Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 17, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #18,856 of 18,865
It seems most positive reviews are coming from those who use Roon right?
Has anyone used the Qobuz integration and can comment on it?
I can't really see how that goes, can you stream directly from Qobuz?

My use case would revolve around using Qobuz on one hand and using the SD slot on the other hand.
Still considering whether the Poly would satisfy my use case.

Thanks.

I'll agree that using MConnect integration of Qobuz and Poly pretty solid. MConnect does well with the SD card as well.

May 17, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #18,857 of 18,865
Is MPD or UPnP capable of resuming playback position and queue after shutdown? I'm primarily asking about SD card but also streaming.

May 17, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #18,858 of 18,865
Is MPD or UPnP capable of resuming playback position and queue after shutdown?
MPD yes, UPnP depends on the streaming program. Roon for example will remember where the device left off prior to disconnection.

May 17, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #18,859 of 18,865
MPD yes, UPnP depends on the streaming program. Roon for example will remember where the device left off prior to disconnection.

I'm mostly using Rigelian on my iPhone/iPad and MacBook for both MPD (SD card) and Qobuz. mConnect works well also via UPnP (as you said)...

May 17, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #18,862 of 18,865
I'd use android as a source.

How about Qobuz's offline library. Can you stream that to Poly through the hotspot feature when away from a home wifi network?

I don't know of any way to use the offline library. Neither the Tidal or Qobuz native apps can stream to Poly directly. You can use apps like BubbleUPnP though to stream to the Poly over UPnP but the offline library does not work. There are also MPD apps that can stream but again no offline support. I'm primarily an Apple user so maybe some Android users can clarify or correct me...

May 17, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #18,863 of 18,865
I don't know of any way to use the offline library. Neither the Tidal or Qobuz native apps can stream to Poly directly. You can use apps like BubbleUPnP though to stream to the Poly over UPnP but the offline library does not work. There are also MPD apps that can stream but again no offline support. I'm primarily an Apple user so maybe some Android users can clarify or correct me...

For the MPD it is not necessary to be connected to a data network, just hotspot from your phone or set the Poly to hotspot mode

May 17, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #18,864 of 18,865
I like to solve the following problem:
In order to Stream qobuz online from the Internet via Rigelian on iPadOS a Bubble/UPnP I had to install a Bubble/UPnP server before, is this still necessary? It would be fine, not needing the server at all.
Any ideas?
I'd really like to use Rigelian, or at least check it out, without that server hassle. Thanks in advance for the help/Clarification.

May 17, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #18,865 of 18,865
I like to solve the following problem:
In order to Stream qobuz online from the Internet via Rigelian on iPadOS a Bubble/UPnP I had to install a Bubble/UPnP server before, is this still necessary? It would be fine, not needing the server at all.
Any ideas?
I'd really like to use Rigelian, or at least check it out, without that server hassle. Thanks in advance for the help/Clarification.

Yes, I believe you need the BubbleUPnP server on your network to add Openhome support for Rigelian. You can use the mConnect app instead which supports standard UPnP (no BubbleUPnP server needed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back