Audiosence AQ7 insight
EA1000
Sound Rhyme SR5

Kilobuck
Craft ear Omnium
Jomo Audio Gt600

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 1:18 AM Post #31,832 of 31,857
Fair. I generally see TWS as e-waste anyway and only buy them rarely. I also only use TWS when out running or walking the dog and at the gym so battery life is irrelevant to me to an extent. Eventually they will all degrade so I stay away as much as I can.

TWS is not e-waste, NC is a good bonus. Except nobody in the industry is man up to do the removable/module battery. They chose profits over longevity, like always.

I pair every IEMs with bluetooth hooks or receivers, so I sided with convenience over possibly better DAC&AMP.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:17 AM Post #31,833 of 31,857
KARS stands for Kiwi Acoustic Resonance System (see Linsoul) so how can this be commonly used in speakers? Are there Kiwi speakers I am not aware of but you do?
Resonators are used in speakers all the time, if you see a tall speaker with a bass port, most of the time it has a resonator of a certain dimension on the inside, either to boost the bass, cut the bass or just tune it.

Kiwi Ears did not invent it and KARS is just their commercial name for this type of mechanical frequency tuner. Where they innovated is the use in an IEM, because 3D printing makes it attainable at reasonable price points.

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #31,834 of 31,857
I want to know more about your impression on Kotori Vampire, mate.
It's nice , a lovely sounding single BA iem , great bass & mids , not very bright , super comfortable light weight with superb isolation.

Attachments

• IMG_20240514_184033.jpg
    IMG_20240514_184033.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 0
May 21, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #31,835 of 31,857
Ok guys, i'm back for good sorry for disappearance...I conclude headfi and Facebook are only 2 plae ill be active to don't disperse my time

this thread will get important update, including fav IEMs list of ChiFi Love admins...

right now the big crush and i guess upcoming hyping is SIMGOT SUPERMIX4.

i cantt get enough of their open holographic sweet musicality with proper bass slam and rumble and lush vocal...in fact, the BA used for mids remind me sonion...i don't understand how it can sound this good and cohesive.

SM4 are 1DD+1BA+1 micro planar+1 piezo (price=150$)

Super All Arounder. warm harman 2019 kind balance but Without thin mids or lack of mid bass roundness and punch, as well piezo and planar had snappy crunchy brightness on top which is airy not 100% sparkly....piezo is different than EST in tht regard...

every morning, same thing...i wake up and reach for SM4 lol
1716298635354.png

Good morning to you all fellow headfiers!

May 21, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #31,836 of 31,857
Ok guys, i'm back for good sorry for disappearance...I conclude headfi and Facebook are only 2 plae ill be active to don't disperse my time

this thread will get important update, including fav IEMs list of ChiFi Love admins...

right now the big crush and i guess upcoming hyping is SIMGOT SUPERMIX4.

i cantt get enough of their open holographic sweet musicality with proper bass slam and rumble and lush vocal...in fact, the BA used for mids remind me sonion...i don't understand how it can sound this good and cohesive.

SM4 are 1DD+1BA+1 micro planar+1 piezo (price=150$)

Super All Arounder. warm harman 2019 kind balance but Without thin mids or lack of mid bass roundness and punch, as well piezo and planar had snappy crunchy brightness on top which is airy not 100% sparkly....piezo is different than EST in tht regard...

every morning, same thing...i wake up and reach for SM4 lol
1716298635354.png

Good morning to you all fellow headfiers!
Hi, welcome back…
So the SIMGOT SUPERMIX4 is someone who is a little treble sensitive could buy?

May 21, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #31,837 of 31,857
Hi, welcome back…
So the SIMGOT SUPERMIX4 is someone who is a little treble sensitive could buy?
yes a little...always hard to tell for upper mids, we have about 10db gain so female vocal pop up bright meet lushness way ill say.
musicality is super 3D holographic thats what im enamoured off, it make me think of Penon 10th in that regard, i find it not too edgy or harssh in mids and treble yet its

ive share impulsive impressions arround but it seem i cant publish review before june so i take it more chill now lol

''
so enough hype about an IEM that will be available in June lol
yet, still listening to it today....
so i can share thoughs about the graph vs what I hear.

Firstly, depending of dongle and amping power i feel its bassier than graph, especially in mid bass lift i feel its less soft in 300hz section....the DD is very good and i get both thick bass line that arent muddy and a warm round kick,

mids wise, graph is on par from what i hear in the sens we got good lower mids boost, it begin to lift at about 700hz, this explain why both male and female vocal sound great and fully bodied, not overly boosted in texture yet as seen upper mids are quite boosted too, but its in a well rounded way. so, for those super sensitive to this section i can say, i am, but 40y old way...for me its no issue though i would have prefer it topped at 8db surely for even smoother timbre.

upper treble pass 5K as seen isnt the most boosted and its what i hear too, yet the extension is real with piezo, sharp crunchy not too loud way, in that regard its opposite of let say GeekWold GK100 piezo treble...but piezo can pick up unexpected micro details, this can happen. piezo is like less refined and crisp and clean EST, it match planar timbre quite well....percussions dont struggle at all to have their own space and dynamism...so this 12k spike is real yet for proper sparkle its 15k spike we need. notheless their some and we have plenty of air on top too, thus this very open soundstage without the need of recessed lean mids overly U shape way but im too wordy today time to go!
See less
''

here i comment abou this graph, which im not sure it final tuning graph...
1716303075527.png

as well, their the flagship Simgot EM10 upcoming but its 3xx pricier...

graph (again not sure if 100% valid)
1716303138832.png

chifi is quite hot in summer....so much new release to come...penon, tsmr, letshuoer, simgot, Dunu, Celest....

May 21, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #31,838 of 31,857
yes a little...always hard to tell for upper mids, we have about 10db gain so female vocal pop up bright meet lushness way ill say.
musicality is super 3D holographic thats what im enamoured off, it make me think of Penon 10th in that regard, i find it not too edgy or harssh in mids and treble yet its

ive share impulsive impressions arround but it seem i cant publish review before june so i take it more chill now lol

''

Firstly, depending of dongle and amping power i feel its bassier than graph, especially in mid bass lift i feel its less soft in 300hz section....the DD is very good and i get both thick bass line that arent muddy and a warm round kick,

mids wise, graph is on par from what i hear in the sens we got good lower mids boost, it begin to lift at about 700hz, this explain why both male and female vocal sound great and fully bodied, not overly boosted in texture yet as seen upper mids are quite boosted too, but its in a well rounded way. so, for those super sensitive to this section i can say, i am, but 40y old way...for me its no issue though i would have prefer it topped at 8db surely for even smoother timbre.

upper treble pass 5K as seen isnt the most boosted and its what i hear too, yet the extension is real with piezo, sharp crunchy not too loud way, in that regard its opposite of let say GeekWold GK100 piezo treble...but piezo can pick up unexpected micro details, this can happen. piezo is like less refined and crisp and clean EST, it match planar timbre quite well....percussions dont struggle at all to have their own space and dynamism...so this 12k spike is real yet for proper sparkle its 15k spike we need. notheless their some and we have plenty of air on top too, thus this very open soundstage without the need of recessed lean mids overly U shape way but im too wordy today time to go!
See less
''

chifi is quite hot in summer....so much new release to come...penon, tsmr, letshuoer, simgot, Dunu, Celest....
Howdy, I see that you have the Simgot EA1000 in your arsenal, which I have been contemplating picking up. Everything else aside, how would you compare the EA1000 with the SM4 in terms of clarity, soundstage, and instrument separation?

May 21, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #31,839 of 31,857

''

See less
''

The EM10 really interests me

May 22, 2024 at 3:29 AM Post #31,841 of 31,857

Looking for a single-DD? I just reviewed the $66 JIALAI Carats and it's scary how competent budget DDs are these days. You're invited to read my full review here. :smile:

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #31,842 of 31,857
The EM10 really interests me
yes me too, i might review them...cant promise when...their been misleading info about cable included on Reddit: its not LC7, another good cable i guess not a modular...wasnt expecting the EM10 to be that bassy....and well its no CON for me ahah nor you hehe

whats your biggest IEM crush of last 30 days bro?

me its TSMR X then....yes, Simgot Supermix4 really hook me intensely....i need to give mini comparison with Letshuoer DZ4 since i feel SM4 is logical upgrade

May 22, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #31,843 of 31,857
Will publish three review articles this week.
wow on fire baby!
hum, for me its 2 a week max i think....not sure i can do more. its 10H min of listening so...if i wanna hear birds singing time to time i need to relax ahah

May 22, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #31,844 of 31,857
and there come this second review of the week in fact.

The BQEYZ Cloud, man, what a refined sounding clean neutral IEM, smooth yet bright and revealing....big crush for classical music i love how violing attack isn't harsh but have a creamy abrasivity to it (i know all these term can feel contradictory but that the passive air transmission driver magic....)
female vocal are excellent too. while sub bass a bit roll off but nice in presence and well layered from this very nice mid bass that permit kick drum to have substance and dynamism...

anyway, full review here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bqeyz-cloud.27191/reviews#review-33987
Pros:
-bright neutral yet musical
-monitor like imaging
-quality bass (round punchy mid bass, well layered bass line presence)
-rich, texture and realist timbre
-clear forwards mids
-beautiful female vocal: fowards yet non shouty or harsh
-fast and controlled attack
-very refined treble (crisp and clean and snappy)
-versatile for anything but basshead music
-classical and acoustic instruments maestro
-speedy weight piano
-beautiful and energetic female vocal
-the passive driver is truly a game changer here
-good cable
-good sound value
Cons:
-slight sub bass roll off
-closed up soundstage
-not the most lively macro dynamic
-while clean as a whole, their not a lot of limpid silence around instruments
-just slight bit of warmth between kick (mid bass) and mids transition
-construction and design is rather uninspired and 2 pin connectors feel cheap

1716389529085.png

May 22, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #31,845 of 31,857

Looking for a single-DD? I just reviewed the $66 JIALAI Carats and it's scary how competent budget DDs are these days. You're invited to read my full review here. :smile:
nice...is this a new company?
graph is familiar looking.

i wonder how they compare to Simgot EW200.

its true single DD budget market is plain crazy sound value wise.

1716393361419.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back