CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 24, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #31,846 of 31,857
oh....didnt expect that but Simgot EM10 is in stock and available to buy here:
https://www.linsoul.com/products/simgot-em10-1

while at same store Supermix4 is on Pre-order....

I have the EM10 on the way, which im so freakin excited about....let say my overwhelming SM4 lovin do boost the expectation big time...as well as the graph that promise near basshead experience, which im all IN for. tribrid way! (less so single driver way!)

1716584314620.png

May 25, 2024 at 11:53 PM Post #31,847 of 31,857
Ok guys, i'm back for good sorry for disappearance...I conclude headfi and Facebook are only 2 plae ill be active to don't disperse my time

this thread will get important update, including fav IEMs list of ChiFi Love admins...

right now the big crush and i guess upcoming hyping is SIMGOT SUPERMIX4.

i cantt get enough of their open holographic sweet musicality with proper bass slam and rumble and lush vocal...in fact, the BA used for mids remind me sonion...i don't understand how it can sound this good and cohesive.

SM4 are 1DD+1BA+1 micro planar+1 piezo (price=150$)

Super All Arounder. warm harman 2019 kind balance but Without thin mids or lack of mid bass roundness and punch, as well piezo and planar had snappy crunchy brightness on top which is airy not 100% sparkly....piezo is different than EST in tht regard...

every morning, same thing...i wake up and reach for SM4 lol
1716298635354.png

Good morning to you all fellow headfiers!
Hi. I would like to see a match up between BQEYZ wind and SM4. Especially the stage, layering and imaging.

May 29, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #31,850 of 31,857
Wow @NymPHONOmaniac ! Those CFL Jam's are interesting. Maybe they turn out to be big X Crinacle Dusk competitors? Really looking forward to impressions of final tuning😊
Hello mate yes they does, this is really like the Earbuds Anonymous earbuds, its an hommage to this fabulous CFL community, i'm not directly connected to it, just share what ChiFi Love members and I like...for ex, this is why i ask to community which color they seem to love, lot of them answer purple so i conclude its an accessible color, more so than pink or yellow lol

i do share feedback of IEMs with lotta audio companies, it's what make this chifi passion so cool, we can help them to improve sound value and tuning more and more...harman target obsession is due to all consumers and reviewers feedback too, now it will be different than this to cover a more diversify musical choice...

I dont have mic or anything to measure and do serious tuning, but its normal as CFL group creator i confirm if the IEM is good enough for the community...i just feel humbled about all this and hope it will benefit the community. not me. since i have zero profit or compensation about this, im an artsy dude just willing to help inspire creativity of IEMs making if possible, and boosting sound value competitivity as always since its my no1 obsession in term of reviewer. imo, mid tier IEM that are priced competitively is what is more beneficial for audiophile community that don't want to collect douzens of budget IEMs delivering average to good performance but rarely if ever long time ''end game'' musicality meet great technical performance audiophile pleasure. I hope this one will fullill the ChiFI Love ideal.

thanx for the interest, i'm curious to hear them too lol havent for now! and well it will sure be different from Dusk so some people might want both lol i havent heard dusk and dont plan to try them. i have try alot of Moondrop IEMs already including Blessing 2 and its not my kinda musicality afterall, but Moondrop do great IEMs for those loving this type of sound. but its true both these IEM are tribrid using 2dd2ba and 1 planar vs 2 planar for Dusk...price of JAM should be cheaper too...

to get the overall vibe of CFL JAM project, you can check this Earbuds Anonymous post. Its really about an ideal of ''sound value for the community''
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-anonymous-earbud.920882/

as well, this is prototype graph with most bass boost:
1716990767347.png

think about a bassier, warmer yet sparklier TSMR X....something between Feat and X in term of musicality...when i can share more about these i will...i need to get these in ears first.

again to avoid all ''members of the trades'' concern, this isn't a X NymPHONO or Eric Lab collab...if one day i do one that take any part of trades benefit, ill be the first to say it loud. for now, its just an IEM ideal that will perhaps come true, thanks to Penon passion about our ChiFi Love community as well as good comprehension of type of IEMs i've enjoy among douzens i review from their ISN and Penon IEMs catalogue. we know what kinda musicality charm our ears, Penon nail it 99% of time with their IEMs especially bass and mids wise, here i suggest to push 15k upper treble to turn Penon house sound more W shape way. they already know it since i tend to underline lack of sparkle and air in so much of my IEMs review, especially hybrid with BA. we will see how this turn up. if these ever see the day, it would mean they are truely good and worthy of release in this chifi IEMs overcrowded pool.

Last edited:
May 29, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #31,851 of 31,857
think about a bassier, warmer yet sparklier TSMR X....something between Feat and X in term of musicality...when i can share more about these i will...i need to get these in ears first..
Just today I was debating whether to get the TSMR X, wishing it was just a little closer to the Feat! Do you know when it is likely to release, and a rough price? I’m very interested in buying one.

May 29, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #31,852 of 31,857
First impressions on AFUL EXPLORER and LETSHUOER DT03

Here are my initial thoughts of these two products as I'm actually excited to test these devices out of its boxes. Consider these impressions that it will be subjected to some changes as I've tested these sets for some time as I try to assess the overall performance of each set. I might discover some things that I'm willing to share and will put some infos in my full review articles about it.

20240530_004725.jpg20240530_004955.jpg

AFUL EXPLORER

Since the success of the previous models like the Performer 5 (It's more of a mixed bag in my opinion), Performer 8 (a drastic improvement over its predecessor) and the astoundingly single BA IEM wonder, the MagicOne. AFUL continues striving for innovation and an assurance on the improvements of the performance of its model in every successive release. This is AFUL's latest set, The Explorer, and like its first two predecessors, it is also hybrid driver configuration consisting of a single dynamic driver and two self-developed balanced armature drivers in which I believe that it's an improvement of balanced armature driver that was implemented on MagicOne. Aside from the drivers, AFUL included some of its patented audio technologies that they still continue to refine like their patented crossover networks, High-Dampening Air Pressure Balancing System and Acoustic tube for better bass response. These drivers and other components were integrated into a specially designed 3D-printed resin shell chassis and like all AFUL sets, its UIEM-type form factor gives me the best possible fitting in my lug holes. Unlike the MagicOne, the Explorer is quite more sensitive and even easier to drive.

20240530_011535_HDR.jpg

As for its tonal quality, the Explorer is pretty well balanced sounding and also quite neutral in a way that it doesn't sound either too warm or too lean. It has an accentuated bass on its overall frequency response while the midrange and the treble presentation are relatively a bit linear and even as it maintains a smooth yet delineated sound with impressive clarity.

20240530_011542.jpg
Technical performance wise, it's a bit on an intimate side in terms of spatial head stage but it presents an atmospheric stereo imaging in which I can clearly panning out certain placements of instruments and vocals in a clean sonic canvas. It's noticeable quite resolving to in terms of resolution capabilities.

20240530_015859.jpg

LETSHUOER DT03

For a USB DAC/Amp dongle, this device is quite fairly accessorised for its asking price, aside from the basics, it also includes an USB-A adaptor for PC and laptop use, PU-leather case for the dongle and a long Type-C to Type-C cable.

20240530_011607.jpg

Its overall build quality is quite solid as it has a metal alloy chassis with a long LED indicator for sampling rate status. Its audio interface incorporates both a 3.5mm single ended and 4.4mm balanced outputs along with volume control buttons and manual gain control in a trough side panel. On its internals, it utilises an ESS DAC, the ES9219C in dual configuration, this particular DAC model is also implemented on some devices like HIDIZS XO, HiBy R3 II and LG's last V series device, the LG V60. This DAC is also quite a performer in terms of encoding digital audio formats as it can decode up to 384kHz at PCM format and up to DSD256 on its native hardware processing.

20240530_011620.jpg

This device is quite versatile in both hardware and software facets as it can be use it via plug and play on devices like smartphones, tablets, DAPs (if it has USB OTG support), smart TVs, laptops and PCs along with its OS compatibility in both mobile and desktop like Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS, Harmony OS and probably Linux. Since almost all of my testing devices are Android OS of different versions, I'm using the Hiby App and Neutron App for testing USB DAC/Amp dongles.

20240530_011817.jpg

As for its tonal performance, this device is reasonably neutral sounding while having a well-balanced tuning as it presents the bass, midrange and treble equally across its audio frequency spectrum. It also has a good technical performance with quite excellent resolution capability for its asking price.

20240530_011801.jpg

Check out my full review on these devices in a few days.

May 29, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #31,853 of 31,857
Just today I was debating whether to get the TSMR X, wishing it was just a little closer to the Feat! Do you know when it is likely to release, and a rough price? I’m very interested in buying one.
no idea for now....i guess in more or less 2 months...its not exactly for tommorow

and for rough price its in sub300$ price range...rest i dont know...we will see soon I guess!

May 29, 2024 at 11:07 PM Post #31,854 of 31,857
First impressions on AFUL EXPLORER and LETSHUOER DT03

Here are my initial thoughts of these two products as I'm actually excited to test these devices out of its boxes. Consider these impressions that it will be subjected to some changes as I've tested these sets for some time as I try to assess the overall performance of each set. I might discover some things that I'm willing to share and will put some infos in my full review articles about it.

AFUL EXPLORER

Since the success of the previous models like the Performer 5 (It's more of a mixed bag in my opinion), Performer 8 (a drastic improvement over its predecessor) and the astoundingly single BA IEM wonder, the MagicOne. AFUL continues striving for innovation and an assurance on the improvements of the performance of its model in every successive release. This is AFUL's latest set, The Explorer, and like its first two predecessors, it is also hybrid driver configuration consisting of a single dynamic driver and two self-developed balanced armature drivers in which I believe that it's an improvement of balanced armature driver that was implemented on MagicOne. Aside from the drivers, AFUL included some of its patented audio technologies that they still continue to refine like their patented crossover networks, High-Dampening Air Pressure Balancing System and Acoustic tube for better bass response. These drivers and other components were integrated into a specially designed 3D-printed resin shell chassis and like all AFUL sets, its UIEM-type form factor gives me the best possible fitting in my lug holes. Unlike the MagicOne, the Explorer is quite more sensitive and even easier to drive.

As for its tonal quality, the Explorer is pretty well balanced sounding and also quite neutral in a way that it doesn't sound either too warm or too lean. It has an accentuated bass on its overall frequency response while the midrange and the treble presentation are relatively a bit linear and even as it maintains a smooth yet delineated sound with impressive clarity.

Technical performance wise, it's a bit on an intimate side in terms of spatial head stage but it presents an atmospheric stereo imaging in which I can clearly panning out certain placements of instruments and vocals in a clean sonic canvas. It's noticeable quite resolving to in terms of resolution capabilities.

LETSHUOER DT03

For a USB DAC/Amp dongle, this device is quite fairly accessorised for its asking price, aside from the basics, it also includes an USB-A adaptor for PC and laptop use, PU-leather case for the dongle and a long Type-C to Type-C cable.

Its overall build quality is quite solid as it has a metal alloy chassis with a long LED indicator for sampling rate status. Its audio interface incorporates both a 3.5mm single ended and 4.4mm balanced outputs along with volume control buttons and manual gain control in a trough side panel. On its internals, it utilises an ESS DAC, the ES9219C in dual configuration, this particular DAC model is also implemented on some devices like HIDIZS XO, HiBy R3 II and LG's last V series device, the LG V60. This DAC is also quite a performer in terms of encoding digital audio formats as it can decode up to 384kHz at PCM format and up to DSD256 on its native hardware processing.

This device is quite versatile in both hardware and software facets as it can be use it via plug and play on devices like smartphones, tablets, DAPs (if it has USB OTG support), smart TVs, laptops and PCs along with its OS compatibility in both mobile and desktop like Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS, Harmony OS and probably Linux. Since almost all of my testing devices are Android OS of different versions, I'm using the Hiby App and Neutron App for testing USB DAC/Amp dongles.

As for its tonal performance, this device is reasonably neutral sounding while having a well-balanced tuning as it presents the bass, midrange and treble equally across its audio frequency spectrum. It also has a good technical performance with quite excellent resolution capability for its asking price.

Check out my full review on these devices in a few days.

oh, with Letshuoer DT03 dongle....how do you like sinergy with aful bro?

May 30, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #31,856 of 31,857
hello all. i've had a pair of CCA C12's for a few months now. i love that v shaped shouty, aggressive and punching quality it has, and that it's still really clear. (compared to previous JBLs and skullcandy's.) it's absolutely perfect for what i listen to. but as known, it's very tinny sounding with poor and cramped atmosphere, and high trebles get ear rendingly distorted. over all my experience has been positive and i'm definitely convinced with chi fi IEMs. unfortunately i've since lost that pair and i've been looking for an upgrade to the C12s for around the same price which possesses a similar signature, but would mitigate the aforementioned issues.

Last edited:
May 30, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #31,857 of 31,857
3 very different iems came today the
ISN NEO 5
ELYSIAN ACOUSTICS PILGRIM
TRN MEDUSA
brief initial impressions are favoring the ISN NEO 5 with it's addictive Bass! And smooth natural mids
20240530_173458~2.jpg
20240530_173211~2.jpg
20240530_173942~2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back