Chord Mojo 2 headphones pairing with behringer mixer, active speakers on a laptop
Apr 30, 2024 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Andrei1

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

My passion is tango DJing and I will be invited to play music for people to dance to in a local milonga. The location has a Behringer Xenyx QX602mp3 mixer. I will be purchasing the Chord Mojo 2 dac/amp and I would like to use it to monitor the sound on my Sennheiser HD 560S headphones through audacity, so that I can listen to the songs that are gonna be played next through audacity and adjust accordingly to the mood and feel. The actual music will be played through the active speakers that are already paired with the mixer at the location (those are not mine). The place owns them. I already have 1 pair of 2x RCA to 2x XLR male cables and another pair of 2x RCA to 2x XLR female cables. The second pair that I have got is useless, so yeah, I don't think I will be using them. But the former, I will be using to connect one end to the XLR female mic input connector on the Behringer mixer and the other end, RCA will be connected to an adapter with RCA at one end and a optical input on the other end and that will connect to the mojo 2's optical input. Is this setup correct from a technical perspective, not just physical? If so, then give me a thumbs up. If not, tell me how should I pair them all?

Also, by the way, I think the right way is for the mojo 2 to be independently hooked to just be used as a monitor for my headphones through audacity and not connected to the active speakers on the 2nd output connector, because they aren’t meant to be hooked to powered speakers, because the sound will be distorted and the Mojo 2 was not designed to be used with speakers, let alone, active speakers, is that correct?

P. S. I haven’t mentioned about the usb-c input on the mojo 2 that will be paired to connect to the laptop and the jack that comes from the active speakers cables that will go to my laptop's 3.5mm jack directly, because that is straightforward.

May 1, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #2 of 2
If you wanted to use the Mojo to send music to the speakers, you could connect the Mojo's 3.5mm output to the analogue input on the mixer, and let the mixer beef up the signal accordingly. Just set the Mojo's output to 2V, to function as line-out.

But for privet listening, to figure out which track to play next, the Mojo 2 will simply connect to your computer via USB, and you'll have to figure out how to set Audacity to output to Mojo, and whatever software you're using to play for the crowd, to play to the mixer.

Not sure if that's even possible, but it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back