Beyer T1 review
Feb 16, 2010 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi All,

I have has the Beyer T1 in house to review now for a week or so.

The T1 is the real deal. A nice looking headphone and comfortable. I could see where one with large ears may have problems with the T1 but for me it fit nicely and wore comfortably.

Smooth. That was the first thought that came to mind as I listened to the T1. It is one of the least fatiguing headphones that I have ever heard. There is plenty of definition but it is not hard or aggressive. I thought the T1 did a great job with female vocals,horns and really anything I threw at them.

Where I thought they real were special was in the midrange. Sweet and detailed. Instrument separation was excellent. The music was alive and easy to listen to.

The bass was deep but not real dynamic. I would say it is more polite than dynamic. The bass was there and sounded good but for rock music it did not deliver the oomph necessary to bring the music to life.

That said it did deliver an overall excellent soundstage, excellent detail, and a well rounded presentation from top to bottom. I could easily live with the T1 as my only headphone if need be.

I used the T1 plugged into the TTVJ 307A headphone amp with a Meridian GO8 cd player for this review.

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks for the impression Todd. How does the T1 measure up to the HD800 in your opinion?

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 10
"The bass was deep but not real dynamic. I would say it is more polite than dynamic. The bass was there and sounded good but for rock music it did not deliver the oomph necessary to bring the music to life."

Can we get a frame of reference with this one? Less oomph than dt880s-2005 for example?

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"The bass was deep but not real dynamic. I would say it is more polite than dynamic. The bass was there and sounded good but for rock music it did not deliver the oomph necessary to bring the music to life."

Can we get a frame of reference with this one? Less oomph than dt880s-2005 for example?

x2, how do you compare the bass between HD800 and T1?

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2, how do you compare the bass between HD800 and T1?

Oh, it is the time answer my own question. T1 as stock with 10 hours on them. They do bass! Not as much as HD650 and D7000, but more than enough for hard rock and drum. Very balanced persentation, as it is very hard to pick out any fault that bothers me with T1.They are warm but not too warm. They are more neutral than HD650, and more musical than HD800. Can't wait to recable them to make them super refined.

Apr 7, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #8 of 10
thanks for sharing Todd
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Oh, it is the time answer my own question. T1 as stock with 10 hours on them. They do bass! Not as much as HD650 and D7000, but more than enough for hard rock and drum. Very balanced persentation, as it is very hard to pick out any fault that bothers me with T1.They are warm but not too warm. They are more neutral than HD650, and more musical than HD800. Can't wait to recable them to make them super refined.

I agree with that analysis. The only fault I can think of is some might consider them a little boring because of the balanced presentation. Cant wait to hear them balanced. Anybody try these balanced yet?

Sep 20, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
.... The only fault I can think of is some might consider them a little boring because of the balanced presentation. Cant wait to hear them balanced. Anybody try these balanced yet?

Haha. Are they boring because they have a balanced presentation, yet you cannot wait to hear them balanced ....
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back