Cable Burn In with regard to Audio Directionality.
May 20, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #271 of 302
In most audio-grade shielded interconnects, as compared to standard coax, negative has its own internal conductor and the metal shield is attached to ground at only one end, thus defining the cable’s directionality.

Actually that’s three lies. Firstly, standard coax is an audio-grade interconnect, it’s widely used by the big commercial music, broadcast and film dubbing studios for MADI. Second and far more important lie; the metal shield is NOT attached to ground at one end only in audio grade cables and consumers should NEVER attempt to do this. Quite a few musicians (and others) have died because of this and those who lifted the ground at one end charged with manslaughter!! And lastly, as they are attached both ends “thus [obviously NOT] defining the cable’s directionality”.

G
newsflash: your spewing your usual diarrhea isn't scientific evidence.

May 20, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #272 of 302
newsflash: your spewing your usual diarrhea isn't scientific evidence.

How Many More Have to Die? Part Two (and Three)

Newsflash: You being a hypocrite, troll and ignorant moron is annoying enough but spewing diarrhoea that’s potentially dangerous is another thing entirely!!

To everyone else: Regardless of whether you realise the quoted poster is a troll, do NOT lift the ground of ANY cable unless you’re an electrical engineer and know what you’re doing.

G

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #273 of 302
May 20, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #274 of 302
When you’re sliding into first and you’re feeling something burst…

May 29, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #275 of 302
I haven't been following this thread, but man does it look crazy! So over the place and out there!

May 29, 2023 at 7:42 AM Post #276 of 302
I haven't been following this thread, but man does it look crazy!
Absolutely. It’s bad enough when we just get ridiculous audiophile ideas/marketing of cable directionality or burn-in but ultimately it just results in audiophiles being scammed out of their money but it’s another thing entirely when the result could potentially be dangerous!

Apparently, some audiophiles don’t have enough common sense to understand that a power amplifier amplifies power and the last thing you should do is play around with the shield/ground of power that’s been amplified! Some audiophiles/audiophile marketers really are first degree a$$holes!

G

May 29, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #277 of 302
Absolutely. It’s bad enough when we just get ridiculous audiophile ideas/marketing of cable directionality or burn-in but ultimately it just results in audiophiles being scammed out of their money but it’s another thing entirely when the result could potentially be dangerous!

Apparently, some audiophiles don’t have enough common sense to understand that a power amplifier amplifies power and the last thing you should do is play around with the shield/ground of power that’s been amplified! Some audiophiles/audiophile marketers really are first degree a$$holes!

G
It seems musicians should have enough common sense to not have gigs in Argentina, because electric installations over there kill those who touch microphones and electric instruments... :scream:

May 29, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #278 of 302
It seems musicians should have enough common sense to not have gigs in Argentina, because electric installations over there kill those who touch microphones and electric instruments... :scream:

aWjwGd6_460swp.jpg

Jun 8, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #279 of 302
maybe burn in doesnt come from electricity "flowing" (since we are speaking about AC) but from one cable being hooked up to ground?

just an idea tho x)
that would explain why people might hear a difference when turning a cable around but it will "equalize" sooner or later again

Jun 8, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #280 of 302
Usually, it's better to prove that a difference exists before going looking for reasons why it exists. Coming up with theories about things that have never been proven is putting the cart before the horse.

Jun 8, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #281 of 302
Usually, it's better to prove that a difference exists before going looking for reasons why it exists. Coming up with theories about things that have never been proven is putting the cart before the horse.
hmm well i agree, are there any scientific tests made about this?

i mean the crystal structure of copper could change, slightly better/different conductivity, isolation/dielectric gets charged/polarized or who knows

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #282 of 302
There's no study that shows that cables burn in.

Jun 9, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #283 of 302
hmm well i agree, are there any scientific tests made about this?
Depends what you mean by “scientific”. Certainly countless engineers measure cable performance all the time, either to actually test the cable itself or to measure the signals which have passed through the cable/s. If you mean published scientific papers, then I’m sure there have been some but you’ll probably have difficulty finding any in print. This was all pretty much done and dusted well over a century ago.
i mean the crystal structure of copper could change, slightly better/different conductivity, isolation/dielectric gets charged/polarized or who knows …
I’m sure plenty of people know, many/most of the scientists/engineers in the telecoms industry for example. Your point depends on what you mean by *slightly*. Maybe at the quantum level it does *slightly* change the conductivity but for cable lengths of a few feet/100’s of feet, it makes no difference. These copper crystal/dielectric/polarisation things are all audiophile marketing pseudoscience BS, going back 40 years or so!

G

Jun 9, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #284 of 302
You can't prove a negative. You would have to do a study that shows that cable burn in exists. I've never heard of anything like that- just snake oil claims with no backup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back