Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 17, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #18,856 of 19,020
It seems most positive reviews are coming from those who use Roon right?
Has anyone used the Qobuz integration and can comment on it?
I can't really see how that goes, can you stream directly from Qobuz?

My use case would revolve around using Qobuz on one hand and using the SD slot on the other hand.
Still considering whether the Poly would satisfy my use case.

Thanks.

I'll agree that using MConnect integration of Qobuz and Poly pretty solid. MConnect does well with the SD card as well.

May 17, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #18,857 of 19,020
Is MPD or UPnP capable of resuming playback position and queue after shutdown? I'm primarily asking about SD card but also streaming.

May 17, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #18,858 of 19,020
Is MPD or UPnP capable of resuming playback position and queue after shutdown?
MPD yes, UPnP depends on the streaming program. Roon for example will remember where the device left off prior to disconnection.

May 17, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #18,859 of 19,020
MPD yes, UPnP depends on the streaming program. Roon for example will remember where the device left off prior to disconnection.

I'm mostly using Rigelian on my iPhone/iPad and MacBook for both MPD (SD card) and Qobuz. mConnect works well also via UPnP (as you said)...

May 17, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #18,862 of 19,020
I'd use android as a source.

How about Qobuz's offline library. Can you stream that to Poly through the hotspot feature when away from a home wifi network?

I don't know of any way to use the offline library. Neither the Tidal or Qobuz native apps can stream to Poly directly. You can use apps like BubbleUPnP though to stream to the Poly over UPnP but the offline library does not work. There are also MPD apps that can stream but again no offline support. I'm primarily an Apple user so maybe some Android users can clarify or correct me...

May 17, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #18,863 of 19,020
I don't know of any way to use the offline library. Neither the Tidal or Qobuz native apps can stream to Poly directly. You can use apps like BubbleUPnP though to stream to the Poly over UPnP but the offline library does not work. There are also MPD apps that can stream but again no offline support. I'm primarily an Apple user so maybe some Android users can clarify or correct me...

For the MPD it is not necessary to be connected to a data network, just hotspot from your phone or set the Poly to hotspot mode

May 17, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #18,864 of 19,020
I like to solve the following problem:
In order to Stream qobuz online from the Internet via Rigelian on iPadOS a Bubble/UPnP I had to install a Bubble/UPnP server before, is this still necessary? It would be fine, not needing the server at all.
Any ideas?
I'd really like to use Rigelian, or at least check it out, without that server hassle. Thanks in advance for the help/Clarification.

May 17, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #18,865 of 19,020
I like to solve the following problem:
In order to Stream qobuz online from the Internet via Rigelian on iPadOS a Bubble/UPnP I had to install a Bubble/UPnP server before, is this still necessary? It would be fine, not needing the server at all.
Any ideas?
I'd really like to use Rigelian, or at least check it out, without that server hassle. Thanks in advance for the help/Clarification.

Yes, I believe you need the BubbleUPnP server on your network to add Openhome support for Rigelian. You can use the mConnect app instead which supports standard UPnP (no BubbleUPnP server needed).

May 19, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #18,867 of 19,020
I can't see my folders on the Poly SD in Rigelian, what is the reason? They don't appear in gofigure either... can someone help me?
It happens. In GoFigure "Refresh Current SD Card Database" and in Rigelian "Update DB" if that doesn't fix it try deleting the files in the root of the SD card and build the databases again. If that doesn't fix it copy all your music off the card, reformat it and put the files back a few at a time, until it breaks again and repeat.

Poly, great when it works, infuriating when it doesn't.

May 19, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #18,868 of 19,020
Hi all,

I thought I'd ask Chord straight away if a new Poly was due.
To my surprise they have answered very transparently: a new Poly is not in the making.

So for me and other buyers who were a little hesitant for fears of a new Poly coming out: no need to worry.

See screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240519_171436_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240519_171436_Outlook.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 0
May 19, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #18,869 of 19,020
I like to emphasize what Chord wrote in Maartens posted answer: "[...] Poly has still more to give in software terms as well [...]"
I'm sure there exists an internal road map for software updates, but how about integrating a bubble/UPnP-server/daemon and some sort of ssh sandbox for users (chroot environment) in order they do not harm vital sections of the software, oh for paying users who are willing to let guarantee go, an individual ssh-key for full access? This would be my personal wish list.

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #18,870 of 19,020
Hi all,

I thought I'd ask Chord straight away if a new Poly was due.
To my surprise they have answered very transparently: a new Poly is not in the making.

So for me and other buyers who were a little hesitant for fears of a new Poly coming out: no need to worry.

See screenshot attached.
I hope there will be no new Poly. Mojo3 should have wireless built in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back