with say 88dB peaks. It can play louder, but protect them ears fellas and ladies.

Jun 1, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #1,145 of 1,410
get yourself a bakoon 13r peter....you wont want to listen to the susvara with anything else

Jun 1, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #1,146 of 1,410
Anyone pair it with the Susvara?
Going in completely the opposite direction, is anybody else using it with the HD600? The high quality of the HPA4 is not at all wasted with this combo. Super enjoyable.

Jun 1, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #1,147 of 1,410
Just got the HPA4 last week (following lots of advice here - thank you everyone!)

quick report - wonderful. I'm using, mostly, Kennerton Thekk and drives it beautifully. Paired with Mytek BB.

Super clean, best way I can put it. Happy with it!

Also lots of headroom. With Arya will run between -40 to -50 with loooots to spare

Jun 1, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #1,148 of 1,410
get yourself a bakoon 13r peter....you wont want to listen to the susvara with anything else

I’ve since listened to it…I’m sticking with the HPA4. I prefer the cleaner and tighter sound that is “truer” to the source and these headphones. We agree on a lot, but I’ll have to differ on this.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #1,149 of 1,410
Anyone pair it with the Susvara?

I did, on an off for about a year, until about two months ago. I liked it a lot. Tons of clarity and detail; refined and sweet treble; very true-sounding bass. And loud enough, at least for me. I've always said that the HPA4 has a pretty specific and interesting sound signature. I only sold it to make room to try out other things, for fun.

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #1,150 of 1,410
I did, on an off for about a year, until about two months ago. I liked it a lot. Tons of clarity and detail; refined and sweet treble; very true-sounding bass. And loud enough, at least for me. I've always said that the HPA4 has a pretty specific and interesting sound signature. I only sold it to make room to try out other things, for fun.
Have you heard the Bakoon with Susvara vs HPA4? What is your next amp to be used with Susvara?

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #1,151 of 1,410
I’ve since listened to it…I’m sticking with the HPA4. I prefer the cleaner and tighter sound that is “truer” to the source and these headphones. We agree on a lot, but I’ll have to differ on this.
you came around on the abyss lol

Jun 2, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #1,152 of 1,410
20210531_164053.jpg
My HPA4 arrived today to pair with my Chord Hugo TT2 and M Scaler. Just listened to a couple of tracks of Arcadi Volodos playing solo piano works of Rachmaninoff, and I am stunned by the speed, clarity and transparency of this monster.

Background is perfectly black and the decay of every piano note is sounding just unbelievably accurate and realistic.
HPA4 is a definite end game amp for me. The details retrieval, tonality balance, clarity, transparency and background darkness are just amazing, and it pairs up really well with my Chord TT2 and M Scaler Combo.

Jun 2, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #1,153 of 1,410
Have you heard the Bakoon with Susvara vs HPA4? What is your next amp to be used with Susvara?
Oh good question. I can tell that my curiosity is about to get the better of me, and so I may get the R13 soon. My best guess is that its sound will land somewhere between the HPA4 and my X150.8 speaker amp (though there is a lot of territory between those two points, heh). I'm actually liking my speaker amp more than ever these days for the Susvara as well as the TC.

Jun 2, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #1,154 of 1,410
Has anyone heard any rumors on an update to the HPA4? I have decided to get one, but I am not familiar with Benchmark's product cycles. I think it has been out for 3 years so I would guess it's in the middle, or towards the end, of it's lifecycle but I'm looking for opinions. I just want to make sure I'm not possibly missing out on an update if I missed the news somewhere. It doesn't bother me if updates happen shortly after I purchase something, but it's always good to make an informed decision.

Jun 2, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #1,155 of 1,410
Has anyone heard any rumors on an update to the HPA4? I have decided to get one, but I am not familiar with Benchmark's product cycles. I think it has been out for 3 years so I would guess it's in the middle, or towards the end, of it's lifecycle but I'm looking for opinions. I just want to make sure I'm not possibly missing out on an update if I missed the news somewhere. It doesn't bother me if updates happen shortly after I purchase something, but it's always good to make an informed decision.
If you have this doubt you can hear John Siau but knowing him I think he will reply that HPA4 has no room for improvement and will be maintained for many more years! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back