Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 1, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #10,516 of 10,766
What would you guys say is the best amp to go with Mojo2?
I'm really considering Enleum HPA-23RM at the moment.

* Both portable/desktop.
*Two tone characters, voltage driven or current driven.
*Replaceable batteries.
*If you're not driving Susvaras or other power monsters it's said indistinguishable with big brother AMP-23R.
*3700 euros .. dang

Drooling..
If anyone heard one, please share.

May 1, 2024 at 2:22 AM Post #10,517 of 10,766
I installed the paid version of UAPP on my One Plus 12 but using the Mojo 2 I’m getting lots of random stutters and crackling. I’ve increased the buffer size but doesn’t help. Anyone have any settings recommendations?

May 1, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #10,518 of 10,766
I installed the paid version of UAPP on my One Plus 12 but using the Mojo 2 I’m getting lots of random stutters and crackling. I’ve increased the buffer size but doesn’t help. Anyone have any settings recommendations?
Yeah there are like a ton of setting to fiddle with, good luck! Should work.

What confused me initially was the internal high res driver, this would only address headphone socket usages, not the audio usb usage.

May 1, 2024 at 2:38 AM Post #10,519 of 10,766
I'm really considering Enleum HPA-23RM at the moment.

* Both portable/desktop.
*Two tone characters, voltage driven or current driven.
*Replaceable batteries.
*If you're not driving Susvaras or other power monsters it's said indistinguishable with big brother AMP-23R.
*3700 euros .. dang

Drooling..
If anyone heard one, please share.
Yeh, that one is probably the best of best :) But the price is very high and availability low. I think a store in Portugal has it.

May 1, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #10,521 of 10,766
Yeh, that one is probably the best of best :) But the price is very high and availability low. I think a store in Portugal has it.
730grams is not pocket-ish.
Say it's very, very transport friendly.
Purse friendly, but that's not me though 😁

But you can get a hugo2 these days 2nd hand for less than half the price of enleum hpa-23rm, about same size, if transportability dictated such a size/weight.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 3:08 AM Post #10,522 of 10,766
Have you made sure it's set to run but perfect and bypass android ?
Yes, Hi Res driver selected and bit perfect. Gone are the days you could just plug and play… Buying a flagship Android phone doesn’t guarantee good playback. I think I preferred the occasional EMI interference using the Mojo 2 with my iPhone SE.

May 1, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #10,523 of 10,766
Yes, Hi Res driver selected and bit perfect. Gone are the days you could just plug and play… Buying a flagship Android phone doesn’t guarantee good playback. I think I preferred the occasional EMI interference using the Mojo 2 with my iPhone SE.
Yeah UAPP and or phone can change settings so music still coming via phone dac or through UAPP and bot bit perfect

May 1, 2024 at 7:23 AM Post #10,524 of 10,766

I haven't had the problems you have with Android and the Mojo2. I've been Android for several years. It's been identical to iOS. I use UAPP and Roon ARC bit perfect.

Can you play music off any other app to the Mojo2? Have you tried another usb C cable? Does UAPP work well when you don't use hi res and bit perfect?

It's easy to tweak android and "get into the weeds". You're better off deleting the app plus data and try again. The Mojo2 should work flawlessly off of android through the AAudio.

May 1, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #10,525 of 10,766
That’s a great cable, but caution, as it doesn’t play nicely with phone cases, as I just found out the hard way… going to try the ddHiFi next…

Sounds like you have researched this a great deal. I have to say, when I saw that video, I had never heard a Chord product… Now hearing what Rob has achieved with the Mojo 2 and Qutest (can only imagine the others are even more impressive), I have upgraded my trust in what that man says to 99.9%. Both of these products are otherworldly…

In that spirit, I’m going to see if my other flagship DAC (Dayzee) and / or my Qutest will perform better with an iFi iPower X, which, based on the limited info I have found on it, appears to be a well-designed SMPS.
I was able to cut away a wider opening for it to fit, and it hardly noticeable.

Attachments

• WIN_20240501_10_58_38_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240501_10_58_38_Pro.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • WIN_20240501_10_55_17_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240501_10_55_17_Pro.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • WIN_20240501_10_54_36_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240501_10_54_36_Pro.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
May 1, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #10,526 of 10,766
I've had my Chord Mojo 2 for just about two years, and just this morning, I realized there's no longer any sound coming out it anymore. It boots, it load, but it doesn't click anymore after it's boot sequence completes and doesn't play any sound when playing music through it. It still connects to my devices, PC, Phone. I've tried many different cables but they didn't make any difference. I have a strong feeling its Mojo 2 itself though, since there's no click anymore after the Mojo 2 finishes booting up. I've reached out to Chord earlier today but I've yet to hear them.

May 2, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #10,527 of 10,766
I've had my Chord Mojo 2 for just about two years, and just this morning, I realized there's no longer any sound coming out it anymore. It boots, it load, but it doesn't click anymore after it's boot sequence completes and doesn't play any sound when playing music through it. It still connects to my devices, PC, Phone. I've tried many different cables but they didn't make any difference. I have a strong feeling its Mojo 2 itself though, since there's no click anymore after the Mojo 2 finishes booting up. I've reached out to Chord earlier today but I've yet to hear them.
Did you try a factory reset?

Press menu button to enter the DSP menu. Then hold down the + and - keys until it resets. Worth a try.

May 5, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #10,528 of 10,766
I'd like to buy a Planar headphone for the Mojo 2 and I'd like to know which ones could be driven with ease? I listened to Sundara yesterday and I liked it but I had to push the volume... I'd like something like this (easy on the ears, musical) but a bit more sophisticated in every area. How about ananda Nano, Arya Organic, HE6se V2? I loved Audeze Sine (with Cypher cable) sound signature, which was a Planar headphone too. I would appreciate to hear your experience with Planar headphones with Mojo 2.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back