CanJam SoCal 2022 (September 17-18, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2022 at 1:39 AM Post #661 of 687
Kind of curious how you get an invite to this private meetup since you have been posting about it publicly? I’m not interested myself but it’s nice to see new headfiers incorporated and fully welcomed. I have seen people across a bunch of sites always getting into these forums and being very open and looking to meet up with people only to be kind of ignored for lack of enough interaction on the forum. Seems a bit tough for newcomers to be brought into meet ups. Maybe I’m totally wrong but the more all inclusive the better in my opinion with a bit of simple vetting.
This one is because a bunch of friends and I went to SoCal together. We've got a couple houses in Newport beach for the week instead of hotel rooms at the Marriott.

This was mostly organised in my patron chat over the last couple months.

Unfortunately with getting invited to private events it's usually a case of knowing someone going that can invite you. Usually with a private event people might not be super eager to invite people completely outside their social circles.

There's some cool gear here, but first and foremost it's a social get together. The audio stuff is kinda secondary

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #662 of 687
If anyone has the chance to demo the new Enleum HPA-23RM, I'd be most grateful for impressions.
Did not know this existed... will definitely look into it!

Sep 17, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #663 of 687
Thank you, sir! Yes, I think the one they'll have is a prototype with the actual unit coming soon after. First time out in the wild, it seems.

Sep 17, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #665 of 687
This one is because a bunch of friends and I went to SoCal together. We've got a couple houses in Newport beach for the week instead of hotel rooms at the Marriott.

This was mostly organised in my patron chat over the last couple months.

Unfortunately with getting invited to private events it's usually a case of knowing someone going that can invite you. Usually with a private event people might not be super eager to invite people completely outside their social circles.

There's some cool gear here, but first and foremost it's a social get together. The audio stuff is kinda secondary
I totally understand and agree. The main reason why I commented mostly was just the idea that it’s very hard to be a newcomer and get into meeting people sometimes but understand people are not going to invite anyone just because of a similar hobby. I agree that if it is done organicly that it works best and for any newcomers that want to meet others, it seems the best to do is to interact with people on forums as much as possible and go to public events like canjam with a good attitude and try to be nice to everyone. I’m sure there are a bunch of likeminded people that are doing the same thing.

I hope everyone has a fun weekend. Cheers!

Sep 17, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #666 of 687
Thank you, sir! Yes, I think the one they'll have is a prototype with the actual unit coming soon after. First time out in the wild, it seems.
I 2nd the request for any impressions on the 23RM. Given the post from Enleum's FB page about working with Headphones.com for the show, theirs is the booth it should be at.

Also, if anyone swings by T+A, I would love love love to know if they are demoing their new Solitaire T headphones and especially if they are letting folks listen. AFAIK it was only on static display at Hifi Munich and I haven't seen listening impressions of it anywhere online yet. For those who haven't heard about it, it's a closed over the ear model that folds for travel and offers several modes of operairton. Bluetooth mode with the option for ANC, a pure passive analog mode for use with wired DAC/amp and a 3rd in-between mode they call "active analog" that lets you use ANC with a wired source input.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #668 of 687
We'll have it at our booth! The Soo In from Enleum will be popping by in the morning to drop 1 or 2 of them off.

Also good morning everyone, happy first day of CanJam SoCal 2022! See you all shortly!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 17, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #669 of 687
goodmorning 😊☕
who’s ready to go at canjam……
Ooo..oooo..oooo..me..me...me..! Ah damn.... I forgot to put my pants on... so excited to get down there... ☕🍳🥓🥞 then..... CanJam on!!

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #671 of 687
I am going to drive up to CanJam in the next hour. Leaving all of my gear at home. I just want to check out a few cans and call it a day. I hope everyone else has fun this weekend!

Sep 17, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #673 of 687
Christmas, err CanJam morning, y’all!

Sep 17, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #674 of 687
On my way, bags and boxes of goodies in tow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back