Beyerdynamic Xelento!
May 4, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #2,942 of 2,944
Take a look at the Softears Twilight, probably the best single DD on the market right now. It should work perfectly with genres ypu mentioned.
Is very nice I agree the Twilight has the Monster engaging detailed midrange I wish the Xelento always had truly astonishing. And that goes for both gens which I've own. Only issue for me was unfortunately the nozzles were tough too get a proper comfortable seal with and just the overall fit/ease I can just where the Xelentos down just stick em in badabing. And ofc the downside of that Twilight was there was just no bass too speak of....literally nada they completely dropped the ball there. Xelento has it crushed in those aspects so I resold Twilight shortly after receiving. I'll def keep an 👀 on Softears for the future

May 4, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #2,943 of 2,944
I have the Elite and the Xelento OG and they pair very well. Xelento 2 should pair even better as they are improved over the OG version.
I actually find the 1st gen too be more too my preferences with it's pure unrestrained rawness and edginess. The 2nd gen is more smoothed out/refined/matured not as exciting in my opinion because it's less 'edgy' now. They took away some of the fun factor for sure. Also it's just a tad bigger so you can't just pop it in and wear it straight down like the 1st gen. It's a big bump in sound with the Plussound tri silver x love it or if your on a budget get the Plussound silver + gold for 300 is a big step up over the stock which keeps it veiled. Definitely upgrade cables guys the stock really does tame them.

Attachments

• PXL_20240421_052145925.jpg
    PXL_20240421_052145925.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240421_052957566.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240421_052957566.MP.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #2,944 of 2,944
Is very nice I agree the Twilight has the Monster engaging detailed midrange I wish the Xelento always had truly astonishing. And that goes for both gens which I've own. Only issue for me was unfortunately the nozzles were tough too get a proper comfortable seal with and just the overall fit/ease I can just where the Xelentos down just stick em in badabing. And ofc the downside of that Twilight was there was just no bass too speak of....literally nada they completely dropped the ball there. Xelento has it crushed in those aspects so I resold Twilight shortly after receiving. I'll def keep an 👀 on Softears for the future
Twilight has no bass?? It kicks like crazy, it has more physical bass than the Xelento and I compared them many times. Twilight has an amazing bass and is very prominent in all genres. It doesn't have the same amount of sub bass as the Xelento but it doesn't have way less either. It's just bit less bit it's also supported by mid bass which is very hard kicking and the overall bass quality is for me better than on the Xelento which has softer and more muddy bass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back